Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi...my name is Christina but everyone calls me CC. I had my surgery on 10/6/2012 with Dr. Kelly. I lost 13 pounds the first week post op but have been stalled ever since! Everyone feel free to add me...

I think I stalled about week 6 until 2 months and BOOM it started falling off. That may be due to adding a walking program into the mix as well. But that is how my body responded. It won't be the last stall either - sadly. They are common; the trick is learning what it takes to kick start your body again (everyone is different).

Good luck!!
  • AJarvis42306
    Options
    I had my surgery 8/20/2012, at St.Mary's in Liviona,Michigan & I have lost 52lbs as of today :) & I am already 14lbs away from my first goal of 200lbs :) check out my fb page, www.facebook.com/sleevedprincess & please come follow me on here, myfitnesspal :)
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had my surgery on October 26, 2012 @ Wise Regional in Decatur Texas with Dr. Stowers. I started my journey at 210 and have currently lost 25 lbs. I am very pleased with my weight loss but having a hard time getting my protein in. I would gladly take any pointers. Thanks! :)

Tasha
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Tasha,
    Really, it does get easier. I struggled the first month in getting in enough protien, anything over about 45g was difficult. Are you using any protien shakes? I use the individual pre-mixed Costco ones, which are 30g each, so I usually do 1/2 in the morning and then if I haven't reached my protein goal for the day, use the other half at night.

Also, what helped me was that I figured out that much of my issue was in trying to eat something solid like eggs or yogurt first thing... once I changed it to having the 1/2 shake as soon as I got up (around 6am) and then having "breakfast" of eggs or turkey or yogurt around 8:30am, it seemed easier throughout the day to up my protien.

Once you get to around 6-8 weeks, it is much easier.

Good luck!
    Jill
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to friend me...had my VSG done March 2012. I'm down 113 pounds so far. This site helps me to be accountable in seeing everything that I eat. Wishing you well on your own sucess!
  • KateClive
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Kate, and I live in Iowa. I am 37 yr old single mom to two. Just today, I received insurance approval for my sleeve! I haven't scheduled a surgery date, but I am thinking in February or March. Being a single mom, I have to make some arrangements for family to step in and help out for a while, and they need some notice! : )

I can't wait to get on with this journey and OFF the yo-yo train!

Please feel free to add me - I am looking for sleevy friends!
  • Slimderella77
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jessica. Scheduled for my VSG on 11-26-2012 @ DePaul in Bridgeton, MO with Dr. Morales. I am really quite full of emotions right now and am eager to get started on my weight loss journey! Starting weight is 244 pounds. I am hoping to get down to 145. :)
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    Hello.

My name is Tina. I started my medically supervised diet last month and have yet to get a surgery date. I am hoping that it'll be in February or March, as I have to lose 33 pounds before the surgeon will do the surgery. The surgery will be done by Dr. Gould at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, WI. Feel free to add me! :)

Tina
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have finished everything and just wating for Insurance to approve and get my date! Getting really excited, any help with shake receipes?
  • PamFitnessJourney
    Options
    Take it one day at a time!! I experienced a lot of nausea and went back for dehydration. Fluids are very important as are taking ur vitamins. And get ready for a lot of emotions!! I was happy and sad and mad and scared when I first got the surgery and the months following. My mind is still catching up with the weight loss. Its surreal at time. Good luck and let me know if u have any other questions!!

This is exactly what I am going through now. I am Almost 12 weeks out from my VSG. I have been going through the emotional rollercoaster in the past few weeks. I was revised from the lap-band to the vsg, and I have to admit that I was not nearly as emotional as I am with this surgery. I have heard that everything will even out soon. I like that the weight is coming off (again), but rapid weight loss is sometimes tough to deal with. You are right, OUR MINDS HAVE TO CATCH UP.
  • skinnyjenn10
    skinnyjenn10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve surgery on 12/6/12 and have lost 30 pounds as of today!!! This includes my preop diet that I started the week before my surgery. I am so happy I made this decision :-)
  • akin4goal
    Options
    My name is Becca. I'm scheduled for a revision from band to the sleeve on Jan. 15 with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. He placed my Lap band in 2004. I lost 80 lbs and kept it off until 2010 when my appendix ruptured. I became septic and they had to remove my band. Then a few months later I was in a car accident and hurt my back. Some epidural injections of steroids and 6 months of painkillers later, I gained back 75 lbs. It's been almost 2 years since my band was removed, and the weight is causing my back injury and feet to get worse. I had foot surgery last month and the recovery from that has convinced me that I have to do something soon, so I can feel like I'm really 37 not 80. My kids have missed me playing with them too! I'm excited to have a tool again so that once this weight comes off I can keep it off and hopefully relieve my pain! My starting weight is 230, I'm hoping o get down to 218 by Jan.15, and my goal weight is 145.
  • Butterflysecrets
    Options
    I had my VSG on November 14, 2012. I have lost 30 pounds so far. I am eating normal foods and feel like I can eat alot. I'm kind of worried about that. I had a slipped Lapband that was removed earlier this year.
  • Who_Dat75
    Options
    I had VSG in Oct and have lost 61lbs please feel free to add me. Anyone!
  • Singlekat67
    Options
    Hello, I am also awaiting insurance as well. I just finished my Psych Evaluation and spoke with the surgical coordinator today. My paperwork has been submitted for insurance approval..YIPPEE! So now I am just trying to get everything needed for after surgery and keep my mind right and on track.
  • Singlekat67
    Options
    Hi! I have finished everything and just wating for Insurance to approve and get my date! Getting really excited, any help with shake receipes?

I am right there with you on the waiting game. Maybe we will be surgery twins..lol.
  • hgcholly
    hgcholly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having surgery January 8, 2013, next week!! Doing the pre-op diet now and getting very excited!
  • Kimma34
    Kimma34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hoping to have VSG surgery in March, Right now getting all my ducks in a row!! I'm from Boston, MA...........

-Kim
  • scrapingd
    scrapingd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi there.. I am Dawnn, I was sleeved on Dec 13th 2012 through Dr terricina in newport news va. i have lost 31 pounds in 21 days... I am on the soft food phase of the diet
  • kkneezle
    kkneezle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    My name is Kenny and I had my vertical sleeve done on 11/30/2012 by Dr. Umbach is Las Vegas, NV. After one month (12/30/2012) I am down 48 pounds from 343 to 295 which is very encouraging. I am looking forward to being a part of this group and am thankful for your support!