Our Pets---and other animals

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Judy Hollie is a beautiful little fur baby. looking kind of sad here tho. She sure don't want to go home.
    Marie
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    6522406889_a541d717ce.jpg
    gizzy and sunset 035 by judz46, on Flickr

Does this one look like Daisy??
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,050 Member
    Options
    Pretty muich Judy except I have her clipped shorter, is this one yours?
  • judz46
    Options
    No, not mine Sandy although I would have loved him to follow me home, and the dog could've come too...:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:]

Judy

New Zealand
  • Sandydur
    Options
    No, not mine Sandy although I would have loved him to follow me home, and the dog could've come too...:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:]

Judy

New Zealand

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • judz46
    Options
    This is my pet deer whom I raised from 1 day old and her fawn...

6541351627_0d3eed281b.jpg
    002 by judz46, on Flickr

Ok - trying to scan photos but not going too great...better luck tomorrow....
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Reallly Judy?? Does she let you near her and her family? I am in awe.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Reallly Judy?? Does she let you near her and her family? I am in awe.

Sandy, when they are tame, they are just big babies! lol I remember going to the petting park, all kinds of 'wild' animals in protection there.. one deer followed me and nudged my elbow for popcorn and peanuts. The raccoons were in a large pen, and there was a tiny space for them to put their paws out to our fingers.. their paws were like hands, with little fingers, little wrinkles at the knuckles, so precious. The male deer can become aggressive at certain times of year, even if they are tame. The fawn was not ready to trust right away, so I guess they are born with some reserve, depending on how much human interaction they get from birth... I just love them all
  • judz46
    Options
    Sandy - i meant to say it was a pic of my pet deer...she has now passed on but we had her for 14 years. We got her when she was 1 day old and they are like babies - fed every 4 hours with a bottle and fretted badly if I wasn't around!! She followed me everwhere and used to love going for walks at night with the dogs. Her fawn was not so friendly - I guess because she was never handled.

These photos are also of the pets which we had for 14 yrs - the peacock {Henry) was sadly killed by dogs which was very hard to take - as it was deliberate. He looked quite spectacular strutting around my garden.

I always wanted to have a petting zoo where the kids from town could come out and feed a lamb or calf - a lot of them don't have any contact with animals, but it just never happened and never will now that we have moved to town.

As you can see, everthing lived in harmony...will have to find some pics of my chooks - we ended up with 50 in the end and they produced a tray of beautiful free range eggs a day.

The ginger cat I inherited from a friend who died and no one wanted this 15 yr old boy...He was so bossy and wouldn't let my cats inside so not an easy cat to like. He lived for another 2 years so he had a good life with us.

6544676799_0dee26abfc_z.jpg
    002 by judz46, on Flickr

Judy
    New Zealand
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just haven't been able to find the time to figure out how to get my photos to upload from Flickr to here. So I made an album of my pets on Flickr and made it public, Go here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jipsyjudy/sets/72157628518854039/
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I just haven't been able to find the time to figure out how to get my photos to upload from Flickr to here. So I made an album of my pets on Flickr and made it public, Go here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jipsyjudy/sets/72157628518854039/

They are beautiful pets pics! our cats may be twins!! we have a black one, and an orange one, among others lol!!

Judy, your photos are so bright and just as beautiful.. you are a good soul
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    jipsy
    your pets are adorable. Got you a tennis player and a ball catcher.
    Sammy has never play with a ball but he loves his toys. He knows each one by name. Thank you are sharing
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I agree Judy, your pets are beautiful. Isn't it great how we love our animal friends??
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    Judy, your pets are adorable.......I think you can add them to your post on MFP by clicking on "share" above the picture and copying and pasting the BB code to your MFP post
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA, and I'm guessing that you are Phoebe, you so are right about our animals being good for our souls. I sometimes take my dogs to a dog park in Sausalito CA. One day I sat down on a bench there next to a woman who looked to be in her 80s. I asked which dog was hers. She said, "Oh, I don't have a dog anymore. I live in the senior apartments up the street and can't have a dog now. But I walk over here and sit awhile and watch the dogs everyday, because they make me happy." Then she added, "It's better than meditation!"

Phoebe, you are a true gypsy. I just read your profile. The only thing I love more than being on the road watching the world go by is being on foot, or on a bike, or in a kayac watching it go by slowly. Safe travels!
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    Just to add a funny pet story, at the Sausalito dog park, the park committee keeps a supply of balls and tennis rackets in the park for lobbing balls for dogs to chase. The story of that picture of Plato with the tennis racket is that we had arrived at the park when only one dog and human were there. I was talking with the other human. Plato was impatient to get to chase balls, so he grabbed a racket and started running around us in circles, swinging it.
  • judz46
    Options
    Love seeing everyones animal pics..just a few of mine from when we were on a lifestyle block.

6555833471_9fdcfa0a7a.jpg
    001 by judz46, on Flickr
  • judz46
    Options
    6556057753_c3ed468fbd.jpg
    003 by judz46, on Flickr
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    cAwesome pictures!!!!!!!! :smooched:
  • judz46