Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• flonightn
    Options
    When was your surgery? Where was your surgery? How much have you lost?
  • flonightn
    Options
    I'm in Charlotte NC. Gettin sleeved Oct 12. By Dr Carl Lowe Carolina Surgical. So excited and anxious, looking forward to all the support from fellow sleevers!
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Cindy. I am 36 years old. I have been overweight all my life. I have 3 small children and I have finally decided enough is enough. I have almost completed the process for the sleeve. I have been approved by the insurance company. I have to go to my last pre-op educational meeting this week. Once I complete this class, I will be able to schedule an appointment with my surgeon to get my surgery date. I hope to have it in the next few weeks. I have lost 17 pounds to date. I hope to lose at least 107 total. I would love all of the support I can get from others who have or will have gone through the sleeve process. Please feel free to add me!!!!!
  • LaBeba69
    Options
    Hello I had my VSG 08.27.2012 with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico. I have lost a total of 29.5. I am 43 years old, 5' Tall and my starting weight was 209.6 and I am currently down to 181.1.

Just joined MFP and look forward to meeting others on this fantastic journey.
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too :) My gastric sleeve surgery is booked on 30th Oct and I cant wait. For the last 4 weeks I've cut right back on calories, aiming for around 1200 per day and have lost just over 5kg so far, starting the VLCD this coming Monday, using Optifast on the advice of the bariatric dietician. Exciting but tough times ahead.

Would love to hear experiences of others, especially for pureed food and meal ideas.
  • LibertyBelle75
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm currently 7 weeks post-op and I'm looking to add supportive friends who can relate to this experience and support me on my journey. Let's do this together! :)

* VSG was 8/28/12 in Grand Rapids, MI
    * I was down 53lbs at my 6-week post-op appointment last week
  • rncsalvi
    rncsalvi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi VSGers....well today I start my pre-surgery diet of liquids and getting sleeved on Friday 11/2/12. Wish me luck this week.....I believe I will really need it.
  • Mikeylynn
    Options
    My name is Michael from Fall River, MA. I had my sleeve 10/10/12 at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, MA. Dr. Nichole Pecquex was my surgeon. She was Amazing!! My Starting weight was 493, my surgery weight was 462. I will be weighed in on Wednesday at my 2 week preop.

Follow my journey: www.lessofmike.com
  • TheNewRenee
    Options
    My name is Renee and I will be having the VSG although I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm waiting on a test result to come back from my Sleep study and then I can schedule a date. I'm really needing some friends who have had surgery on here. I've been using this site for almost 2 years and the friends I have on here are great but...they don't understand my decision to have surgery. They think I am taking the easy way out. Which you all know is not the case. I live in West Michigan and I am going through Grand Health Partners for my surgery which is a bariatric treatment center. I'm excited about this new chapter.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    My name is Renee and I will be having the VSG although I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm waiting on a test result to come back from my Sleep study and then I can schedule a date. I'm really needing some friends who have had surgery on here. I've been using this site for almost 2 years and the friends I have on here are great but...they don't understand my decision to have surgery. They think I am taking the easy way out. Which you all know is not the case. I live in West Michigan and I am going through Grand Health Partners for my surgery which is a bariatric treatment center. I'm excited about this new chapter.

Hi Renee,

feel free to add me. I had VSG on 6/6/11. Been there, done that :wink:
  • rncsalvi
    rncsalvi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, well just started the liquid preop.....Off to Mexico on 11/1/12 and will be sleeved on 11/2/12. Wish me well.
  • ready4LBD
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I don't have a surgery date yet, but I am getting sleeved probably in Jan or Feb. I just started the 3 month supervised diet required by my insurance.

I haven't told many people that I'm getting this done, I'm just not sure how supportive they will be. I've just told my hubby, mom, and 1 friend.

Hopefully I will connect with some sleevers out there!
    ~Donna
  • dawn109
    Options
    Hi, My surgery was this past Monday October 22, 2012 5:30pm. The surgery was done by Dr. Agarwala from LI Laproscopic Assoc. In Port Jefferson, NY. The surgery went well and I still have some pain but I am doing alot of walking around the house. I'm hoping to venture out tomorrow. Even if its just around the block.

Dawn
  • dawn109
    Options
    Hi Renee, Feel free to add me if you want. I just had surgery on Monday so I may not be of much help with after surgery question since I'm still experiencing for myself but I will try.
  • Cheekybookworm
    Options
    Hi Jessica here! So glad to be here 1 week-ish post op. My surgery date was 10/18/12. Entering my second week post op. Starting to push myself a bit in the exercise (walking) department.. Man, have had lots of emotions since the surgery. Lots of ups and downs. Was frustrated the scale wasn't moving at all. Hoping it'll start showing some results soon - and on that note - will probably toss mine and let my weigh-ins at the surgeons office and PCP suffice for now.

Highest weight 267
    Start Pre-Op Liquid weight 258
    Pre-Op weight 10/18/12 244.3
    Today 10/27/12 240.2

Can't wait to "luv" my sleeve.

So far still using Nectar Protein shakes to hit my protein goals - 80-100g/day. Add eating 3 1 -2 oz meals (with 30 min before and after breaks) and 50 oz of water and some days I feel a little crazy. Making sure to hit the protein - struggling a bit with the water.

Can wait to take advantage of the site to start logging everything - since my NUT requires it. :) Well, that and it's a success factor for this journey.

Can't wait to "mingle".

Jess
  • Cheekybookworm
    Options
    Why and the HECK do people think surgery is the easy way out?! It baffles me. Like, uh, I haven't tried everything else under the sun. And surgery is a tool. Not a magic wand. Viola! You're thin and you'll never have to watch what you eat, learn to cope life long with emotions that drive cravings, and never have to exercise - oh and by the way, let's add now we're tied to our new little friend the pouch...easy...my left butt cheek. I do firmly agree people are entitled to their opinions...on this one my personal feeling is - keep it to yourself.

Girl, you've got friends out here who totally get it. Stick with us and we'll change our lives though personal accountability and lots 'n lots of support!!!

xo
    Jess
  • mistydk
    mistydk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I had my surgery Feb 2012. I actually traveled to Mexico to have surgery because I had no weight loss surgery insurance coverage. I've lost over 90 lbs and I'm almost to my goal weight. Loving the VSG life! :-)
  • ReneeCOO
    Options
    Hi Renee - My name is Renee, too! I just had my surgery on Oct. 17th and don't let anyone tell you you're taking the easy way out. It's a tool...a wonderful tool I'm so glad I had the courage to have. You will still have to be in charge of what you eat, how much you exercise, etc., etc. I'm excited for you and hope if you're ready for it that you'll take that big step! Feel free to add me. ReneeCOO
  • C_Coughenour
    C_Coughenour Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...my name is Christina but everyone calls me CC. I had my surgery on 10/6/2012 with Dr. Kelly. I lost 13 pounds the first week post op but have been stalled ever since! Everyone feel free to add me...
  • christiemon
    Options
    Hi - I'm Christie. I had my sleeve surgery in May 2011. I had lost a total of 123 pounds - than wound up with some unrelated medical problems which created some stress eating and drinking that I quickly gained about 10 pounds. I had a brain decompression surgery on October 1st this year, I'm at home healing and focusing back on my eating. I quickly lost 5 pounds. I'd like to loose another 10 - 15 total but I'd like to see how I look at that point. Currently I went from a size 24 to an 8.