3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is our first....and it's a boy! Super excited and terrified at the same time.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Aw well that's awesome!! Have you decided on a name yet?
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Joining you at 28 weeks!!! Woot woot!!!! This part is always the loooonnnggeessttt. hopefully with two other little munchkins to run after all day will make this 3rd trimester will go by fast. and with all the lovely holidays and birthdays to celebrate that should help keep me distracted as well. already started christmas shopping.
    Pretty much set for this baby girl. FINALLY decided on a name last week. I was getting worried. But now my son points at my belly and asks when is baby Jessika coming out of my belly. love it.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Joining you at 28 weeks!!! Woot woot!!!! This part is always the loooonnnggeessttt. hopefully with two other little munchkins to run after all day will make this 3rd trimester will go by fast. and with all the lovely holidays and birthdays to celebrate that should help keep me distracted as well. already started christmas shopping.
    Pretty much set for this baby girl. FINALLY decided on a name last week. I was getting worried. But now my son points at my belly and asks when is baby Jessika coming out of my belly. love it.

Aw yay!!! So glad yall picked a name! I bet it was bugging you to just call baby "her, she, or baby girl"! Lol
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Aw yay!!! So glad yall picked a name! I bet it was bugging you to just call baby "her, she, or baby girl"! Lol

yes, but me and my son were actually calling her Azaria for awhile. I was tyrying to get my husband used to that name cuz I loved it soo much. but it never grew on him lol and considering it was his "turn" to pick out the name. I finally gave in on Jessika. Considering it was his "top" girl name for all three kids...
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Hello ladies,

yes, but me and my son were actually calling her Azaria for awhile. I was tyrying to get my husband used to that name cuz I loved it soo much. but it never grew on him lol and considering it was his "turn" to pick out the name. I finally gave in on Jessika. Considering it was his "top" girl name for all three kids...

Haha well you're a good wife :):)
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is our first....and it's a boy! Super excited and terrified at the same time.

[/quote]

Aw well that's awesome!! Have you decided on a name yet?
    [/quote]

We have! He is going to be Theodore Wayne, after both of our grandpas...but we are calling him "Teddy Wayne".
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I see how everyone has already picked names out and I am starting to worry. This poor child still has no name my husband and I cannot agree still. This poor baby will be called she permanently I am afraid.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I see how everyone has already picked names out and I am starting to worry. This poor child still has no name my husband and I cannot agree still. This poor baby will be called she permanently I am afraid.

Don't worry. We are not 100% on our yet either.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    *ours*
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

We've had a first name since we found out we were pregnant, taken us the last 8 months to try and figure out a middle one! I'm still not 100% in love with the one we picked but at least we both agreed on it :smile:
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options

It will come to you! My hubby and I couldn't agree on any names either, and then suddenly, "Chloe" popped into my head, and we both ended up loving it!

For ideas, I would browse the editorial pages of magazines & opening/closing credits of movies/tv shows. I never did get any good ideas from baby name books or websites.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I had my first weekly appointment today, and alll was good. She said I was maybe 25% effaced and not dilated at all, so he is probably not coming for a while...I'm glad especially since I'm 35w6d. I'm glad they do not force induction until 41 weeks, but they will strip membranes if I choose at 37, which I won't have done that early...maybe around 40 if there isn't much progression. It just kind of sucks that my EDD is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I would almost rather have him late, becuase I will be uncomfortable with a brand new baby around a bunch of people so early. Especially 4 of my hubby's cousins that aren't vaccinated...am I being a paranoid new mom? If I have him right around Thanksgiving or later, I will be incredibly miserable I'm sure but wont' have to worry about everybody handling the baby. Rant over :)
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I had my first weekly appointment today, and alll was good. She said I was maybe 25% effaced and not dilated at all, so he is probably not coming for a while...I'm glad especially since I'm 35w6d. I'm glad they do not force induction until 41 weeks, but they will strip membranes if I choose at 37, which I won't have done that early...maybe around 40 if there isn't much progression. It just kind of sucks that my EDD is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I would almost rather have him late, becuase I will be uncomfortable with a brand new baby around a bunch of people so early. Especially 4 of my hubby's cousins that aren't vaccinated...am I being a paranoid new mom? If I have him right around Thanksgiving or later, I will be incredibly miserable I'm sure but wont' have to worry about everybody handling the baby. Rant over :)
    Not paranoid. Please tell me you aren't having people over for Thanksgiving. It's just a day. People who aren't vaccinated against flu/pertussis shouldn't be around a newborn. I am having mine on the 15th via c-section. I don't plan on doing anything for the holiday except pre-order a meal from the local market.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I welcomed myself into the 3rd trimester this morning with a 2 hour glucose test. WOOHOO! Praying I pass (I failed the 1 hour with a 134...dang). Glad to be here with y'all in the last leg of our pregnancies!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

It will come to you! My hubby and I couldn't agree on any names either, and then suddenly, "Chloe" popped into my head, and we both ended up loving it!

