Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• hopejo00
    hopejo00 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had my sleeve on May 2nd, 2012 by Dr. Morales at the SSM Weight Loss Institute in St. Louis. I have struggled with my weight since a car accident in 1991 left me with little movement in my right ankle. I wasn't able to be as active and didn't modify my eating habits. I am looking forward to a new phase in my life. Feel free to add me, I would love the support of fellow sleevers.
  • ordinarybeauty
    Options
    I'm in the insurance approval phase (6 month pre-op medically supervised weight loss program) and hoping for a September VSG! I am glad there is A VSG group on MFP and look forward to learning and sharing support with you all.
  • skinnytoesvsg
    Options
    Hi! I'm 10 day's post op (yeah!) and down 14 lbs. Surgery date was 5/2 at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale AZ. I've challenged my sleeve a bit without properly blenderizing my food ...and paid for it. Still going strong though. I got on MFP mainly to track my proteins as my goal at this stage is 65 to 75 grams/day. I think I'm going to need to step up my protein shake to get to those numbers and will head out to by some unflavored whey isolate so I can add it to broths, soups, chili, etc.

Glad to find you all!
    Tammy

HW: 250 (est)
    SW: 227.6
    CW: 214.0
    GW: 145.0
  • yadayadayada77
    Options
    Hi fellow sleevers! I just had my surgery on May 1, 2012 and including the pre-op time, I have lost 26 lbs. Doesnt sound like much, but when I think how much I spent at Jenny Craig a couple of years ago to lose that amount, I figure I have spent almost a quarter of what the surgery cost and lost in an eighth of the time! Since I am only 11 days post op, I am not sure what to expect in the future. I have gone through myriad of emotions most of self pity. I was so depressed the first week and felt like if I had to eat one more popscicle or cup of jello that it was a curse worse than death! However, at my one week post-op appointment they gave us free reign to begin introducing a whole array of foods and believe me, I have taken total advantage of it! I am hoping that my weight loss will continue even though I am adding real food! Anyway, I am very glad that there is a group on here that can offer support and tips since it looks like many of you have been where I am!
    Best of luck to us all!
    Kelli
    :flowerforyou:
  • yadayadayada77
    Options
    Hi Tammy!
    I am just about the same time as you, my surgery was 05/01 in San Antonio, TX. I joined MFP for the same reason, but have used this site for years in conjunction with both Jenny Craig and WW. It has been very useful, but I would lose and then put it all back on every year - which cannot be healthy! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you and maybe we can help support eachother!
    Kelli
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    I had my VSG on June 13, 2011. Surgeon was Baker at Gunderson Lutheran in La Crosse, WI. I was 308lbs. I’m down to 232 as of 5/14/12. This may seem slow; I kept a lot of healthy fats in my diet to help with my skin. And I kept my daily protein 100g or more to retain muscle. Weight loss honeymoon is over, so I’m using this app to keep my diet on track. Loving it!! Feel free to find me on Facebook. cbferriss@yahoo.com
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had my VSG in December. I live in Michigan. I am very happy I had it done. I am hitting a plateau after losing 65 pounds, but I think I need to step up the exercise, and my body needs to catch up with me! Glad to be part of this forum!
  • beckisues
    beckisues Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I had surgery on January 17, 2012, through Kaiser Fontana. As of today I'm down 56 lbs. I started MFP about 6 weeks ago because I had hit a slump in my weight loss, and wanted to keep better track of what I was eating, exercise etc. I really love it, and am looking for friends, so please friend me.

Thanks!
  • marktonk
    marktonk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Mark and I am having the surgery on Tuesday next week. My top weight was 340 and I'm down to 313 with a few days left to go of the liquid diet. yum yum lol My goal weight is 190 and I cant "weight" to get there! My theme song for my journey will have to be "sexy back" by Timberlake because at the end of the day I gotta do this for me! I have two amazing kids who are going to have their dad around for a long time. I have several friends who have had different gastric surgeries and I know I can do this too!
  • beachmom24
    beachmom24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone....
    I'm scheduled to have the sleeve on June 5. I'm in the pre-op diet phase right now. Happy to find this group! I have about 100 pounds to lose and know I will need support along the way:).
  • beachmom24
    beachmom24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Mark...Looks like we will be about a week apart on surgery...I agree, it has to be done for you! Good Luck:)
  • hirnsandy
    hirnsandy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sandy. I started my bariatric surgery adventure over 4 years ago with a Lap Band. My highest weight was 257#. I lost about 50# with my band but began to have trouble with vomiting. After about a year, I was eating only soft foods, chips, ice cream, etc... stuff that would stay down... and I began to gain back. After the past Christmas holidays I weighed 231#! I knew I needed something different.
    I went to another surgeon at my medical center and told him I wanted the band out and a sleeve done. He was very agreeable.
    I started my sleeve journey at 225#, had revision surgery on March 22, 2012 and today weighed 187#. I had my surgery at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu with Dr. Payne.
    So happy with my decision and my sleeve!
  • lilymorg
    lilymorg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My surgery was 6 and a half months ago in Richmond British Columia Canada. I have lost 101 lbs.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 year old wife and mother of an 8 year old daughter. I work full-time outside the home. I had VSG on November 9, 2011, after stuggling with my weight since the age of 9. I had tried just about every diet known to man (some twice). Several times I had lost large amounts of weight was unsuccessful at keeping it off and when it came back it brought more weight. My highest weight was 325 pounds (1 week pre-op). Since then I have lost 89 pounds. My surgeon was Dr. Van Wagner in St. Louis, MO.
  • luannek
    luannek Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this site as of this morning. My surgery was May 15, 2012. So I will be three weeks out tomorrow. I read about MFP on another site and thought I would check it out as I have been logging my food and exercise manually in an excel file!!! (I guess my age is showing.) Happy to be here and hoping to learn alot!
  • luannek
    luannek Posts: 5
    Options
    Guess I forgot to say.....Dr. Pesta with the St. John Providence Weight Loss Center in Madison Heights, Michigan performed my surgery.
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I had my surgery March 5, 2012. Since the surgery, I have lost 44 pounds! I lost 50 prior to surgery, so I am totaling 94 pounds since August 2nd. It has been a hard road for me, but well worth it!

I have been overweight almost my entire life...and have been on diet after diet since the age 14. I am 38 now and so happy I have found the right nutritionist for me and finally accepted the surgery. Unfortunately, I listened to others for so long, that it wasn't the right way to go. I can tell you now, that not only do I not agree with that, I am extremely thankful I did this.

Have a great day!
  • irishmama2004
    irishmama2004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on May 23, 2012. Everything is going great. Going to start mushies on Wednesday. Yay!
  • Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    Nice to see some more folks joining this board. Welcome!
  • Katiegirl713
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Katie and I had my sleeve gastrectomy on 4/6/12 so I'm 2 months out. I feel really great, very strong and healthier than I have in years. My weight loss is slow but steady. I have just joined the gym to start working out at the next level after many months of primarily walking and some resistance band work. I don't want to lose my momentum so early in the game - I really want to give this my all. I'm 56 and I live in Los Angeles. I have 3 young adult children and a wonderful grandson who is 9. I've lost 65 pounds counting pre-op weight loss with the Kaiser Options program. I'm about 1/2 way toward my goal weight and my body is definately changing for the better.