3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The nipple stimulation (with a pump) was very effective on me. It did cause considerable contractions (but nothing that stuck). I started after my 39 week appointment, and the Sun-Tues before baby was born, I was doing the pump like it was my job! Took an induction sanity break on Weds, and at my apt on Thurs I was 3-4 cm dialated, when the membrane sweep did the trick. (Baby 12 hours later!)

def gonna be talking to the doc about a membrane sweep at my appt tomorrow (considering it for the following week at which point I'll be over 40 weeks if she doesn't come). I all the sudden hit the wall today where I'm just like "holy crap, give me my baby!" I'm so sick of waiting....I will continue to wait until the Lord decides it's time but goodness gracious am I getting impatient
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The nipple stimulation (with a pump) was very effective on me. It did cause considerable contractions (but nothing that stuck). I started after my 39 week appointment, and the Sun-Tues before baby was born, I was doing the pump like it was my job! Took an induction sanity break on Weds, and at my apt on Thurs I was 3-4 cm dialated, when the membrane sweep did the trick. (Baby 12 hours later!)

def gonna be talking to the doc about a membrane sweep at my appt tomorrow (considering it for the following week at which point I'll be over 40 weeks if she doesn't come). I all the sudden hit the wall today where I'm just like "holy crap, give me my baby!" I'm so sick of waiting....I will continue to wait until the Lord decides it's time but goodness gracious am I getting impatient

I've heard the membrane sweep is most effective if your doctor will do it several times in a row (do a sweep - dr goes to check on next patient, comes back in and sweeps again, etc...). Who knows though - Good luck on getting baby here!

@FunBettyWoo - congrats on the early weightloss. Enjoy your sweet babe!!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Any of you FTM's starting to feel like this having a baby thing is surreal? Now that she could be here any day I feel like "what?! I'm not going to be a mom!" I'm excited about it but it doesn't feel real...also every morning I feel like my stomach has disappeared (then I roll over and get out of bed and it's definitely still there lol)
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @Emily - It still feels surreal for me to be a mom and this is my 3rd :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss, FunBettyWoo ! Just the fact that you're already on top of it means that you will definitely lose that last bit.

As for the unreality of it all --some days I cannot imagine my life with a baby in it, other days I think constantly about what my baby's personality will be and how we will interact.

My husband has been going crazy this week setting up... get this... a machine shop in our basement because he thinks he won't have time (or money) to acquire the equipment after the baby comes. He is worried I will go into labor while he was in another part of the state trying to move some of the machinery, so the past few weeks have seen many new acquisitions. I can't say I'm thrilled about the sounds of a machine shop emanating from the basement while the baby is sleeping, but I would never want to stop him from living out his machine shop dreams!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    6 days later I'm down almost 20 lbs. :) (9lb baby plus lots of fluid). The swelling in my feet is almost gone. Now it's time to start buckling down to lose the other 35 lbs I gained with this pregnancy. :/ Going to start with the nutrition, but people have been bringing meals this week so in reality I'm going to wait until next week - but still being mindful of what I'm eating now.

AWESOME!!! I love that initial weight and fluid loss! I can't wait for my [c]ankles to look normal again :tongue:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    @Emily - It still feels surreal for me to be a mom and this is my 3rd :)

I agree with this - I can't believe I'm going to have two. How the heck am I going to manage two???

The weirdest thing is after you give birth, suddenly you're like, WHOA, I'm not pregnant anymore. It's just weird because you can lie on your back (or on your stomach if your boobs allow), you can take Advil again, you can even have a beer (helps with letdown). It's just weird to have your own autonomy again. Weird, but good.

Me, I can't wait not only to have my personal autonomy back but also to HAVE the baby - to get past L&D - and get past the really tough first 2-3 weeks, then past all the little baby stuff, etc. I mean, I will cherish it, of course, but my son is in such a cool place right now where he's getting easier to do stuff with, and now I'm in a holding pattern, waiting to start over with another one.

With my first, the whole "ohmyGodIjusthadababy" thing didn't hit me until I got home from the hospital.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    My husband has been going crazy this week setting up... get this... a machine shop in our basement because he thinks he won't have time (or money) to acquire the equipment after the baby comes. He is worried I will go into labor while he was in another part of the state trying to move some of the machinery, so the past few weeks have seen many new acquisitions. I can't say I'm thrilled about the sounds of a machine shop emanating from the basement while the baby is sleeping, but I would never want to stop him from living out his machine shop dreams!