For ideas, I would browse the editorial pages of magazines & opening/closing credits of movies/tv shows. I never did get any good ideas from baby name books or websites.

Blink - You're not alone! At 38.5 weeks we've chosen a boy name, but still cannot agree on a girl name.

I agree with ajsdream about the websites and books. I find the sites all tend to be the same top 10 lists, and we're trying to avoid anything too popular/common, and the books are tedious and some times just ridiculous! I've also been keeping an eye out for names in articles and tv/movie credits, too.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not paranoid. Please tell me you aren't having people over for Thanksgiving. It's just a day. People who aren't vaccinated against flu/pertussis shouldn't be around a newborn. I am having mine on the 15th via c-section. I don't plan on doing anything for the holiday except pre-order a meal from the local market.

Totally agree with cmaxmor! Personally I would be staying home for Thanksgiving if I had a brand new baby. Not only because of the vaccine issue, but also because I don't think I'd feel up to being out and around a bunch of people that soon after delivery. It will be the first week of baby's life (assuming you deliver on time), and you won't be feeling back to your normal self that quickly, and you'll still be figuring things out and getting into a routine. Your family should understand if you guys decide to skip dinner this year!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. No, luckily it is not at my house. Usually, we go to DH's grandma's and my grandma's that day. I will see how I feel but I will probably not take him to DH's grandma's, but maybe to mine if I feel up to it. There are less people and no kids.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well my whole birth plan just went out the window...Doctor checked at 36 weeks and "thought" she felt a head and that lil' boy had finally flipped and said that I'd get a US at 37, at 37 they didn't think they needed to. No check of the cervix AT ALL at 37 or 38 weeks...GUESS WHAT?? Today at 39 weeks (a different) Doctor checks and says...I can't feel a head or...anything. So we head over to the ultrasound machine. Kid is sitting transverse kickin' it old school...*sigh*.

Doctor gives three options:

1. we wait and see if he'll turn (only a 5% likelihood he will and we'll end up with a C-section);
    2. we turn him externally (50% likelihood in the BEST situations) - means filling him and me with medication to relax the uterus, then manhandling him around which could lead to increased heart rate, separation of the placenta, and other bad crap that may end up equaling a C-section. Great part of this is the Doctor says "if it was earlier..." and I was like "you mean if you had actually checked at 37 and 38 weeks like the previous doctor said ya'll would?"; and
    3. just scheduling a C-section

so yeah...waiting to hear back from the doctor's office on when they can get me in for the C-section. I'm 39 weeks so now I'm nervous I'll go into labor before I can get him out! I'm ok with a scheduled one but I'm scared of having to get stuck with an emergency C-Section.

Good news is that we'll be meeting him pretty soon?

*sigh*
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well my whole birth plan just went out the window...Doctor checked at 36 weeks and "thought" she felt a head and that lil' boy had finally flipped and said that I'd get a US at 37, at 37 they didn't think they needed to. No check of the cervix AT ALL at 37 or 38 weeks...GUESS WHAT?? Today at 39 weeks (a different) Doctor checks and says...I can't feel a head or...anything. So we head over to the ultrasound machine. Kid is sitting transverse kickin' it old school...*sigh*.

1. we wait and see if he'll turn (only a 5% likelihood he will and we'll end up with a C-section);
    2. we turn him externally (50% likelihood in the BEST situations) - means filling him and me with medication to relax the uterus, then manhandling him around which could lead to increased heart rate, separation of the placenta, and other bad crap that may end up equaling a C-section. Great part of this is the Doctor says "if it was earlier..." and I was like "you mean if you had actually checked at 37 and 38 weeks like the previous doctor said ya'll would?"; and

so yeah...waiting to hear back from the doctor's office on when they can get me in for the C-section. I'm 39 weeks so now I'm nervous I'll go into labor before I can get him out! I'm ok with a scheduled one but I'm scared of having to get stuck with an emergency C-Section.

*sigh*

Good news is that you will go home with a baby either way! Best laid plans and all of that......
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options

*sigh*

Good news is that you will go home with a baby either way! Best laid plans and all of that......

This is more or less the reason I'm thinking I probably won't draft a birth plan.