week 17/01 thru 23/01

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I just watched some videos about doing squats and saw that there are some different kinds......I like the ones I'm doing....i also got some ideas about using dumbbells to make the squats more challenging....many of my squats are done while holding a dog on a leash or brushing and flossing my teeth, so holding a dumbbell won't work then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: February 7--Tuesday
    220 squats :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Alltalk, congrats on upping it to 200

:bigsmile: MuffRuff, glad you're feeling better and hope you're totally better real soon.
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Another great day to workout! Hope everyone is well.

Muffruff, hope you are feeling better, go girl you reached 10,000 squats, very inspiring, well done.

Day 46 - 200 squats for me - 54 Days to go.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: I noticed that I had been doing 220 squats a day for about a week so today I got to 240.......I'll aim for that for awhile :bigsmile:

total so far
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Good for you barbiecat, nice one! They are getting easier, so may need squat out a few more!

Feb 09 - Day 47 - 200 squats done - 53 Days to go for me.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    240 Squats today Thursday :flowerforyou:
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Feb 10 - Day 48 - 200 Squats done - 52 Days to go for me. Pretty intense training today to make up for my daughters birthday dinner I just had, plus a couple of red wines.
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put down my squats for yesterday.

02/09/2012 - 500 squats and 10,500 so far
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think it was unrealistic to think that I could maintain 240 squats a day even on days with strength training, or four hours of dance classes so today i will be happy with 200 squats. :bigsmile:
  • alltalk199
    Options
    OMG!! So did my first 500 squats, thought I would give it a go, push the legs, well well well, amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it. Thankyou muffruff. I am definately feeling the burn, will see how I am tomorrow morning. I'm off to do more stretching.

Well done barbiecat!

Feb 11 – 500 squats – Day 49 – 51 Days to go – Total 6900
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of you are doing 500 squats a day, that is magnificent, great work people,
    I have done my 200 for the day, I think I'm training a little hard and finding it difficult to keep up, but I will keep up :happy:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think the few of us who are still posting on this challenge have forgotten that the challenge was 100 squats a day :laugh: we are all doing an awesome job :bigsmile:

:laugh: yesterday I said it was unrealistic to think I could do 240 squats a day and then today I did 280 and 40 of them were done with five pound dumbbell overhead raises between squats:laugh: and 20 of them holding 10 pound dumbbells in each hand......adding these sets to my two or three times a week strength training program seems like a good idea :bigsmile:
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Good job barbiecat!

So pumped up today, I couldn't help but do another 500 squats, who knows how long I can keep this up, but it's challenging me and I love it. Wow, this is an awesome feeling.

Half way thru and I am here till the end - 100 Days, regardless.

Feb 12 – 500 squats – Day 50 – 50 Days to go for me.
  • cswearingen
    cswearingen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there....do the 100 daily!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I just figured out that today is day #51 for me.......so I am starting the second half of the 100 day challenge :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

240 squats today
    yippee :bigsmile:
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Well done barbiecat, 51 days, that is awesome!
    Another great workout today and squats all done as well. I know I have said it a few times now, but I'm loving this challenge so much that I'm even doing my squats during morning tea and lunch breaks at work, hahahahahha!!

Feb 13 – 500 squats – Day 51 – 49 Days to go for me, Oh Yeah!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Monday February 13
    200 squats :bigsmile: :bigsmile: day 52 :bigsmile:

doing squats during your break is awesome
    that's what makes squats so great
    you can do them anywhere with no special clothes and no special equipment:bigsmile:
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Feb14 – 500 squats – Day 52 – 48 Days to go for me.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Sabrina and today will be Day 1 for me. I'm so excited to see the difference at the end of my 100 days. I should take some before pics.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Sabrina and today will be Day 1 for me. I'm so excited to see the difference at the end of my 100 days. I should take some before pics.

Welcome, Sabrina, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress......be careful with the squats----they can be addictive:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sns101098
    Options
    2/7- Done
    2/8- Done
    2/9- Done
    2/10- Done
    2/11- Done
    2/12- Done
    2/13- Done

70 days behind me and only 30 more to go!!