Group Challenge #1 - The Calorie Burner (January 2012)

Options

Replies

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? Only just seen this thread.. boo for me :P
    This week I have 3 goals:

*drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    *do not eat after 8pm
    *exercise in one way or another every day, whether it be on the Wii Fit, Dog walks or running :)

Nailed all of the above today.... would have completely slacked if it had not been for this challenge, so thanks you :D

*10 glasses of water
    *eating my last meal shortly at 7pm
    *just completed a 20 minute run (10:00 pace) and 40 minute brisk walk (4mph)

My run was one of my best in some time, especially considering that I've had over a month off, pretty happy with today!

Whoo Hoo!!! THAT'S AWESOME !!! We all tip out hats to you !!!

Keep it going - you will probably be amazed when this is all over - can't wait to see how you feel at the end of this !!!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    thank you ive done it once today and will do it again with my friend at 6 tonight :)

today i completed the 30day shred twice go me :)

Well done!

TWICE?!!!

Well done is right!!! Keep cheering because you deserve it after that!

Once this exercise becomes habit, you'll be astounded how easy it is to do daily!

GO YOU...

katie

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Yesterday I did Level 1 of 30DS and did 55 seconds of plank pose. After posting this I am going to do Level 2 of 30 DS and try to hold the plank for more than 55 seconds.

Yeah!!!! (Don't burn yourself out early, though. Pace yourself....)

BUT GOOD JOB and good luck with today's regiment!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Yesterday I did Level 1 of 30DS and did 55 seconds of plank pose. After posting this I am going to do Level 2 of 30 DS and try to hold the plank for more than 55 seconds.

I just finished LEvel 2 of 30 DS and eked out 56 seconds of plank pose.

Thanks to this group challenge I was motivated to exercise. I was feeling lethargic today and was coming up with "valid" reasons not to do my workout until I checked this post.

Thanks for the motivation!

KEEP IT UP!!!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Today I played with my new EA Active bundle instead of running as planned. But it was a lightweight workout so back to running again tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up. Keeps it from getting boring and stale. ***cheering you on***

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Thought I'd be aching after yesterdays run, but feel fine so will be trying the same again on a slightly longer route tonight I think :)

Push yourself, but don't hurt yourself... injuries aren't worth the time and pain!

Stretch it out and take a nice WARM bath ~

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I packed healthy options for work today. Just being prepared is a good thing for me. No junk for me regardless what co-workers bring in to tempt me. "no thanks i just ate" will be todays re-occuring theme!

You'll be surprised, your good habits will eventually catch on and be contagious.

You'll be your office's motivating factor shortly, you'll see.

~katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    completed day 5 of 30day shred level one this morning at 5am, I will be doing it for the 2nd time this afternoon before heading to my 2nd job

Holy Cow! Where do you get the energy???

Absolutely keep it moving~

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I kind of slacked off a little yesterday. I didn't work out at all! But today i plan to walk at least two miles on the treadmill cause it's windy and cold outside and later to do 30ds. Yay!

You're allowed, we all do it, but make that the exception to the rule! For every lazy day, try to put in three good ones, in a row!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? Only just seen this thread.. boo for me :P
    This week I have 3 goals:

*drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    *do not eat after 8pm
    *exercise in one way or another every day, whether it be on the Wii Fit, Dog walks or running :)

Nailed all of the above today.... would have completely slacked if it had not been for this challenge, so thanks you :D

*10 glasses of water
    *eating my last meal shortly at 7pm
    *just completed a 20 minute run (10:00 pace) and 40 minute brisk walk (4mph)

My run was one of my best in some time, especially considering that I've had over a month off, pretty happy with today!

Day 2!

*10 glasses of water again, this felt harder today,, not sure why.
    *eating my last meal now at 8.30pm (I finished work much later unexpectedly, so this is the earliest I could do dinner, to me it counts ;))
    *pushed a bit more with running and went on for 3 extra minutes (9:53 pace), not much I know but I planned to do another half mile as I was feeling good but my boyfriend who ran with me tonight got a knee twinge so we had to walk the rest, with 12 minutes brisk walking for the warm up/cool down.

Enjoying this challenge so far... keep up the good work everyone!!

You're doing excellent yourself lady!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Don't forget to try to push one another guys!

The goals are individual right now but we can also gain a lot as a GROUP!!!

