Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options

We are going to my in laws tonight, I bought some beers (3 biggies) and probably have some wine. Not really gonna count booze today, but I'll definitely watch my food intake!!!!

Visiting the in-laws is just as good of an excuse to drink as nearly getting killed by a truck. I decided.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

We are going to my in laws tonight, I bought some beers (3 biggies) and probably have some wine. Not really gonna count booze today, but I'll definitely watch my food intake!!!!

Visiting the in-laws is just as good of an excuse to drink as nearly getting killed by a truck. I decided.

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    The parents are fine...its the five screaming kids that force me to drink :wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 4 Sam Adams Winter Lager
    Friday, 1/2 bottle of wine, glass of pinor noir, 6 flight of wine and a beer when I got home

Total: 11ish

I'll be a working girl tonight & tomorrow so no drinks.

Went to the ENT yesterday for the ear blockage. i had to take a hearing test in a booth with wierd noises around me. Good thing,, I'm not schizo. They gave me a nasal spray and have to stay on the prednisone. If iit doesn't clear up in 2 weeks, I have to get it lanced. Good grief!!

Have a lushy night all.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh god Kim!!! That SUCKS!!! Hopefully, it will clear up!!! :heart:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, Kate...I totally am making those shots.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bottle of red last night. I am sure I will drink tonight and it will be a bad food weekend. My son is a corporate trainer for Buca's and he got to fly up here to train the people at the Buca's closet to me. So we will probably go there tonight to watch him in action (he is also an amazing bartender) and then we will probably take him out someplace special on Sunday. We haven';t seen him since our wedding. 2.5 years ago. I am very excited.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - like 6 beers.....
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My grandma passed away today, so I'm debating whether to drink a bunch of wine, or take a Xanax and go to bed. *sigh*
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My grandma passed away today, so I'm debating whether to drink a bunch of wine, or take a Xanax and go to bed. *sigh*

Sorry for your loss :frown:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, enjoy your son...it sounds like a wonderful weekend planned....

Amy, I hope you had the glass of wine and enjoyed some fond memories of Grandma...she would have liked that.

Saturday, 0 drinkds, worked last night....first day back in nearly a month....turns out, nurses with one ear can still funcion pretty good.
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total for the week: 11ish

One week at a time.....
  • rjadams
    Options

Sorry to hear of your loss. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better. revel in the memories. :flowerforyou:
  • zippo32
    Options
    You have my sympathy and prayers for your loss.
  • rjadams
    Options
    grape martinis. OMG "two" which is really four since they bring you the shaker to refill your glass. soo tasty and I am so pleasantly happy buzzed right now. I chose salad as my side with my cheesy burger instead of fries so I count that as a win. :happy:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your loss Dot, keep your head up. I lost my Gramp it'll be 10 yearns ago this June. He and my Gram basically raised me so we were always really close. The one thing I did know if I ever got married was I wanted him to walk me down, so planning right now gets a little sad but usually the tears are happy tears thinking of all the great memories I have of him =] We're all here for you :heart:

Lushy Friday and Saturday for me. Saturday was amazing though, we hung out with the fiancés roommate from college, his wife their new baby girl Giuliana and our friend Steve. Katie, made dinner and we all had some drinks and just had a nice grown up night. It was exactly the kind of Saturday I enjoy and need these days. I can't be around the child adults anymore who still live at home and don't at all act their grown up age. The fiancé and I agreed we need to hang out with more couples like us who just like to stay at home, have some drinks and enjoy each others company. I am currently having wine and catching up on magazines while the fiancé plays his video game.

We met with the wedding planner today and it would seem that we are doing well with our planning and that we're in good shape so far. We went over decoration ideas and other details and got some questions answered so it was productive. I'm getting even more excited and I can't wait for the food tasting in March!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am maintaining my moderately lushy ways. the grape martinis at lunch yesterday and a couple of crown and sprite zeros before bed. Maybe a 0 today. that would be something new.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ahhhhh, new week and I have to figure some lushy goals.....

Mama Lush, you'll figure it out when you get home
    Kat, keep rockin' the wedding plans

I have a physical with labs on Wednesday. I will try to be lush-free and fool the doc.

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, ???
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sun - 5 beers and a shot of root beer schnapps.......goodness!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Saturday-5 beers, 2 glass of wine and 1 vodka/triple sec/sprite zero cocktail
    Sunday-3 glass of wine
    Monday-Wednesday-ZERO....gonna try real hard to make this happen. I have no wine in the house and don't plan on buying any until thursday!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to tell everyone my liquor store story.

So, I dropped my daughter off at a restaurant that she wanted to apply at. I went to the liquor store where they sell my 3 Olive Pom vodka. While I was there, she came into the liquor store to get me. I go to checkout and pay and they guy asks for my ID. I give him the ID and tell me that I am 45 (like really??? It's a Monday afternoon) . He says, "OH WOW, is that your daughter?" He thought that we were friends. Moral of the story: I need to hang out with her more :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-Wednesday-ZERO....gonna try real hard to make this happen. I have no wine in the house and don't plan on buying any until thursday!!

I'm with ya....I wasn't going to drink last night, but I wanted to finish up my box of wine I had. Now I have wine in the house but nothing open. I'm going to shoot for no drinks until Friday.....realistically I would be happy with nothing Monday- Wednesday :)