Our Pets---and other animals

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Beautiful cats Judi. Sounds like all 3 couldn't have found a more loving home! My ginger boy Jasper is skitty too and has been from day one with me. That's over 8 years now so I don't think he will ever be a truly calm cat. When I went to see him with his sister at the cats protection foster home he stayed under a bed while Hebe got on top of a wardrobe and turned her back on me. I still adopted them and often remind Hebe of that behaviour when she fusses to get on my lap!!:laugh:
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    OK how are you gals getting the pictures by the links. i guess my mind is not tune in right.

Tell Me
    Marie
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ma. Just highlight the link and copy and paste it into your browser (google or whatever) hope this helps - actually it should just come up in your browser (where you do you search)...make sense??
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My neighbor took this picture, through the back window of her station wagon, of her terriers, Grady and Gringo, with my poodles, Sasha and Plato.

6768473605_15d9c41f2c.jpg
    Grady, Gringo, Plato, and Sasha by jipsyjudy
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Blueimp, Barbie explained the mystery of getting Flickr pictures to come up to me somewhere back a ways in this discussion. You go to the picture and click the "Share" link. Then you select "Grab the HTML/BBCode". But after that you have to click to circle to select BBCode, not HTML. Then you can copy the code that appears in the text box, paste it into your reply here, and post. Then, the picture comes up in your reply.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Amazing that I'm seeing this thread today. My beloved dog of 13 years, Kobie, died one month ago. I was looking for a t-shirt to wear to the gym today. I pulled one out and opened it up and a fluff of black Kobie fur was on it. I don't know how it got into the drawer or why it was still there after all of this time. Then I read the shirt - it has dogs and hearts across the front and says: "I woof you". Today's message from doggie heaven!
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks JipsyJudy, I'll give that a try next time.
    Kobiemom, I am so very sorry for your loss. Glad you got some pup-love from heaven today. It is hard to lose a fur-kid, especilly one you've had for a long time.
    Judi
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Judi, your cats are wonderful.......we have only one cat, but If I were in charge of life I'd have a dozen.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cry: kobiemom, I'm so sorry for your loss.....our beloved pets live in our hearts forever.

:bigsmile: jipsyjudy, I love the photo of the backseat full of dogs :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Jackie, I love the hen in the house and the cockeral on the window sill....I haven't had a feathered pet since I had a young rooster named Chicken who lived in my bathroom when I was nine years old (we gave him to a farmer when he learned to crow at dawn :laugh: )
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Barbie ~ Hopefully at the age of 9 you were told your rooster was going to the farm for a good time!!! Believe me, I've been tempted on several occasions to send Charlie to that chicken house in the sky via a farmer or otherwise!!! :laugh:

Kobiemom ~ That story is sad but lovely at the same time. Hang on to those lovely memories.

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Poor Charlie, Jackie. You know you would miss him. Tell how do you keep Charlie away from all of your lovly hens.?

good morning to you. Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    Judi did this for you...........

I have three cats presently living with me and I'll try and get pictures up later. All three are rescues: Shadow (a dilute tortie) is nearly 12, I took her in as a foster when her family returned her and another cat to a rescue with which I work; she came with the name and I didn't change it. Ginger (Ginny) is a five-year old ginger/red-orange tabby girl the same rescue got from a kill-shelter down-state; she is named for her color. Weasley (in the ticker and profile) is also a ginger/less-red-orange tabby boy who is almost five. I wanted to call him Ginger, but in this country he'd have to go by Prince Harry because people here don't usually understand the color reference! Since he's a red-head and I'm a Harry Potter fan, I called him Weasley (for the family) and, really, he's much more of a Weasley than he'd ever have been a Ginger. All three are in-door cats.
    Thank you for starting this thread. It is such fun to see all the pictures. The Afgan Hounds are georgous as are the Poodles.
    Judi

6776706155_0fefbf867c.jpg
    Ginger by Sandydur, on Flickr

6776706061_43c03a9a0e.jpg
    Shadow by Sandydur, on Flickr

6776705965_5c81ba2824.jpg
    Weasley by Sandydur, on Flickr
  • judz46
    Options
    sYdh0.jpg

This is Cairo - only 14 weeks old and weighing about 45 lbs....I'm babysitting her for the weekend so hope she behaves....

Judy from new Zealand
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poor Cairo, she wants to come in and sleep on the couch and play with the cats :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • judz46
    Options
    Yes Barbie -I agree and I love how you put a different spin on things but I was given strict instructions on not letting her inside - they said they will know whether I've let her come inside ......as you say...life isn't fair. Maybe she won't tell on me?????? She really is beautiful.

Judy from New Zealand
  • judz46
    Options
    9nokb.jpg

Ok - quite enjoying it here on MY sun lounger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Judy Cario is only 14 weeks old at 45 lbs. how big will she get. . She is a lovely dog.

Marie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Marie ~ Just now catching up in the Our Pets section and read your question about Charlie and the hens. Well on the whole he's too busy shouting at the world and pretending to show his chooks food he thinks he's found for them that he forgets he's supposed to be performing. He does occasionally try to climb on Millie's back but she is 4 times his size and he slips down and off her tail as if he's on a kids slide!:laugh: Whenever any of the smaller bantams get broody I give them a china egg and keep taking the real ones away until they give up which sometimes takes weeks!

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i thought this guy was so cute

6814683911_5ba9d39c61.jpg
    Mandy dogies by rieriecat, on Flickr
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    jackie..... poor charlie......... how about you bees. What do they do in the winter time?
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Marie ~ My bees snuggle up together to keep warm and don't venture out of their hives unless it's dry and mild. The queen bee stays in the middle of the group so she's safe because without her at this time of year they'd all die. Before our cold weather from Siberia this week they were flying out on to a Mahonia bush that has lots of scented flowers for them to collect nectar so I know they are alright. I mix up sugar candy much like icing fondant and leave a lump of it at the top of the hive for them to eat just in case the weather is so bad they can't get out. I will be making more tomorrow because it's still cold and now wet too.

Jackie