Hey, if your baby can sleep through that, then s/he will be able to sleep through anything!
  • ehg87
    Options
    How is everyone? Any babies here yet?? Haven't seen anything by Emily in a couple days......
    I have had a serious heartburn surge this week. I'm really thankful it's held off this long, but WOW it is BRUTAL!!! So long as I steer clear of acidic, fried and red meat I do fine. But that's really hard beings as I've craved Italian this time. Even coffee is giving me heartburn...so strange. Only 7 weeks left though so I guess I'll try and power thru with just Tums. I got my red raspberry leaf tea this week and have had a cup a day for 3 days now. Admittedly, by itself I find it to be quite unbearably earthy tasting; so I've been adding a half teaspoon of sugar and that does the trick for me.
    This week has been a rough one, as nice as the weather has been here I'm just so grouchy and tired!! The combination of feeling overwhelmed by how much is left to do plus having no energy to accomplish it is probably why I'm being such a piss ant. I keep trying to remind myself of how much we've accomplished this week. So far we've painted a dresser, moved out a chair & couch that we've been needing to part with for awhile, set up the crib in our bedroom & tomorrow my sister is coming to help paint the girls room :) I need to start washing up baby stuff soon, and I want to go ahead and get the baby carseat in the van.... Anyone else packed their hospital bag yet? I keep thinking I need to do that but also feel like it might be a tiny bit premature?
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    How is everyone? Any babies here yet?? Haven't seen anything by Emily in a couple days......
    I have had a serious heartburn surge this week. I'm really thankful it's held off this long, but WOW it is BRUTAL!!! So long as I steer clear of acidic, fried and red meat I do fine. But that's really hard beings as I've craved Italian this time. Even coffee is giving me heartburn...so strange. Only 7 weeks left though so I guess I'll try and power thru with just Tums. I got my red raspberry leaf tea this week and have had a cup a day for 3 days now. Admittedly, by itself I find it to be quite unbearably earthy tasting; so I've been adding a half teaspoon of sugar and that does the trick for me.
    This week has been a rough one, as nice as the weather has been here I'm just so grouchy and tired!! The combination of feeling overwhelmed by how much is left to do plus having no energy to accomplish it is probably why I'm being such a piss ant. I keep trying to remind myself of how much we've accomplished this week. So far we've painted a dresser, moved out a chair & couch that we've been needing to part with for awhile, set up the crib in our bedroom & tomorrow my sister is coming to help paint the girls room :) I need to start washing up baby stuff soon, and I want to go ahead and get the baby carseat in the van.... Anyone else packed their hospital bag yet? I keep thinking I need to do that but also feel like it might be a tiny bit premature?

Still no baby :( I've just been super busy around the house. Yesterday I went crazy cleaning the rooms and stuff, the nice thing is that I now feel like if I had to be gone for a few days I wouldn't feel overwhelmed with a mess when I get back from the hospital. I have been having some stronger contractions today, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Monday I was having a lot of lower back pain that can and went in waves and thought for sure it was back labor...the it stopped. My midwife and doula both vote for the baby to be born this weekend. I am totally on board with this idea, I just hope baby agrees LOL. Today I'm going into work because the guys are having a farewell bbq for me and I think I'm getting an award also, I think it would be hysterical if I went into labor there b/c the last few months they have been so worried I would go into labor at work.

7 weeks may be a bit early to be packed but I certainly started thinking about it that early. Better early than late! At my 35 week appt I was still not packed and didn't have the car seat in and the doc said to make sure I got it done that week...so I guess 7 weeks really isn't THAT early.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is feeling like it's totally surreal that I'm going to have a baby in my arms soon. I really can't wait to meet her. While it's still not for me I am starting to understand why people induce early. I think that takes the fun out of it though!
  • RBXChas
    Options

I'll be 34 weeks on Sunday, and my guess is that around 35 or 36 weeks we will put the infant car seat in the van. As for a hospital bag, I never packed one the first time. My purse is huge and has a lot of what I might need initially on the off chance that I have to go straight from the office (or somewhere else) to the hospital, but otherwise we don't live far from the hospital, plus it's not in the middle of nowhere, so by the time I need something, I'll be able to get it rather quickly. Last time I went into labor at home in the middle of the night, and I have an overnight bag that already has most of the essentials in it. The only thing I had to do was take out stuff (I mean, one hotel-size bottle of shampoo is plenty), add in my toothbrush, brushes/combs, and razor, then add something for me and the baby to wear on the way home.

The only thing I did do this early, which was suggested by the nurse at the childbirth class I did last time, and I need to do this weekend, is take a zip-loc bag and put a clean pair of underwear and a couple of maxi pads in it, just in case your water breaks while you're not at home. I'm sure if that happened, a fresh pair of panties and a fresh pad would be welcome, plus then you have the zip-loc for the underwear you'd been wearing. I think I even inadvertently carried this around for a few months postpartum, too!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

The only thing I did do this early, which was suggested by the nurse at the childbirth class I did last time, and I need to do this weekend, is take a zip-loc bag and put a clean pair of underwear and a couple of maxi pads in it, just in case your water breaks while you're not at home. I'm sure if that happened, a fresh pair of panties and a fresh pad would be welcome, plus then you have the zip-loc for the underwear you'd been wearing. I think I even inadvertently carried this around for a few months postpartum, too!

good call! I'm gonna have to do this!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey! How is everyone doing? Any progress??

