Introduce Yourself!

Options
When was your surgery? Where was your surgery? How much have you lost?

Replies

• ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on jan 24th 2011. My surgeon was Dr. Hammer in Springfield IL. I have lost 146 lbs!! My goal is 140 or maybe lower. I am currenty 158.
  • missah1459
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I am about to have my surgery next week and was wondering if you had any tips or advice for me?
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time!! I experienced a lot of nausea and went back for dehydration. Fluids are very important as are taking ur vitamins. And get ready for a lot of emotions!! I was happy and sad and mad and scared when I first got the surgery and the months following. My mind is still catching up with the weight loss. Its surreal at time. Good luck and let me know if u have any other questions!!
  • lijuarez
    Options
    I had my surgery 4/21/2011 in San Deigo (scripps Mercy) Dr. Taller I have lost 68 pounds
  • Catbird1954
    Options
    I had VSG on November 18th, 2011. I have stuggled my entire adult life with my wieight. I would lose large amounts of weight but always gained it back. I am hopefull and looking forward to the future.
  • prettybrownis
    prettybrownis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 11/14 by Dr. Thomas Clarke (CFWLS in Newport News VA) and have lost 31lbs thus far.
  • Rebecca_139
    Rebecca_139 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I had the VSG December 8, 2011 from Dr. Robert Richard in Atlanta, GA. at Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth GA. He is an amazing surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone! I am looking forward to losing more weight and becoming a healthier me!
  • vdcthiessen
    Options
    Hiya!
    I had my VSG on October 11th 2011. My highest weight was 316 pounds. I lost 31 pounds presurg and as of today I have lost 48 since surgery. .. my goal is 165 pounds. I only have 72 pounds left!!! I had it done by Terence Clarke in Schenectady NY.

Right now I am hitting the gym 5 days a week which is really a great distraction from wanting to snack! Plus I really enjoy the exercise now. I LOVE my sleeve!

Virginia
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I had my surgery on 06 December 2011 in Kuwait. For the curious, my doctor's name is Dr. Sami Aman. From my highest weight, I am down 24 pounds and hoping for another 70 by the summer =)
  • immeagain
    Options
    Hi, I had my surgery Sept 20, 2011 in Ohio. I have lost 59lbs so far and love the sleeve!!! Best decision ever even though I was self pay and will still be paying on it when I am 90, at least I have a greater chance of making it to 90 now! I have approximately 75 to 100 lbs still left to lose but I know I can do it! For those looking forward to the surgery or just have had the surgery... my advice, proteins and liquids are your friends!!! Even if its a tablespoon at a time!!! Food will eventually come!!

Theresa
  • redsnapper1975
    Options
    Hi! Just joined this site and looking for WLS friendly groups. I was sleeved May 19, 2011. High weight 313, now 205. Stalling out a bit at this 7 month point, so came here to start tracking what I eat more closely and break through to goal. :)
  • sisterjellybean
    Options
    I am scheduled for VSG on Monday! Scared, happy, nervous, excited you name it... Starting out at 212 at 5'3 tall and am VERY ready for a succesful journey.

Happy to find support and motivation amongst other sleevers on this site :)
  • nolley55
    Options
    Hi . I had my Lapband converted to a sleeve on 5/27/11 by Dr. Aceves in Mexico. I am from Wisconsin It was/is kinda rough due to the scar tissue from the lapband. Took a long time to be able to eat. Have to really watch what I eat. My Bmi was lower, so my weight loss is slower.
  • Robynlyn75
    Options
    Hello all!! I have my VSG surgery through Kaiser Permanente in Fontana on 9/14/11 and have lost 42 lbs to date (1 since joining Myfitnesspal). I have also had weight struggles all my life but thus far have no regrets. It is hard to get enough protein and fluids in, but I am trying. I have had some hair loss issues but it isn't too bad. I'm looking forward to hearing from other VSG and weight loss buddies :happy:
  • jillucidi
    Options
    hello everyone.

my story, as short and sweet as i can make it......10 months ago i had weight loss surgery! (vertical sleeve)
    i have lost a total of 180lbs!!! of course i work VERY hard for these results, and i am determined to continue my success, try as hard as i can to stay on a healthy life long path :)
    i joined this site, because i feel that im now at a comfortable weight....i def. feel like it will help me learn/memorize, all about WHAT im putting into my body. i would like to track everything i eat (mostly calories and protien) exercise too!! now that im at my goal weight, its time to FOCUS, and really turn my life around!! im hoping this site will bring me support, new friends and their knowledge (or lack of lol) to help ease my journey. i am a great supporter that is at this game forever, i know that now more than ever!! who with me? ;)
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tasha, I am 25 years old. I have been married for 4 years and have an 18 month old son. I have struggled with my weight all my life, and have dieted since I was 13 with very little to no success. When I hit my highest weight ever in May 2011 (286.8 lbs) I decided enough was enough and I joined MFP and ventured on yet another diet! Since I was 17 my Dad has worked very closely with surgeons that preform WLS, so I have had a detailed knowledge of the process and success of people that underwent the surgery. When November rolled around I was feeling so discouraged, I asked myself one day, "If I was given a large sum of money today, what would I do with it?" I realized that WLS was among the top three things that I would do for myself and that is when I realized that WLS was something that couldn't wait until later, it was something that I needed to find a way to do now. Through a series of very fortunate events I was able to complete all of the pre-surgery requirements and was submitted to insurance for approval this month. I am currently scheduled to be "Sleeved" on February 7, 2012. I could not be more excited that everything has worked out for me and that I will have this wonderful tool to aid me in my weight loss journey.
  • jerseygirlxoxo
    jerseygirlxoxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I had my surgery on Aug 29 and have lost a total of 60 pounds. 50 have been since the surgery. I have been overweight my whole life and NEVER lost 60 pounds before. I am so happy that something is finally successful. No surgery is a cure for anything. I will always struggle with wanting foods that aren't healthy for me. However, for the first time I have results to show for my struggle. I wish you all great success in your journey
  • Lovelupe
    Lovelupe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery in Aug. 2008. My goal was to lose 90 pounds. I only lost 70 pounds but I was down to a size 12 so I was ok. About a year ago I started slowly gaining. I have gained 7 pounds and struggle with getting back on track. I lose the 7 pounds only to lose focus and gain it back. This is the first time I join a group. I am hoping that the added support will help me. My goal is to lose the dreaded 7 pounds and an additional 20. I also joined a zumba class in jan. Has anyone else gained weight since their surgery?
  • jkoubik
    Options
    Hello There!!
    I'm Jes. I had my surgery on December 20,2010. I have lost 161 pounds so far. I have 6 pounds left until I get to my original goal. But, 9 to get to the ultimate goal I challenged my surgeon with! =)
  • mamasez
    Options
    Hi Yall! I was sleeved Oct 17, 2011 by Dr Nicholson in Plano, Tx. I have lost about 60 lbs including pre-op diet. I have lost and gained weight since 7th grade. This is the final frontier! My appetite has recently increased, which troubles me a bit. I find myself thinking about food more often. I guess the new is wearing off my sleeve a little but I am still loving it.