Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to tell everyone my liquor store story.

So, I dropped my daughter off at a restaurant that she wanted to apply at. I went to the liquor store where they sell my 3 Olive Pom vodka. While I was there, she came into the liquor store to get me. I go to checkout and pay and they guy asks for my ID. I give him the ID and tell me that I am 45 (like really??? It's a Monday afternoon) . He says, "OH WOW, is that your daughter?" He thought that we were friends. Moral of the story: I need to hang out with her more :laugh:

Kim, I don't doubt it.....I assume that is the two of you in your pic.....definitely look super hot and young for your age xoxo
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday= 2 vodka soda, 2 beers
    Saturday=1 screwdriver, 1 glass white
    Sunday=1 beer

Not sure if I will do any drinking tonight, not working out so I might, but there will be drinking on Wed and Thurs, Dexter watching and mexican with margs-of course.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    JustDot - so sorry to hear of your loss!

Blew it out this weekend - it was my Birthday - so Birthday over and trying to be good all week! I got 5 bottles of wine on Saturday, oh my! But I drank half a bottle of 1800 Margaritas and half a bottle of Tequila Rose Strawberry Cream...YUMMY!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dot-So sorry about your Grandma :(

Lots-o-drinking Friday night. Zero on Sat cuz I was so hung over. :huh:
    0- Last night as well.

The husband is skiing in Park City all week. While it would be nice to join him for a vacay..the idea of being able to cook/plan meals just for myself, or perhaps just drink my meals...absolutely thrills me. I don't think I'm supposed to be this excited when my partner goes away for a week. :ohwell:

Hope everyone else has a good week as well. Oh, and where the hell did January go?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to tell everyone my liquor store story.

So, I dropped my daughter off at a restaurant that she wanted to apply at. I went to the liquor store where they sell my 3 Olive Pom vodka. While I was there, she came into the liquor store to get me. I go to checkout and pay and they guy asks for my ID. I give him the ID and tell me that I am 45 (like really??? It's a Monday afternoon) . He says, "OH WOW, is that your daughter?" He thought that we were friends. Moral of the story: I need to hang out with her more :laugh:

Kim, I don't doubt it.....I assume that is the two of you in your pic.....definitely look super hot and young for your age xoxo

Nope, the girl in the pic is my BFF, she's 44...thanks for the complement!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Krisco....well, it was your birthday, right? It's expected.

SoCal...sounds perfect to me!

So, I have to crack open a dark beer to use with my recipe tonight and I'm thinking, what should I do with the rest? :blushing: Yep, log it.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Krisco....well, it was your birthday, right? It's expected.

SoCal...sounds perfect to me!

So, I have to crack open a dark beer to use with my recipe tonight and I'm thinking, what should I do with the rest? :blushing: Yep, log it.

DUH!!!!!

Oh and you and your GF are hotties, seriously!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Definite hotties!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Awww, thanks girls :blushing:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I was successful last night zero drinks and plan nothing for tonight. No wine in the house=successful nights of no drinking....sad that's the only way I don't drink :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, I forgot to drink the 1/2 bottle of beer left after making the pattymelt gravy. I feel ashamed. :blushing: What kind of lush have I become?

Yes, an empty house of liquor does help in the sobriety department.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kate, I forgot to drink the 1/2 bottle of beer left after making the pattymelt gravy. I feel ashamed. :blushing: What kind of lush have I become?

Yes, an empty house of liquor does help in the sobriety department.

KIM, I'm appalled, hahaha!!! Tease!!! :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I know, Kate, I know....I hang my head in shame

But, time to regroup....Groupon has wine infused whip cream...it's peaked my interest I'll have to say

http://www.groupon.com/deals/val-gg-whipsy-party-pack?p=5
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    holding lushily steady with vodka rocks last night.

Kim you should be soundly whipped for the blatant alcohol abuse. :laugh:

I am not sure what it would be like to not have any alcohol in the house. That would just be so strange.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    holding lushily steady with vodka rocks last night.

Kim you should be soundly whipped for the blatant alcohol abuse. :laugh:

I am not sure what it would be like to not have any alcohol in the house. That would just be so strange.

We have PLENTY of hard stuff in the house ALWAYS...that would be weird!!!! Luckily I can stay away from it until thursday or friday!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just drank for no reason last night, had two beers and they were good. I am done being good, it got me no where. I was on 8 weeks of the Jamie Eason livefit trainer, working out 6 days a week, eating well and limiting alcohol and I just looked at my before and after pics and there is no difference. I will keep working out til Mexico Feb. 18 but only 5 days per week and drinking whenever I feel like it...
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just drank for no reason last night, had two beers and they were good. I am done being good, it got me no where. I was on 8 weeks of the Jamie Eason livefit trainer, working out 6 days a week, eating well and limiting alcohol and I just looked at my before and after pics and there is no difference. I will keep working out til Mexico Feb. 18 but only 5 days per week and drinking whenever I feel like it...

I really hate to hear stories like this, but I can understand your frustration.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Had some cinnamon whiskey and a few hours after, yesterday.

Probably won't be having any tonight but we'll see. Not sure if holding off on the booze during the week had had anything to do with the scale going down so much as just reducing calories but I'd like to keep the scale going in the downwards direction. On that note, I should go work out, it's my "rest" week so it's just a week of cardio this week, next week starts month 2!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Logged in my hour on the bike and I'm not hungry for any dinner so I'm having a glass of red. Didn't measure but also didn't fill the glass, there was about a glass and a half left in a bottle my friend gave me for Christmas. Thinking I'll do a double bike ride tomorrow after missing yesterday.

On a mental health note, I think I'm going to start talking to a shrink. I've got a really hard time talking to friends and family without feeling like a huge burden. So my solution is to just keep it all inside and ooof course, at certain times I definitely attempt to just drink and forget it all which lands me falling asleep in the bathroom or doing stupid things that a 26 year old shouldn't be doing. Have to admit that it makes me feel a little weak admitting that I need to talk to someone but I do think it'll help and I'm hoping it'll be easier talking to someone who isn't a friend or family member. I think this will also help with the times that I'm feeling down and end up drinking too much because it's definitely not a situation where I feel I NEED alcohol and each time I have drinks it's different. Sometimes I'm fine just having a few glasses or having a bottle or 2 with the boyfriend and remembering everything about the night and having a really good time and then there are the times I drink too much and think about crap and then just go "oh well" and continue drinking to the point where I don't remember things and yada yada yada. My friend got the name of someone so we'll see what happens!

End of online therapy session, my apologies. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday =]
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking wine out of a pint glass. I still need to pack for the funeral and I have to make the 45 minute drive to my parents' house at some point. I probably shouldn't refill the glass.

I love 3 Olives Pom, and it's damn near impossible to find. I'm going to be hanging out with family this weekend, so I'll probably be drinking a *kitten* ton.