Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    there is a bottle of champagne in the fridge looking at me. It's got a naughty glint in it's cork. I'm going to save it for a special occasion.
    There is also a rather nice bottle of shiraz peeking out of a cupboard. Had to pop him back fully in the cupboard, right to the back.
    Is it wrong I'm giving alcohol personalities??
  • lilreney719
    Options
    I don't believe it's wrong.... I know the feeling.... it's like you know it's there and they are beckoning you to open them!! LOL!! I'm thankful that the holidays have left me broke and I have absolutely NONE in the house right now so there is no taunting!! :D
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is really bad...but I am sitting here reading this while drinking a glass of wine!!!! This group is CLEARLY just what I need. I too love my nightly wine....it's often more than just a glass and it often entails food that I don't need to be eating. I've changed my lifestyle so much over the last 5 years, lost and kept off over 40#'s. But I really want to lose a little more and there is really no worse diet habit than my wine (and associated snacks). Now that I'm logging my food again it sticks out like a sore thumb when I am looking at my day.

When I was really focused on weight loss, the only way it happened was very little wine. Weekends only at the most. I have known I need to get back to that kind of focus if I am going to kick this last 5-7#s. Can use all the help of this group!!!!!
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good to have all of you on board! This makes night 3 for me with no wine and it feels good actually. Monday nights are busy for us anyway and so don't miss it as much. Which is not to say that I didn't crave it a little driving home. I think part of the problem for me is that it is just so hard to RELAX! Plus I love love love the taste.
  • Change_Agent
    Options

When I was really focused on weight loss, the only way it happened was very little wine. Weekends only at the most. I have known I need to get back to that kind of focus if I am going to kick this last 5-7#s. Can use all the help of this group!!!!!

Good to know it helped with your weight loss - it'll inspire me to keep at it if I think there's a definite pay off. And happy to help however I can! Good for you for having only 5-7 to go. I have more like 30. I need to weigh in but just haven't lately. Fingers crossed that I have lost something in last few weeks. Have been working hard at it - tho only gave up the wine three nights ago.
  • Change_Agent
    Options
    I usually miss it the most during my son's homework time :grumble: But I have found that a nice cup of hot tea does the trick! This looks like a good place for me to be ! can't wait to fit in my jeans again!

Hi - ha! yes, during homework. It makes it tolerable sometimes. I swear that they make the directions as vague as possible on some of those assignments.
  • Change_Agent
    Options
    I love spiced rum and diet wild cherry pepsi. It's my drink of choice and I usually have 1-2 large glasses a night... I count my calories but know I need to cut down. I know my body will like me better too. I am ready to set a goal of 1 regular glass per night. THANK YOU for starting this group! Gotta go and fill up my water cup!:drinker:

I think that sounds like a good way to start. I didn't have the discipline to stop at one glass but more power to you if you can. I want to get to that level.
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Honestly ! And my eldest is only in 6th grade, he is going to surpass my knowledge base in the next year! But the good thing is fractions FINALLY make sense :happy:
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Good to know it helped with your weight loss - it'll inspire me to keep at it if I think there's a definite pay off. And happy to help however I can! Good for you for having only 5-7 to go. I have more like 30. I need to weigh in but just haven't lately. Fingers crossed that I have lost something in last few weeks. Have been working hard at it - tho only gave up the wine three nights ago.

Last summer I trained for two half marathons which I finished happy to say! I gained weight leading up to each race because I never changed my eating/drinking habits. I am sure that the amount of extra calories that I consumed were a big factor in that weight gain. I am looking forward to seeing the changes when I stay within my daily calorie allowance!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    Here's to day 10!

And since the new year I have dropped three pounds according to my Wii.

C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy:
  • kerry0521
    Options
    I definitely notice a difference in how I feel on the bike (and running when I used to run) when I have any more than one glass of wine the night before. Not drinking wine makes everything better except dinner!
  • Change_Agent
    Options
    Here's to day 10!

And since the new year I have dropped three pounds according to my Wii.

C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy:

OW!! You go.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not drinking wine makes everything better except dinner!

Love this! And totally agree!
  • ldickie
    Options
    Still haven't had any wine, today will be day 9, however I did have vodka with diet tonic water the night before last. That set back just made me realize that, like I've read here, the next morning is crappy post-cocktails from the evening before AND I hate the shame I feel from having to log those calories!! I think what I miss most though about my red wine is that it's warm and pretty to look at in the glass. I have not stooped so low as to put colored water in a wine glass and pretend....but I've thought about it!!! Is that as crazy as I think it is??
  • mommybird1
    Options
    One of my pitfalls was my nightly red wine with popcorn. I still have my popcorn (just a smaller amount) but since I an cutting out wine, I have tried putting milk, or water or tea in a red wine glass. it is not the same but I swear the milk tastes better!!!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    Day 10 done!
  • kerry0521
    Options
    Yeah, YOU!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I didn't even feel like having a beer or a glass of wine tonight. How weird is that??? Yeah!
  • kerry0521
    Options
    Hoping to get there someday..... :)
  • heartbeatoz
    heartbeatoz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My New Years resolution was to give up Alcohol for January , my Partner is on Holidays from February so I'll probably have a few drinks then but so far so good not missing it in the least I now treat myself to a Perrier with Lemon & Ice very refreshing.