Group Challenge #1 - The Calorie Burner (January 2012)

Options

Replies

• Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Pretty much failed this week!

Have been travelling all over unexpectedly so couldn't prepare my usual foods to take with me.

Job interviews and presentations and drama's with my niece in hospital (she's ok now, poor little bugger) have all ganged up on me this week.

My over indulging was counter attacked with taking part in a mental fitness challenge on Thursday night called Commando Fit... hardest hour of my life being beasted around muddy fields and hills in the dark and rain, great fun... really tough!!

So I'm writing it off and carrying on again this week.

Water last week was terrible... really failed on 4 out of 7 days so must work much harder on that.

Goals for Week 3:
    *DRINK WATER DAMN IT - 8 glasses at least please!
    *AT LEAST 30 mins of exercise a day (1 day off allowed)
    *Smash through the 150lb mark

This really is a revisit to week 1 as I think I set goals that were a bit too harsh last week which were out of reach considering what I had planned through the week... will build up slower.

Weight wise... still hovering just above the 150lb mark again at 150.6 right now... so close!!!

Can't believe we are on week 3 already, doesn't time fly when your having fun?! Thanks for keeping my accountable everyone, you are all awesome!!
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am really pleased with my results from all last week’s work. Lost another 1kg (despite my Saturday night blow out), drank loads of water most days, and I can now do a 1 min plank (2 days in a row)!
    Can't wait till next Mon to see the results of using the Gyroboard for a whole week :happy:
  • sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    I had a not so good Week 2, here's to a better Week 3!

My week three goals:

1. Drink 2 8 oz of water 30 minutes before every meal.
    2. Do jog/walk interval at least 3 times this week.
    3. Do 30DS at least 4 times this week.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Check in guys!!!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 16 of the 30ds. I took a day off (friday) bc i was getting sick and was told i needed to take the day off! But im back on track and feeling great!!!
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Yay! I am really pleased with my results from all last week’s work. Lost another 1kg (despite my Saturday night blow out), drank loads of water most days, and I can now do a 1 min plank (2 days in a row)!
    Can't wait till next Mon to see the results of using the Gyroboard for a whole week :happy:

good job!!!!
  • candykay0605
    Options
    I am currently on day 16 of the 30ds. I took a day off (friday) bc i was getting sick and was told i needed to take the day off! But im back on track and feeling great!!!

on a side note today is my bday and I actually reached my goal of loseing 5lb, so I bouth myself a new pair of jeans and went down one size. I could have went down 2 sizes but i hate my jeans being tight
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group.

I'm doing 30 Day Shred. Today was a rest day but my goal is to continue Level 2 of 30 DS Tuesday and right on through the weekend.
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Did all the thing i needed to last night and am on track today. Drank my water so yay!
    My body is telling me that i need to rest so today is a rest day for me.
    Prepared all my meals and have written in my days meals already.
    Working off of a list is just like grocery shopping but intead of a cart it is my pie hole!
  • Bekzness
    Options
    *Water, 8 glasses - done!
    *23 min run (6mph pace), 20 min brisk walk with my Mum and the pooches - done!

Lots of walking around in town after work too for a couple of hours but haven't logged that.

My Zumba Fitness 2 game arrived today and I intended to give it a go, but it has been such a long day and I have an even longer one tomorrow so I will have a blast on it when I get in from work tomorrow night, looks like great fun :)

Good start to Week 3 for me, hope everyone is smashing those goals this week!?
  • sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to do my jog/walk interval for 30 minutes. And was able to drink 2 glasses of water 30 minutes before my meals, and more glasses I didn't count in between meals. I couldn't do 30DS since I had a headache in the afternoon. I once tried to do 30DS even with a headache but it worsened especially during the jumping jacks and jumprope moves.

I read an article which stated that it is okay to workout if the pain is above the neck and to rest if it's the opposite. What are your opinions about working out with a headache? I'd love to hear from you all.

Anyway for this day, I did 30DS early this morning and drank two glasses before breakfast. Planning on following through my goals for the rest of the day.
  • faw1001
    Options
    on a side note today is my bday and I actually reached my goal of loseing 5lb, so I bouth myself a new pair of jeans and went down one size. I could have went down 2 sizes but i hate my jeans being tight

Sweet! Well done :)
  • faw1001
    Options
    Yesterday I did a really good Gyrobaord workout, mowed lawns with vintage pushmower and did another 'sweat my *kitten* off' workout at physio. Today I am comepletly shattered but did a short gyrobaord workout and decent speed 25min walk this morning. Now I just want to curl up and sleep the rest of the week away :yawn:
  • Bekzness
    Options
    I couldn't do 30DS since I had a headache in the afternoon. I once tried to do 30DS even with a headache but it worsened especially during the jumping jacks and jumprope moves.

I read an article which stated that it is okay to workout if the pain is above the neck and to rest if it's the opposite. What are your opinions about working out with a headache? I'd love to hear from you all.

It depends I think what type of headache it is and how severe?

If I had a migraine... there would be no chance of me doing anything... I used to get a lot of dehydration headaches before I got my water intake up, so I would drink a load then go work out which seemed fine... the fresh air sometimes helps some headaches too, sadly I never know if going for a run to get some fresh air will help or make it worse till its too late :P

Oh and Happy Belated Birthday Candykay :)
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Rest day went well but went over calories....today that wont happen

sezz_25 hope your headache is better

Bekzness let's smash this week up like it owes us money!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    [/quote]

It depends I think what type of headache it is and how severe?

If I had a migraine... there would be no chance of me doing anything... I used to get a lot of dehydration headaches before I got my water intake up, so I would drink a load then go work out which seemed fine... the fresh air sometimes helps some headaches too, sadly I never know if going for a run to get some fresh air will help or make it worse till its too late :P

Oh and Happy Belated Birthday Candykay :)
    [/quote]

It's the kind where I feel that my brain is throbbing or that somebody is pounding my head. If I wake up in the morning with a headache and go walking it actually makes it go away. So I'm thinking light exerices would be good.

Thanks for the comment!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Rest day went well but went over calories....today that wont happen

sezz_25 hope your headache is better

Bekzness let's smash this week up like it owes us money!

Thanks! I'm okay now, good as new! Good luck for this week!
  • faw1001
    Options
    I am changing one of my goals for this week. Forgot that Bikewise month started today and I need to log plenty of kms for my group. So my goal is to bike every morning this week (and gyroboard at night) :)
  • Bekzness
    Options
    I am changing one of my goals for this week. Forgot that Bikewise month started today and I need to log plenty of kms for my group. So my goal is to bike every morning this week (and gyroboard at night) :)

One of my goals for the summer will be to get a bike.. and use it :P

Day 2:
    *9 glasses of water - seemed pretty painless today
    *45 minutes on Zumba Fitness 2 - seriously awesome game

Day 3:
    * to add later
    *to add later
    *Weighed in at 149lbs - not sure if I should log it yet or wait till Monday :/ I may check in today as its my first day on DietChef and I wanna see what a week looks like on the stuff :)
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Today, I was able to do my jog/walk interval for 20 minutes and another 30 minutes of pure walking. This afternoon I tried Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and I think I am going to be doing this now instead of the 30DS. Drank two glasses of water before every meal just as I have planned.

This is shaping up to be a good week!