First game that you finished?

Options

Replies

• ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    King's Quest! My sisters and I were obsessed with the game.

My parents used to let us call the Sierra Hint Line when we would get stuck LOL

Me too...King's quest! I barely remember it. I think it was like 1985 and I had my first computer which was a used IBM 8088 with 4.77 mhz processor and a monochrome (green) screen. I was like 23 years old at the time. I just remember typing out things for the character to do.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% for sure about this, but I *think* it was E.T. for Atari 2600.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The first game I finished was when I was about 6-7 years old and it was the point and click game Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!? for the PC. I love Discworld books now that I'm older and this game is probably why. Terry Pratchett's humour, combined with the Monty Python humour of Eric Idle is genius.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Contra for the original Nintendo.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    First system game would be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64. I love the Zelda games but haven't really played any of them that came before this game. This was the first game that I beat when I got my N64 which also was the first system that I owned. I think I had just started middle school when I got it.

First computer game would be Chips's Challenge I think. I was obsessed with this game back then. I recently found a couple of apps that do a good job of replicating the game play and I have been enjoying playing them.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it'd have to be Super Mario Bros for original Nintendo :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    NES Pro Wrestling with Star Man.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Damn I feel old by saying this, but the first game I beat was Wonder Boy for the Sega Master System.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!! I did it with King Slender. That back breaker was lethal.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!! I did it with King Slender. That back breaker was lethal.

Yeah, it was lol....I was cheesy and would just run around and do the flying elbow until the NPC couldn't get up lol.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it'd have to be Super Mario Bros for original Nintendo :)

I have STILL never beaten that game. So aggravating!
  • Onipaa808
    Onipaa808 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jak and Daxter. That series is the BEST. Too bad I don't have a PS anymore. :(
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    First game I finished would have to be Ducktales on the NES.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    King's Quest for the PC, way back when, text based dos game. We made a paper map and taped all the pages together adn everything!
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think the first game I have ever beaten was probably the first Dragon Quest game on NES (that or Star Tropics)
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The original Zelda on NES. Talk about a long time ago.....sheesh....
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon Ra -- PC game from 1992. Good times. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dagger_of_Amon_Ra
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Maniac Mansion for Commodore 64 ... That would be cool ported over to iOS
  • Nina2723
    Nina2723 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG you actually beat that game??? That damn game drove me nuts all through my child hood and I still can't beat the damn thing.... stupid cave like hole... *grumble grumble*
    I am not 100% for sure about this, but I *think* it was E.T. for Atari 2600.
  • Nina2723
    Nina2723 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    First game would have been an atari 2600 game.. which i can't remember i had tons. infact i still have an atari 2600 in its original box with coupons that expired before my husband was born... lol

Fave. game I finished was Star wars KOTOR.