Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch : chicken taco soup: chopped chicken, vegetable broth, can of stewed tomatoes, scallions, red bell pepper, mushrooms, celery, yellow squash and zucchini, and a couple small baby potatoes, lots of cumin and chili powder, some red pepper flakes for spice and some raw chopped cilantro. It was kind of a "clean the fridge" soup
    Dinner: steak and roasted broccoli. I've been in a big steak mood lately
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    breakfast: 1/2 cup of full fat greek yogurt and 100 calories of raw almonds.
    lunch: half of a mock cornbread muffin, 3 smoked salmon pinwheels, 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice of bacon (and a patridge in a pear tree)
    dinner: homemade ramen with shirataki noodles, shrimp, spinach and green onions :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Meal 1: Atkins Mocha Shake
    Meal 2: 1/2 serving of leftover chicken curry, chicken caesar salad
    Meal 3: BLT salad with blue cheese and avocado
    Snack: Protein Shake
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch : leftover chicken taco soup
    Dinner : a big old honkin NY strip steak and the veggie I'm not sure yet but I'm leaning towards cabbage or green beans...both cooked with bacon
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A ridiculous amount of spiced-up bacon combined with salad today.

And coffee and cream.

I was out of creative ideas and just stuck with what I knew would work :)

I'll admit to my usual couple of spoonfuls of ice cream to end the day. Not logged, not important. ;)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Choc & nut energy balls x2, black coffee.

Lunch: Chicken breast, crispy bacon, lettuce, cucumbers, blue cheese dressing.

Dinner: Macadamia & Coconut crusted chicken nuggets (I've posted the recipe in the forum) with spiced turnip fries, buttered green beans and spicy mayo.

I cannot wait for dinner!!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Usual breakfast plus 2 breakfast sausage links
    Lunch: salad with a huge chunk of seared ahi tuna, homemade dressing of olive oil, coconut aminos, pomegranate vinegar and fresh ground wasabi (seriously, if anyone has a nearby Asian market -- go get fresh wasabi! It's so much better... Especially since the stuff in the tube is just green dyed horseradish and who know what else)
    Dinner: didn't have my steak last night (had a big pasilla pepper stuffed with ground beef) so I'm having that tonight with grilled zucchini
  • maremare312
    Options
    Meal 1: Turkey bacon, egg, Tillamook cheddar on Oopsie rolls

Snack 1 : summer sausage, 1/2 cup watermelon made into popsicles

Meal 2: homemade mushroom soup with sour cream

Meal 3: chicken, salad with a few croutons!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Most of my day will be spent at a predictably carb-heavy birthday do.

Which I will sail through happily passing up the numerous "treats" all the while feasting on my body fat.

A big meat-heavy dinner in the offing, I suspect.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I have faced-down the predictable range of sandwiches, quiches, cakes and sugary drinks and survived on coffee and heavy cream and the only foodstuff vaguely healthy ... strawberries. In retrospect I should have taken some jerky but it wasn't a big deal to wait.

I made an exception for the birthday cake, it would be rude not to, but the combination of chocolate icing on a chocolate sponge covered by Cadbury's milk chocolate squares and M&Ms (really) did not sit well with me and I didn't get close to finishing it.

I gave it plenty of time for the blood sugar (and insulin) to get down somewhere near normal before I restored sanity with a pile of spicy bacon, spinach and salad.
  • maremare312
    Options
    I have faced-down the predictable range of sandwiches, quiches, cakes and sugary drinks and survived on coffee and heavy cream and the only foodstuff vaguely healthy ... strawberries. In retrospect I should have taken some jerky but it wasn't a big deal to wait.

I made an exception for the birthday cake, it would be rude not to, but the combination of chocolate icing on a chocolate sponge covered by Cadbury's milk chocolate squares and M&Ms (really) did not sit well with me and I didn't get close to finishing it.

I gave it plenty of time for the blood sugar (and insulin) to get down somewhere near normal before I restored sanity with a pile of spicy bacon, spinach and salad.

Could you eat quiche without the crust? That cake does sound a bit much!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Could you eat quiche without the crust? That cake does sound a bit much!

Yeh, I could have had some quiche without the crust (mini-quiches though, fiddly) and picked some stuff out of sandwiches but to be honest it just wasn't worth it and I wasn't that hungry :)

And I can still taste the cake ... yew.

Today will be happily back on track ... Coffee and cream to start, a pile of spicy bacon, spinach and salad for lunch and something meaty and salad for dinner.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Brunch: 2 slices nitrate free bacon, 2 sausages, a slice of proscuitto and 3 slices of copa fried in the bacon fat until crispy, a small avocado (about the size of one of those clementine oranges) and some homemade pickled green beans. So much food but so yummy and kept me full until almost dinner time.
    Dinner: tuna (ahi and yellowtail), salmon and avocado wrapped in cucumber (no rice) with a sauce made of vinegar and whole grain mustard, spicy tuna hand rolls (again, no rice), half a sashimi sampler (tuna, salmon, whitefish)
    snack: sweet potato chips fried in coconut oil with guacamole
  • maremare312
    Options
    B--Salad, chicken, beef, turkey. Went to the buffet and ate my meat and salad and was happy!
    D--Chicken and veggies fajita style, on top of salad with cheese and ranch or sour cream, hot sauce.
    Snacks--lc pb chocolate fudge, cajun almonds, cucumber
  • maremare312
    Options
    B--1/3 of taco omelet...pic posted in pic thread, side salad with ranch
    L--leftover taco omelet?
    D--Ditto?
    Snacks--cucumber, lc peanut butter fudge
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/27
    Dinner....

Homemade Japanese!

Gingered beef, stirfry of mushrooms and broccoli

Homemade Ponzu sauce...

A 13 net carb dinner!!!! (16 total carb)
  • maremare312
    Options
    B--Leftover Salsa Chicken
    L--Protein shake with peanut butter
    D--Sirloin and salad
    Snacks--fat bomb, cucumber
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    guys wt can i have for brekfasts? ive been having bacon and eggs bt fancy something different, im taking all ur advice as of today and not eating any fake products (low cal wraps etc) are strawberrys, blackberries, blueberries okay? :)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    guys wt can i have for brekfasts? ive been having bacon and eggs bt fancy something different, im taking all ur advice as of today and not eating any fake products (low cal wraps etc) are strawberrys, blackberries, blueberries okay? :)

Hey, why not try one of the following:

- MIM (Muffin in a minute- recipes in the MIM thread on here) either a plain savoury one spread with cream cheese (add smoked salmon & lemon juice too!) or a smear of unsweetened nut butter (I use almond or hazelnut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon). Or one of the sweet ones (Chocolate, raspberry etc).

- Leftovers- Many of the low carbers on here get stuck into some of the leftovers from dinner last night. There's no shame in having leftover meatballs for brekkie ;o)

- Smoothies/Milkshakes/iced coffees- Here is a link to an excellent low carb smoothie section : http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-drink-recipes/

and

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/snack_recipes.html
  • maremare312
    Options
    Meal 1--Sirloin steak with blue cheese
    Meal 2--Cheesy Broccoli Veggie Soup and Steak pizza on low carb tortillas
    Snacks--Cucumber