Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For dinner, I'm trying the texas chili recipe at Linda's Low Carb. I'm adding some additional veggies and one can of kidney beans, and will probably cut back on the spices so my husband doesn't catch on fire :)
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Chicken Alfredo with zucchini "noodles" and a side of spring mix tossed with olive oil, romano pecorino and a grilled portabella mushroom.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Saturday 9/1/12 (WOW, September already..ugh!)

Chicken tenderloins sauteed with onion, garlic, oregano, sea salt and black pepper
    Spiral cut zucchini and summer squash, fresh spinach and served with a fresh-made tomato-pesto sauce... shredded parmesan on top....

mmmmmmmmm
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've blown my carb limit out a bit today with some roast beef, gravy and roast potatoes followed by a pile of strawberries and cream with some Lindt dark coconut-infused chocolate :)

I can justify this by reporting that my post-lunch badminton and volleyball exploits surely negated any ill effects.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Coffee and cream to start, a pile of spicy bacon, spinach and salad for dinner and some homemade meatloaf (without breadcrumbs but with a honey/vinegar/tomato glaze) with a dollop of garlicy mashed (non-sweet) potato (made with milk and butter) for lunch.

It's been ages since I had mash ... lovely.

68g of total carbohydrate for the day, not exactly a blow-out but still high for me.

Note To Self - Beware Carb Creep. ;)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - bacon, colby jack, and guacamole filled omelette
    Lunch - pork tenderloin with a chipotle type rub & sauteed zucchini
    Dinner - sirloin tips with mushrooms in a cream sauce and some green beans par-steamed and hten sauteed with bacon and onions. Yum :)

Probably a little sugar-free chocolate toffee (Love Russell Stovers, its high in calorie, but so good!).
  • cramernh
    Options
    Labor Day:

B: Deviled eggs (3 whole)... damnit they hit the spot! LOL!
    L: Fresh tomato-garden vegetable soup w/Tequila-lime smoked chicken breast
    D: Beer-brats with a sautee of cabbage, carrots and butter... grainy mustard on the side for dipping.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    The usual spicy bacon/spinach/salad thing around lunchtime, don't spare the fat and lick the bowl ;)

Dinner will be stir-fry lamb with peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach and much leafy green on the side.

I'm pretty boring but I can't argue with the results :)
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Homemade - Grilled Salmon With Teriyaki
    Grilled Portabella Mushroom
    Artichoke
    Only 20 grams of Carbs! It was so good!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I had the usual spicy bacon thing around midday but followed it with some low carb 'Pork Krackle' snack things, full of preservatives and vegetable oil.

Mistake, did not sit well with my stomach, will stick to real food.

Organic roast chicken and much salad for dinner, plenty of fatty skin :)

12g of net carbs today ... low ...
  • cramernh
    Options
    Greek-themed dinner for tonight!

Made a fresh batch of Tzaziki
    Chicken seasoned well with olive oil, fresh oregano, sea salt, gahhhhhlic, will fix up a vegetable sautee of red peppers, onions and white mushrooms, and Im gonna venture with a small serving of sweet potato, boiled and smothered in butter and gahhhhhlic... I cant freakin' WAIT!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Lunch: Big salad with lots of tikka marinated spicy chicken breast.

Dinner: Bratwurst (x2) with steamed broccoli & my new favourite- creamy mashed swede (Rutabaga). I boil the swede chunks until tender, drain well, season with salt, pepper & nutmeg and add butter and a dash of cream. Mash well then transfer into an ovenproof dish. Top with cheese & bake until golden (about 10 mins).

Of course... it doesnt need baking with cheese.... it just tastes awesome!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    1) Spicy Bacon/Cheese/Spinach concoction over some leafy greens.

2) My frittata debut ... Serves 6 ish ;)

1) Mix 12 eggs and 3/4 Cup of heavy cream together.
    2) Peel and chop 2 sweet potatoes, lob in water and microwave for 4 minutes on full
    3) Fry up some onion, mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn (I normally avoid corn but I'm heading for maintenance so ...)
    4) Chuck potatoes in baking dish, cover with oniony thing (and, in my case, some cooked up sausages) and eggs/cream mix
    5) Top with cheese
    6) Bake until set and golden
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I made some awesome chicken soup. I boiled chicken leg quarters with salt , white pepper & parsley (you could use what you like). When done I scooped a bowl half full of the broth. I broke one egg in it & stir lightly. I put it in the microwave & took it out a couple of times & stirred to break up the egg. I cooked it less than two minutes . I added some of the chicken for my version of egg drop soup. You could add a few slices of mushrooms or carrots but I was trying to not add any carbs. Should be less than 100 calories & no carbs.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Lunch: Big chicken salad with red onion & beetroot vinaigrette.

Dinner: "Moussakopita"

This is half moussaka, half spanokopita (spinach & filo 'pie'). I have successfully made both of these low carb before- now I'm making their love child!!

I have never heard of this being done before- so the proof will be in the eating. The plan is to do the bottom layer with the 'moussaka' (braised minced/ground lamb with stock, tomato puree, oregano, garlic, leeks, cinnamon and a touch of red wine) topped with the 'spanokopita' layer (thawed frozen spinach mixed with eggs, feta cheese, dill, pepper, nutmeg, touch of cream, parmesan, green onions) and baked in the oven, topped with more cheese!!

I'll let you know how it turns out :o)
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I picked all the tomatoes yesterday.
    I made pizza sauce from the ripe ones and turned that into Portobello Pizza's

But I still have a bunch of green ones left. So Fried Green Tomatoes are on the menu for tonight.

Going to bread them in some egg wash and CarbQuick/Coconut flower and mix in one of my spicy herb rubs for seasoning.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Last night was:

grass fed rib-eye steak

bacon wrapped shrimp

broccoli steamed then sauteed in butter & garlic

ahhhhhhh...... ghoooood!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I've been spectacularly boring for the last week ... coffee with heavy cream, spicy bacon, eggs, leafy greens (some home-grown too, extra points), steak, tuna, some cheese (trying to moderate this) ... a foray into a portion of chip shop chips for the hell of it on Saturday and hang the calories.

Daily ice cream too, love letting that melt in my mouth after a non-sweet day.

Caloric excess daily, not mental, just not bothering 'try' to get under it if I fancy something. Trying to decouple myself from the whole calorie thing to be honest and get ready to stop logging. I know what works for me, time to let the whole logging thing go.

Zero exercise apart from my trademark dog-impressing push-ups occasionally in an attempt to preserve some lean muscle mass.

To be honest progress seems just as good, if not better, than ever, seeing muscles only previously seen after my Nicotine and Scotch plan of many years back, I prefer this way.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    B--homemade sugar free beef jerky
    Snack--Chai tea, brewed with loose tea, some half and half, and torani sf vanilla syrup
    L--Leftovers~Ground turkey stir fry with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, and green beans
    D--Ham and swiss on Ezekiel bread (20 net carbs for two slices), tomato and cuke with ranch
    Snack--Fat Bomb
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Coffee and heavy cream.

Leftovers - 2 chicken drumsticks marinated in home-made honey, dijon and wholegrain mustard sauce.

A couple of cans of spicy tuna with some red onion.

Some plain Greek Yoghurt (trying to help my gut health out a bit).

And I'll finish the day with some spicy bacon worship over some leafy greens. I'll force myself to hold the cheese because I just don't think it works for me and I was reading that it can be uniquely fattening independent of calories ... more to investigate ...