Low Carb Muffin in a Minute!

Options

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I tried making these in the tupperware lids to make a burger bun and they turned out so dry that they just crumbled up! My burger fell completely apart and ended up just eating the burger patty and cheese, again. Any tips? The recipe said to cook each half for 60 seconds, but would cooking it less time be better?

Hey, it can be a bit trial and error. A few tips:

- add a tsp (or two) of olive oil or butter to make it moister.

- cook for a few seconds less (take maybe 10 seconds off the time, then if still dry take 15 off).

It may take several attempts but once you've mastered your method you will know forever!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just do mine in a storage bowl and cut it in half sometimes I can cut it into 3-4 slices if the bowl is the right size
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Bump!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tried making these in the tupperware lids to make a burger bun and they turned out so dry that they just crumbled up! My burger fell completely apart and ended up just eating the burger patty and cheese, again. Any tips? The recipe said to cook each half for 60 seconds, but would cooking it less time be better?

Hey, it can be a bit trial and error. A few tips:

- add a tsp (or two) of olive oil or butter to make it moister.

- cook for a few seconds less (take maybe 10 seconds off the time, then if still dry take 15 off).

It may take several attempts but once you've mastered your method you will know forever!!

Thanks! I will try that!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just do mine in a storage bowl and cut it in half sometimes I can cut it into 3-4 slices if the bowl is the right size

I will try this too, thanks!! :)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Omg I loved this! I was skeptic about the bread thing until I tried it today and it tasted amazing. Thanks for sharing those recipes! You've made my day! x
  • angelareads
    Options
    I'm new to MIM and I was wondering where you get 'flax meal'? do you grind your own flax seeds or is it available somewhere?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I bought it at Wegmans in the natural foods section.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Denisefitpal66
    Denisefitpal66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning:
    1 8oz pkg cream cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 cup splenda
    splash of vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Soften cream cheese. Mix all ingredients until smooth. Fill 6 muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes. Just ate one warm and loved it!
  • tiffneyduke
    Options
    BUMP
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    We have Splenda in the big bag--is a packet a tsp of Splenda?
    I have tried these...they are great, still can't figure out what to put the "bread" in. Could someone give approximate dimensions.
    I've tried little square containers etc, tried changing the time, just can't get bread slices to work.
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    bump
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These muffins are exactly what a low-carber needs and wants!!!

I love the fact that you can mix and interchange and really not screw it up too bad. It's a little bready muffin that I have been craving in the morning.

I made mine with::: 1 egg, 1 tbsp ground flax, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 2 tsp almond butter, scant baking powder.
    Microwave for a minute & it puffed into this fantastic muffin.
    Used a little cream cheese mixed with splenda and cinnamon for a topping/frosting.

Awesome-- three stars --thanks for the ideas!!!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    am so excited to try the original cinnamon muffin this arvo as my late afternoon snack. Just found linseed meal (in australia). I am on my second week of induction but am also at that 'sweet time of the month' if you know what i mean, lol, so this should help me through. also, need some extra fibre. Thanks for posting!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wonder if these will work with oatbran instead of flaxseed? Out of eggs at the mo but will try when I've been shopping.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i had enough carbs leftover yesterday, so I made dessert. A MIM ORIGINAL, topped with half a slice of the jello cheesecake (orange flavour). Holy crap it was good :)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Today I added 2 cut up fresh strawberries, some walnuts and half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Was excellent! I want to try the coconut one next but add strawberries to it as well. YUM. These are my everyday breakfast, I love these!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I wanna try using the savory version and making it the crust for mini pizzas lol
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump