Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kate, I needs me drinkin' money....will work for boooooooze

Teehee!!!

So I am sitting at work, its 940am and I am already thinking about what to drink tonight...ISSUES, yeah I got them!!!!! :huh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, that really is important...btw, I'm already thinking about going out tonight and indulging. Oh, the possibilities are endless :love:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Well, that really is important...btw, I'm already thinking about going out tonight and indulging. Oh, the possibilities are endless :love:

I have the same craving...I wanna go out and eat a delicious fatty burger and drink beers!!!!!!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    One small glass of pinot grigio last night for dinner.

M, T, W=0
    Th=1
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, funny I am having the red beef craving too...LOL

Amy, crumples under the grigio pressure...did hubs join you?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I really have to stop thinking about it or it will ruin my day (calorie-wise)! I mean, I am making cubans for dinner, which are super tasty (I hope...winging the recipe)...maybe I'll stop for some beers on the way home and semi-behave!!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. Regardless of what happened yesterday, the earlier part of this week proved to me once again that weight loss is definitely possible if I wouldn't be such a raging alcoholic!

P.S. I may change my username to Papa Lush. Is that like Papa Smurf? Should everyone on here have a name ending in Lush? I mean, If I wasn't Papa Lush, would I be Surly Lush?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Dave, I love it...PapaLush is perfect...you are, afterall, the founding father and deserve the title
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Glad you're ok Dave...so sorry about your car.

And I'm fine with SoCalLush. Or SydneytheLush. It all fits :)

Passed out last night from too much sun and swimming yesterday..so didn't drink much. That's a change! Usually passing out from too much vodka! :drinker:
    I logged wine, and didn't even drink it!
    Tonight, I more than will make up for my lack of drinking, I'm sure.

Happy weekend everyone
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday monday tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=2 drinks
    Thursday=0 drinks
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Glad you're okay Papa Lush!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

Today, champagne with Mom & Gram, every time we get together now it's like a mini engagement party haha. Anywho, I was woken up by phone out of a deep sleep about 20 minutes before my alarm was about to go off. When that happens I cannot spring out of bed because I'm so damn sleepy when I wake up from a deep sleep. So I stayed in bed for a bit and then got up. I weighed in and I've lost 4.4 lbs in these first 3 weeks of this round of P90X :smile: So with that motivation and the help of good rock music, even on an empty stomach, I went into and finished P90X Legs and Back like a beast :devil: SO, ready for this day!

Cheers all, have a wonderful weekend :drinker:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Has anyone in this topic ever have hypnosis done? For anything?? Did it work? I'm thinking of doing it for stress, and throw in "lose more weight" too. Thanks!

My husband and I are doing hypnosis right now. He did it for smoking and he quit after the first session. I am doing if for some compulsive disorders like nail biting and picking and it is a much slower process but I am seeing some improvement. I like it for destressing and for getting to sleep. It really is helping me sleep. Our programs were expensive but I think it is worth the investment.

Thanks RJ for your response! Wonderful your hubby quit, that is amazing. I will be smoke free for 1 YEAR on Feb. 11th. Doc put me on Wellbutrin and it work very well, although not overnight like hypnosis. That is so exciting! I'm glad you are having progress. I think I am more in line with what you are treating. I need those negative thoughts turned off, they've been there for years and years. The program I found is $259 for 4 sessions. I'm hoping that will do. I will start next week.

I did have acupuncture to quit smoking about 8 years ago. It worked immediately that day. 3 weeks later I had a very stressful situation and broke. I should have went back for a follow up treatment, like they had offered. But it was amazing to me. I expect hypnosis to work for me as I am very open to it, and finally doing it. I'll let you know how it goes RJ, and "wolf" Diana.
    I am ready!!!

Everybody have a great weekend!! :drinker:
    PS Glad you are okay Papa Lush!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Yes, Papa, so glad you are okay!!

Hubs did not succumb to the pressure, peer or other, I'm proud of him! Tonight will be the test. I'm making a kick *kitten* dinner though, so hopefully that will fill the time that we usually spend drinking.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a ton. Sadly.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I've been drinking a ton. Sadly.

me too!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Eff it. We're drinking. Should be minor, though.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yep, I've got it goin' on as well....cheers!!
  • surlydave
    Options
    Last night.... SO LUSHY!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Yes very lushy evening for us last night!!! We had 4 "margarita" shots.....1.5oz of tequila, 1oz of triple sec and 1oz of fresh lime juice....so delicious! THEN I just continued to pour wine in my glass...no measuring last night!!
    I'm feeling it a bit today but sweated some out at the gym this morning!

We are going to my in laws tonight, I bought some beers (3 biggies) and probably have some wine. Not really gonna count booze today, but I'll definitely watch my food intake!!!!
  • surlydave
    Options

We are going to my in laws tonight, I bought some beers (3 biggies) and probably have some wine. Not really gonna count booze today, but I'll definitely watch my food intake!!!!

Visiting the in-laws is just as good of an excuse to drink as nearly getting killed by a truck. I decided.