What's your ride

Options

Replies

• ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks find my weight problem comes from eating little for a few days then having a day of exces. Need to stop for three meals a day every day. WWhat's your ride?
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined the group, been riding for about 41 years started with a Suzuki k10 80 now ride the chopped sporty in the profile pic. Had way too many bikes to list but love all styles and bikes . Used go race but being over weight has stopped that Dao need to looseabout 50kgs. My wife has just lost 50kgs so the pressure is on.

Welcome . Nice Sporty!
    Sounds familiar. 43 years riding myself, tried racing(crashed out, little damage to me, big damage to bike, so ended that experience) did trackdays for years until got too chunky. Good luck!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Thanks find my weight problem comes from eating little for a few days then having a day of exces. Need to stop for three meals a day every day. WWhat's your ride?

I have an '01 Heritage Springer and an '05 Heritage. I really need to get my act together and post some pix, but there are pix of each in my profile photos.

My old man has a '62 Ironhead project bike. It was his daily rider for years, but he was in a crash and can't kick now, so maybe someday we will get it running again and I will ride it :smokin:
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Hi just joined the group, been riding for about 41 years started with a Suzuki k10 80 now ride the chopped sporty in the profile pic. Had way too many bikes to list but love all styles and bikes . Used go race but being over weight has stopped that Dao need to looseabout 50kgs. My wife has just lost 50kgs so the pressure is on.

Welcome . Nice Sporty!
    Sounds familiar. 43 years riding myself, tried racing(crashed out, little damage to me, big damage to bike, so ended that experience) did trackdays for years until got too chunky. Good luck!
    \
    Thanks so far so good weight is slowly coming off and not really missing foods or alcohol yet.
  • ftwmc
    Options
    My old man has a '62 Ironhead project bike. It was his daily rider for years, but he was in a crash and can't kick now, so maybe someday we will get it running again and I will ride it :smokin:
    [/quote]
    Love the old ironheads they have some real class, nice chopped too
  • TheVillageNut
    TheVillageNut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 2006 Harley Electra Glide Classic. Lot's of accessories on it. My wife rides a 2003 Honda VTX 1800 C.
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2012 HD CVO Softail Convertible.

8660888330_3a377da9c1.jpg
  • nicesunrs
    Options
    I have a Heritage Duluxe.. weather is FINALLY warming up and my bike is out of storage! Looking forward to getting to know all of you :)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow sport bike rider! :D

I've been riding for about 6 years now, I have an 06 Suzuki GSXR 600 that I race and do track days with and an 08 Suzuki GSXR 600 that I "putt" around town on ;)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    ... I have an 06 Suzuki GSXR 600 that I race and do track days with and an 08 Suzuki GSXR 600 that I "putt" around town on ;)

Our friends are getting into racing. I will admire y'all from the grandstands LOL.
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i have a 2005 buell Firebolt xb9r, originally it was a xb9sx lightning city x. I love this bike but hopefully ill have an upgrade by the end of the summer.

I love to see other female Sportbike riders!

I have 2011 Ninja 650R... as seen in my profile pic.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    The 650R is a really nice bike!

JM
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm a newbie on this group. Love it! I'm excited to find this group. Everyone's bikes look amazing. I've been riding for a while now. But always had a sportster. My BFF finally let me get a bigger bike. Woop-woop! I have this awesome RED Fatboy 2011. I'm so porud of it. Now that I have lost 48lbs all I want to do is ride everywhere. Just recently I was asked to be in a Harley Davidson Commercial. That was GREAT! It sure builds up the confidence. Can't waite to see some more bikes on here. Thank You for letting me share my news!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Hi Katydid, welcome! Can we see your TV commercial?????? Congrats on your RED Fatboy.:bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Traded in my old Heritage Classic for a new 2013 this spring. Love the 103 CI. Been riding since 1974, first years on trail bikes. Now I just do highway riding. ;)
  • becalynz
    Options
    Just joined the group. I ride a '05 Sporty 883 custom, pic is on my profile page. I love, love, love it!

Some nice bikes on here, thanks all for posting the pics! :glasses:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I recently traded my SV650 for a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja

2013-08-03150451_zps74b637ad.jpg

It is a work in progress. I had a minor accident on it shortly after buying it and went about redoing the fairings because I felt that the OEM look (silver w/ red flames) was juvenile looking.

I think that after it's paid off I will consider converting it into a dedicated track bike and buying something else for the street. I don't feel that the powerband characteristics of a 600 Supersport are appropriate for street riding and more low/midrange biased power delivery would be more preferable in the street.

I have no idea why the pic won't post. Apparently MFP doesn't like photobucket?
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I recently traded my SV650 for a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja

2013-08-03150451_zps74b637ad.jpg

It is a work in progress. I had a minor accident on it shortly after buying it and went about redoing the fairings because I felt that the OEM look (silver w/ red flames) was juvenile looking.

I think that after it's paid off I will consider converting it into a dedicated track bike and buying something else for the street. I don't feel that the powerband characteristics of a 600 Supersport are appropriate for street riding and more low/midrange biased power delivery would be more preferable in the street.

I have no idea why the pic won't post. Apparently MFP doesn't like photobucket?

I agree, My last inline bike was a ZX6, and that was quite a while ago. I've been on twins every since both on the street and for trackdays.
  • rrobsgirl
    rrobsgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My bike is a can am....I love it! Went for a ride in the Angeles Forest yesterday. Was so much fun...
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Hello all, I just found out about this group! I currently have 6 bikes (I forgot one in my post in the chit chat thread lol). My daily rider is a 2001 CVO Road Glide Harley, I have two Honda dirt bikes, and three classic bikes - a BSA Victor 441, Suzuki GT750, and a old Suzuki TS250.