Anyone else having problems with swelling during exercise? For the past couple weeks, every time I go for a walk my hands swell up a ton, then an hour later go back down to normal (mostly). It's just so weird to not recognize my own hands...and after a long day to look down at my feet and not recognize them either!

Also I have noticed more colostrum than before. About every day for the past week.

It is crazy to think that in two weeks I could have this baby....I was still 70 percent effaced at my 34 week appointment (which is good because I did not want to progress more and for him to be preterm), but now at 35w3d I think I lost part of the plug....so I have a good feeling that the doctor's prediction of baby coming the 37th week is right on....

I love the idea of the ziplock bag! I need to do that.
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Laura- glad to hear that your little man is holding out. 37 weeks sounds like a good time to have him :)

Our baby girl was born on tuesday at 632 am. (the day after her due date) She is beautiful and perfect in every way I am so overwhelmed with the love I have for her! I'm gonna go pass out for now but will try to post the birth story soon
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Laura- glad to hear that your little man is holding out. 37 weeks sounds like a good time to have him :)

Our baby girl was born on tuesday at 632 am. (the day after her due date) She is beautiful and perfect in every way I am so overwhelmed with the love I have for her! I'm gonna go pass out for now but will try to post the birth story soon

Congratulations!!!!! Get some rest :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, EmilyRenae!!! We're excited to hear the great news from you!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Emily, can't wait to hear all about it!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hey! How is everyone doing? Any progress??

Anyone else having problems with swelling during exercise? For the past couple weeks, every time I go for a walk my hands swell up a ton, then an hour later go back down to normal (mostly). It's just so weird to not recognize my own hands...and after a long day to look down at my feet and not recognize them either!

Also I have noticed more colostrum than before. About every day for the past week.

It is crazy to think that in two weeks I could have this baby....I was still 70 percent effaced at my 34 week appointment (which is good because I did not want to progress more and for him to be preterm), but now at 35w3d I think I lost part of the plug....so I have a good feeling that the doctor's prediction of baby coming the 37th week is right on....

I love the idea of the ziplock bag! I need to do that.

I have my first late pregnancy pelvic check on Tuesday (which will be 35+2), so I will see how I've progressed. My guess is nothing spectacular. Last time I delivered at 38+5, two days after being told that I'd probably go to 40 weeks.

I'm not having colostrum, though. I didn't have it last time (at least not before delivery) and haven't noticed anything this time, either. I figure it's just one more thing to deal with, so it's not like I'm sad about it!

But yes on the swelling. I stopped wearing my jewelry this week because now that the weather is consistently pretty warm (high 70s and low 80s) and humid here, my rings and watch still fit me but are just a little "sticky." If I do a lot of walking, my hands swell up, then go down when I rest. My legs and feet are gross by the end of the day. I had it worse last time, but it's still annoying. My OB told me that as long as it goes down overnight, then it's fine - just drink lots of water (water with lemon, if possible) and keep those feet up:smile:
  • ehg87
    Options
    Congrats Emily!!

I had another good Dr's appt yesterday. I'm up 30lbs at 34weeks they're happy with that and I am too!! I had wanted 30lbs to be my max weight, but oh well baby is healthy and so am I! Plus I don't think that's bad at all for not logging for the past 34 weeks, lol. Although I would really like to keep it a 5lb gain for the next 6 weeks tho which I think is feasible. There had been some concern for awhile now that baby is breech, so the Dr did a quick u/s yesterday, and HALLELUJAH she's head down (not engaged in the pelvis yet). He said it would be pretty abnormal for her to flip back heads up at this point. It was really awesome to get to see her this late in the pregnancy as I never saw my other 2 this late. She was sucking her thumb :) Assuming she continues that post birth, that will be 2 finger suckers for us. UGH...our 4 yr old is still sucking her fingers. Awful habit to try and get them to break!

@RBX - I'm shocked at how well swelling has been for me so far this time. The only time I have a problem is if I don't drink enough, OR if I go for a walk. Although the Dr did tell me not to get my hopes up as this is around the time most ladies start having swelling problems if they're going too....Fingers are crossed!

Hope everyone else is well!!!!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats Emily!!! We're looking forward to hearing your story!!!

Yeah same here, the swelling started when the weather warmed up and it is sooooo humid! I think I am going to start taking off my rings when I go for walks and probably for labor and delivery. Did anyone have problems with swelling after labor? Maybe I have been reading too much about it! Or did you find that your body pretty much started eliminating excess water immediately after?