First game that you finished?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ashreycakes
    ashreycakes Posts: 12
    Options
    American McGee's Alice, way back in the day.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yoshi's Story!

Around the same time, Pokemon Yellow and Magical Tetris Challenge (that trippy Disney Tetris storymode game...)
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    it may have been and almost certain it was Alex Kidd on the Mastersystem

God, yes. Same. I also love how it was BUILT IN - modern technology at its finest. Also probably Monkey Island 1 on whatever those gigantic floppy discs were.

I also remember playing a text-based typing / command game when I was about four (so around 1987) - I have a vague feeling that it was something to do with Jack and the Beanstalk (definitely remember there being something to do with golden eggs) - if anyone can enlighten me on this, I'd be really interested to know what it was!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Oh you know what? I just remembered that I did beat Adventure. You know, where you went around as an arrow and you killed dragons that looked like ducks? Yeah. I beat that. And then nothing else for like 20 years.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Mario on NES
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think the first game I have ever beaten was probably the first Dragon Quest game on NES (that or Star Tropics)

On the NES it was called Dragon Warrior, I liked the music in it. The second one was definitely more difficult.
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    Double dragon in the arcade, followed closely by golden axe.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Well the first one I remember completing was Streets Of Rage

it may have been and almost certain it was Alex Kidd on the Mastersystem

Me too! But it was on Blaze ofc :)

Then right after, i finished Golden Axe...hahaha!
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    We had a TI computer when I was little and I played a lot of cartridge-based educational games like Number Magic and Mousetrap... but those didn't have an "ending" perse. Most of the Atari games I played didn't really have an "ending" either, except Adventure - and I never finished it because I got so pissed off at those left-bracket duck-dragons appearing out of nowhere while I was stuck in a non-maneuverable space.

The first NES game I finished -- and I guess therefore the first game I really "finished" -- was SMB... though my parents got a wee bit impatient with me sitting in front of the console and complaining about dying to fireballs. Little did they know I'd make it a habit for the rest of my life... :laugh: (the sitting in front of the console, not the fireballs.) I finished Zelda shortly after.

Other firsts: the first game that I really connected to emotionally was FFVI on the SNES - I can still sing the Opera. The first game that made me throw my controller in anger and frustration was Street Fighter on the Genesis. And the first game that I remember laughing aloud about was Tekken 3's single-player mode when, as you ate food to restore health, you heard a deep Duke Nukem-esque voice saying "chickeeeennn."
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oregon Trail (the original one found in the computer labs at school!)
    6a00d8341c630a53ef01116856cf7a970c-800wi.jpg
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    Super Mario World then Yoshi's Island
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Super Mario Bros. for me, too. My babysitter(I was 6 at the time) had to show me how to get past the World 8 castle.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Before my Sega Master system Wonderboy exploit, my lil brother reminded me of Donkey Kong Jr. game & watch. It would not go past 9999.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ET on Atari 2600.
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    zelda the original on the nintendo with the giant square games tht slide into the front xD

Me too!!