Week 3

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Week 3 has treated my very well.

On day 2 on really changed up the intervals doing the 5 min warmup then did one 17 min run the the 1 min walk... the I increased the second interval to 20 minutes with 1 min walk after then the last interval took it to 25 minutes then did a 10 min cooldown. The toughest part about the runs so far has be the first 5 or 6 minutes and then the last mile my right leg tends to get sore. I always make sure I get in a good stretch before and after each run.

So on day 3 which was yesterday... I did the 5 minute warmup walk and then I just started running and running and stopped at 61 minutes then did a 10 minute cool down. I ran a total of 10.2 K when all was said and done. Yeeeessssss... WoooHoooo... I DID it.:drinker: I am sooo in Awe at what I have been able to achieve with the running. 3 weeks left to go. This B210K is a Super Program.
  • Doing well! W11D1 was my best run yet. I ended up going for 6.1 miles in a little over an hour. Today wasn't so great because I kept getting a stitch so I had to stop a couple of times. Paused the workout and just picked up where I left off.
  • Done with Week 3! My app borked out on me not even halfway through, ugh! Thankfully I had Nike+ going on in the background so it all worked out. Looking forward to week 4!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Well done!! :drinker:
    Happy running to you in week 4.

Will be going out and running a 5K for sure tomorrow. Might go as far as 10K. Going to be a beautiful day tomorrow.
  • I hope you got a nice run in! :) Probably more since you posted this.

Skipping Week 4 because it's only one additional minute and working on Week 5.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Finally got started with week 3 :happy: Ran 3 x 17 mins and walked for 2 x 1 min in between with the warm up/cool down either side. It went well. Had a lovely evening, so just couldn't resist getting out there even though I ran 45 mins yesterday. I don't normally run 2 days in a row but just couldn't resist getting out in the warm, sunny evening.

Soon be seeing you here mamakira and mrsmalcolm :smile:
  • anne2605
    Day 2 done today. Another lovely evening, so went for it.

Half way through my run, I was startled by a snake slithering out of the grassy edge across my path. I had to jump over it, it was quite a large snake. Please understand, living in Munich, Germany, coming across snakes is not a regular occurrence.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Day 2 done today. Another lovely evening, so went for it.

Half way through my run, I was startled by a snake slithering out of the grassy edge across my path. I had to jump over it, it was quite a large snake. Please understand, living in Munich, Germany, coming across snakes is not a regular occurrence.

A snake would freak me out. I am a big scaredy cat. I finally started week 3. I had been putting it off because I was a bit intimidated by the length of the runs. I never run early AM, but I was up this morning and with a hot and humid day ahead, I figured now or never. I had a really good run, my longest yet. I did three 18 minute runs with two 1 min walk breaks in between, 4.32 miles run, 4.87 with warm up/cool down walk. I am going to give the mornings a shot since it is going to be really hot for the next few days.
  • anne2605
    Well done mrsmalcolm. Sounds like you've found your perfect running time. No worries here in Munich about the weather being too hot to run. Summer seems to have forgotten to come to Munich.

Super excited for you to be doing the 8K run event too, you'll do great :smile:
  • TyFit08
    First my mom came to town to visit, now I'm not feeling too hot so I only ran once last week. I am trying to get myself together this week so I can finish week 3 and prep for this 8k. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Absolutely. Rest when you need to so you can run like you want to!
  • TyFit08
    Finally finished week 3. What a pain in my *kitten* this week has been. I did the day 1 with no problem, actually thought it wasn't a very challenging at all. I thought that would mean the rest of the week would be a breeze, no such luck. First a heatwave hit, with a real feel of 41 C/105F I had to take a few days off. Then when I tried on two attempts to do the run and hit a wall at the second interval. On the third try I did the run, and it was very slow. Today finished out week 3, it only took me two weeks. Now on to week 4.
  • anne2605
    Yay, well done for being persistent.
  • likitisplit
    Great job. I'm still 2 minutes under my splits from where I was in June. They say that we'll speed up again when it cools down.
  • TyFit08
    Yes I am looking forward to the fall
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    I did W3D1 this morning, which on my plan is a 2.5 mile run. It's cool here so when I hit the road at 6:00 am it was about 53 degrees... sorry everybody who is sweltering everywhere else. I had to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt. I started out listening to an audio book thinking that would distract me but it was a mistake - as I was getting close to my first big hill (Mondays I do a hilly route) I had to hit pause on my app so I could switch to my running playlist. In the end I was very happy with my time (31:10).
  • likitisplit
    Great job. I will fantasize about needing a long-sleeved t during my run this afternoon.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    W3D2 complete (2 mile run in 23:04). I'm enjoying my shift in mentality - "oh it's only 2 miles so I should be able to run faster." Two months ago the thought of running 2 miles at all was overwhelming. Run felt good. Saturday I tackle my first 4 mile run.

p.s. Able to wear short sleeves today!
  • likitisplit
    Just wait until one of the C25k buddies posts "should I carb load before a 5k?" and you think "Three miles??? Seriously? This is NOT a big deal."
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I started week 3 this morning, using the RunDouble 5 to 10k app. Today's run was 3 runs of 1.8 miles with a walk of 0.1 mile in between.

It wasn't pretty, but I did it!

Distance: 5.57 miles (+ 1.05 wu and cd)
    Running Pace: 11:53