5 minute cooldown walk
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today, although it's not my best decision. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. I usually run Monday, but hunting's gun season started this week, so my substitute baby wrangler is very busy this week and I have to squeeze in me time. Will let everyone know how it goes.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    day1 man my last 10 mins run i was dragging but i did it..
  • amberwebb79
    Options
    I did day one run on about 3 hours of sleep. I know, not the smartest idea, but I hadn't slept or run in two days, and I needed to do at least one of the two or I'd go crazy. Drug my sorry self most of the way, after my first 10 minutes running, but I didn't give up, finished it all. Not fast, just 5.2 running 4.0 walking speeds.

Day two will be tomorrow, assuming the hunter comes home for a lunch break/babysitting break.

My backside and my abs are a bit sore from circuit training yesterday before I ran.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    day2 woohoo i killed it this time i didn't have to slow down my speed
  • amberwebb79
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1 completely, and did week 3, days 2 & 3 at only 2/3rds of the workout due to illness. Not sure if I should do week 3 again, or move on to week 4.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    I did day one run on about 3 hours of sleep. I know, not the smartest idea, but I hadn't slept or run in two days, and I needed to do at least one of the two or I'd go crazy. Drug my sorry self most of the way, after my first 10 minutes running, but I didn't give up, finished it all. Not fast, just 5.2 running 4.0 walking speeds.

Day two will be tomorrow, assuming the hunter comes home for a lunch break/babysitting break.

My backside and my abs are a bit sore from circuit training yesterday before I ran.
    I would redo week3
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    week3 day 3 done woohoo!!
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Did Week 3 Day 1 today....it was super cold this morning so the first interval was all about getting warm and not feeling like I was too cold. Which made it somehow feel harder, I think. Second interval was better, third wasn't that bad either, truth be told. My overall pace was slower due to the longer duration but I'm pretty happy with my mileage...personal best of 4.68 miles. I started Couch 2 5K on Sept 12...if you would have told me just three months later I could run over 4.5 miles I would have thought you were nuts.

Feeling pretty awesome about it, actually.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well - keep it up!!

Got up and got ready to do Week 3 Day 1 this AM and it is pouring down rain.
    Hoping to get it in later when if the rain lets up.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Dang it - still raining...
    Hoping I get to get in my run SOMETIME before my mom gets here for Christmas.
  • aimsterct
    Options
    Did Day 2 on the treadmill this morning. I know that something is off on my treadmill....I think maybe it is stuck in an incline position. Because I can't for the life of me figure out why I did half a mile less on the treadmill but burned 50 MORE calories doing it on the treadmill. Felt harder too, but I know that is because I worry about the numbers and the time too much instead of just getting into the groove. Either way, I'm glad I got up and did it today.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 day two yesterday. At this point, I am running intervals only 1 day and it's the day I am running on the treadmill. My two outside runs, I just run for the whole time. I am still only running a little over 4 miles (4.3). Hoping to get over the 4.5 mark this weekend. Off to VT for the holiday. Will be running in Burlington, by the water. It will be cold. I am looking forward to it!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Well, this is my week 3, but I've already completed 3 10K's, the last in 59 mins, so I've decided to add distance as theoretically that should get my 10K time down even more. The theory certainly came up trumps for the 5K as along the way to my 59 min 10K I also logged a 5K PB of 29 mins.

All that said, this morning I decided to add one mile to the 10K, and chose a loop that was just over 7 miles. Bearing in mind my 'too far, too fast' faux pas of the past, I reduced the pace from my last 10K too. Good job I did, as (although I was able to run through it) I once again felt a slight knee twinge. Completed the distance non-stop though, and will try a few more 7's until my knee tells me I can step up again. There is certainly a pattern here, and it's a good job I slowed down and didn't add too much distance.

Later
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did w3 d1 today, what a lovely day to run!!

Clocked 5.7 miles, I want to aim for 6 by the end of w3, but not sure I'll have time to get anymore runs in before Christmas! :indifferent:

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    The weather here this week has sucked eggs and I haven't gotten out ONE SINGLE TIME to do my runs.
    Heavy sighs....
    Well, I knew I was going to have days like this after-all it IS winter.
    I have been doing plenty of movement and burning cals and trying to stay under on my diary.
    Increased my water intake this week as well.
    My left knee has been bothering me since my last push run so this extra time off hasn't hurt that at all.
    I still get twinges going down stairs but otherwise it doesn't hurt me.
    I have been doing my Tae Bo videos to help with my core work. This doesn't hurt me knee either.

My Mom comes for Christmas tomorrow so it is doubtful I will get in any running unless she feels like going to the Park one day. ( hoping )
    Planning to do Week 3 starting Tuesday next wk - 12/27

Everyone has been doing so well - KEEP IT UP!!!:happy:
  • aimsterct
    Options
    I've been away from home on vacation for Christmas. I had fully intended to finish my week 3 here in Florida but the cards were stacked against me. I developed some mysterious ankle pain after my Day 2 run on the day we left. I took ibuprofen and tried after we arrived but it was a horrible run....between the much warmer temperature and the difference of running on sand vs. pavement, it was an epic fail. My leg was killing and I stopped running only 7 minutes into the second interval. I sadly walked/ran the rest of the run...it was miserable.

I ended up working back up gradually with shorter runs while I was here....first a 2.3 miler, then a 2.7 and today a 3.3 miler...all good runs. And I got some inserts for my shoes which seem to have really helped...so I think it might be time for me to think about new shoes (I got these in Sept when I started C25K). Since I have a 5K on Saturday I decided to just worry about keeping up my stamina for that, and I will get back to B210K next week when I get back home.

Somehow, this running business never seems to get easier.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did Week 3 Day 1 while in Las Vegas over Christmas and was very pleased with how it went. I went out for another run on Christmas day but cut it short so I'm not counting that one. The run that really annoyed me was last nights. It felt great and I knew I was going faster than my normal pace, but I wasn't getting fatigued. And then stomach cramps hit! :angry: I had my new toy with me (iPod Nano with the Nike Fitness app on it) and when I got home I saw that my faster pace wasn't just my imagination! But anyway, I had to stop my run after just 3 miles because of the stomach issues. I guess the good news is that if I could do it once I can do it again. Looks like everyone is doing well. I think setbacks of one sort or another are going to be the norm for B210K. It's a whole different world from C25K! Spent a gift card on new running shoes today too! Christmas present from my husband!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Week 3 Final Day complete. Another non-stop 10K (fighting a cold, so I decided against another 7-miler)