Group Challenge #1 - The Calorie Burner (January 2012)

Options
Okay, here's our first challenge everyone. :devil:

It's essentially for those of us who work out and exercise (possibly) on a daily basis.

The Challenge Requirements:

1) Complete your food AND exercise diaries every day - from start to finish;
2) Post (on the Challenge thread) your goal(s) for the upcoming week (Sunday - Saturday). Anytime Saturday is ideal;
2) Post daily comments (on the Challenge thread), either you had a great day or down day (so we can follow our progress and not get it mixed up with the general chatter). Try to encourage each other on same thread - keep it going until the end;
4) You don't have to detail your workout unless you want to, but give a general description, each (end of the) week;
5) Summarize (on the Challenge thread) what worked best for you and your overall experience that week;
6) This will be a one month challenge - end date of February 13th, 2012;

This will be a closed Challenge, limited to ten members only.

We will have simultaneous challenges for others that may involve similar elements. This is the first of many to come this first six months of 2012.

Good luck guys~

katie

PS Don't be shy, if you want to post your own challenges here too! The more, the better.

Replies

• uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! will try to post tomorrow but I'm driving up to visit my dad (he has stage 4 lung cancer) and it'll be a long day...
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I'd like to burn 7,000 calories a week
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Count me in too.
    My exercise challenge for this week (which started this morning) is to run 2.5 mins for every 1.5 min walking (as opposed to the 2x2 I have done for last week), for 30 mins every morning. Just completed my food diary for today (pls ignore the alcohol hehehehe). :drinker:
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hey guys -

Thanks for participating. We'll wait until tonight to start officially.

As you're probably already logging in your exercise and food diaries anyway, this shouldn't be very much extra work, besides the actual workouts you'll be doing during the week.

I'll keep a spreadsheet and we'll see where we stand each week!

Remember, other members will probably be watching and cheering you on, so be true to yourself and just go for it!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Okay guys, looks like it's just the three of you (AND THAT'S OKAY.)

We will start our challenge tomorrow. You guys have your rules. Just do what you are already doing and give us your projected goals tonight, so we know what you're shooting for!

Keep track of this, and I'm certain, you'll see improvement and feel a difference!

It's so much doing this with partners than doing it solo and losing your focus!!!

Good luck guys!

katie

:flowerforyou:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i will join in also, my goals for the up coming week, complete the 30day shred level one each day this week,
    I will also complete 500 jumping jacks by the end of the week, along with 50 chair dips daily
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    To do my pilates dvd EVERY DAY without fail
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm in!

My challenge is to do one level of 30DS everyday plus be able to hold the plank pose for a minute or more.
  • TheCloverFreak
    TheCloverFreak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will do my best, but I am starting school on tuesday so I will have less free time. And I am also going to be applying for a good paying job at my local police department. It's just records keeping but still! I will try my hardest to post though!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Alright then!

We are eight members strong! Awesome guys! :flowerforyou:

Remember the rules and create your posts on this thread accordingly.

And most importantly, good luck everyone! :wink:

katie
  • TheCloverFreak
    TheCloverFreak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my goal for this week is to finally be under 190 or at least at 190! It's at least over a year since i have been under that weight. I have two lbs to lose to get there. I lost two pounds last week so i'm hoping to do it again!

i already know that i will complete my dairies today. I have only missed one day since starting.

As for working out today, I will be doing 30 day shred and then either yoga or pilates.

Yay challenge!
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    Goal(s) for the upcoming week (Sunday - Saturday): drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water everyday this week

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!
  • faw1001
    Options
    My exercise challenge for this week is to run 2.5 mins for every 1.5 min walking

Done for today. really struggled to the point where I felt like puking for good half hr after which is weird cause I was ok with it on Sat morning. Never mind, tomorrow is another day :)
  • faw1001
    Options
    The challenge is already motivating me. I might have gone a bit easier on myself this morning if I didn't have this challenge as a good argument against the lazy voice in my head, so thank you. love it :heart:
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in! If there is room for 1 more? I was under my calories but today was a break day for workouts. My goal is not just to be under calories but not to adjust my calories according to an unhealthy choice. And workout 5 times this week.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    today i completed the 30day shred twice go me :)
  • faw1001
    Options

Well done!
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? Only just seen this thread.. boo for me :P
    This week I have 3 goals:

*drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    *do not eat after 8pm
    *exercise in one way or another every day, whether it be on the Wii Fit, Dog walks or running :)
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Well done!

Keep it coming!