Keep encouraging one another and you will ALL win!:flowerforyou:

~ katie
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Today I got up and did my interval run goal which was easier than mon. I am now sore from doing the Wii EA Active workout yesterday, which i wouldn't have thought was even hard enough to have an effect.
    I resisted junk food at a morning tea @ work today by making low carb, low cal, low fat marshmallows, and taking those (which were a hit, thank you low carb luxury site :wink: ).
    Feel really tired tonight and have brain fog from lack of sleep last two nights, so will have to have an early one tonnight to have a good workout tomorrow morning.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Today I got up and did my interval run goal which was easier than mon. I am now sore from doing the Wii EA Active workout yesterday, which i wouldn't have thought was even hard enough to have an effect.
    I resisted junk food at a morning tea @ work today by making low carb, low cal, low fat marshmallows, and taking those (which were a hit, thank you low carb luxury site :wink: ).
    Feel really tired tonight and have brain fog from lack of sleep last two nights, so will have to have an early one tonnight to have a good workout tomorrow morning.
    [/quote

SLEEP - very important - don't skip that.
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This challenge has been harder than I thought it would be this week. I am traveling and at a conference. So, I wanted to make sure to maintain my recent commitments (eat 4 times a day, withIn an hour of waking up, and get three solid workouts in. I think the workouts are do-able but am having a hard time with the food. There just aren't good food choices available. No oatmeal or healthy cereal at breakfast, no AM snack, and plenty of calories for lunch and dinner, not counting the adult beverages. I'm trying to temper some of it by limiting my food carbs but I haven't been super strict. Now that I'm paying attention to what I'm eating, I understand why dieting and travel is a tough combo. I brought some healthy snacks and picked up a few others, so that will help. I'm also hoping all the walking is helping. I'll count this week as a win if I don't gain and keep my workout commitments. There's a group 5k in the morning (NOT on my original plan) - here's hoping I don't embarrass myself! Thanks for helping me write that all down. It will make my food choices for the next two days easier. :)
  • sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    I did Level 3 of 30DS, but couldn't hold my plank for more than 35 seconds. Probably because level 3 totally kicks my butt! I do my plank after completing 30DS by that time I am halfway dead :laugh: I'll do better tomorrow since I'm rotating back to Level 1.

Thanks again for the motivation!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    This challenge has been harder than I thought it would be this week. I am traveling and at a conference. So, I wanted to make sure to maintain my recent commitments (eat 4 times a day, withIn an hour of waking up, and get three solid workouts in. I think the workouts are do-able but am having a hard time with the food. There just aren't good food choices available. No oatmeal or healthy cereal at breakfast, no AM snack, and plenty of calories for lunch and dinner, not counting the adult beverages. I'm trying to temper some of it by limiting my food carbs but I haven't been super strict. Now that I'm paying attention to what I'm eating, I understand why dieting and travel is a tough combo. I brought some healthy snacks and picked up a few others, so that will help. I'm also hoping all the walking is helping. I'll count this week as a win if I don't gain and keep my workout commitments. There's a group 5k in the morning (NOT on my original plan) - here's hoping I don't embarrass myself! Thanks for helping me write that all down. It will make my food choices for the next two days easier. :)

In my case, when there are no healthy options I just eat the unhealthy food in just minimal portions. I think that helps.

Good luck!
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sezz. I've tried to fill my plate w more salads than other choices (watching the toppings!). Because the schedule is so far off, I find I'm eating more in general (as I'm starving by the time we fit get food). Having the snacks i bought muself today available tomorrow should help.
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Thanks, sezz. I've tried to fill my plate w more salads than other choices (watching the toppings!). Because the schedule is so far off, I find I'm eating more in general (as I'm starving by the time we fit get food). Having the snacks i bought muself today available tomorrow should help.

You're welcome! Bringing your own snacks is really a good idea. I'm going to remember that tip. :smile:
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options

Hey Mellie

I travel quite a bit with work, so I have a Tupperware box I keep in my car through the day which contains my 'healthy crap' :D I'll tell you what's in it today to maybe give some suggestions for some portable healthy snacks :)

* 2 small banana's
    * 1 red apple
    * baby carrots - sometimes this is sliced cucumber or celery or a mix of all.
    * vanilla mixed seeds
    * peanuts (they have been in the box a week or so now, not my fave but awesome if I'm flagging and need a high cal boost)
    * belvita breakfast bar - thinking of switching these out as they really aren't much better than cake :P, but they taste yummy (I fell for their marketing ploy!!)
    * low calorie cup a soups - I ask for hot water in service stations/hotels so I can make my own
    * wheat crackers - great with the cup a soup or handy when desperate enough to eat them dry
    * fruit sugar sachets
    * decaff tea bags - amazing how many places don't have decaff drinks

I usually just top up the fresh bits each morning and the longer life stuff can stay in there for a few days. I don't eat all of this lot in one day (I do nom down all the fresh fruit and veggies through the day), they are like my emergency rations for when I'm on the move or stuck at work and there is nothing healthy in sight.

Also by snacking on the healthier things I carry around I find that at meal times I don't feel the need to eat a big lunch or dinner and am happier to slap on lots more salad.

This is also a work in progress for me though too as I in the past have been tempted away from my magic box and into a drive through.... putting my foot down now though ha ha! :)

The single most thing that has helped me though is to try plan when I will eat in my day before hand, either the morning or on the night before. I used to just eat, then log what I had to find I had gone over my limit, then beat myself up about it. I'm very un-organised in myself some times so just making this change helped me keep on track.

Let us all know how you get on today :)
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym despite a terrible snow storm. On a good note the gym was dead and i pushed it hard thinking of this group working hard during this challenge. Reading everyones posts and you guys are doing great...keep it coming. katiebythebay you are awesome!