ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Welcome!

A biker *and* a firefighter... Be still my heart :love:

Thank you!:)
  • Kwissy1
    Kwissy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Christina. I just joined this group and my risde is a 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT. My first bike was a 2007 Suzuki VS800, sweet ride. Hubby rides a 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Gots more then a few pounds to shed so any support and/or encouragement is welcome. I'll respond in kind. I live just south of Calgary, Alberta near High River.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina, welcome!
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    hello. just joined, been MFP'ing for about 5 months. Riding for about 7 years.

2004 Ducati Monster 620. Fun little bike that's cheap to insure, easy on gas, and takes me everywhere from commuting to 3,000 mile road trips. I like all bikes, sportbikes, cruisers, standards, dualsports.. I'm particular to naked bikes and vintage standards.

This was just a quick trip Monday:

1014-ACH_0002.jpg
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nice pic, nice bike!
    Welcome!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm selling my Ninja and getting either the new Yamaha FZ-09 or a KTM Duke 690. They provide more of the type of ride I'm looking for.
  • gsfreeman2
    gsfreeman2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on MFP a couple of years and I must first say, losing weight (I've lost 100 lbs. and have kept off 90 by exercise and food changes only) has made riding tons more fun!!!

I'm 46 now and have been riding since college. I live in Minnesota. My choice of bike has truly been all over the board.

I currently have a 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 "Wee Strom" ABS. However, I've also had:
    * 1999 Yamaha Roadstar
    * 2002 BMW R1150GS
    * 2001 Aprilia Falco
    * 1995 Honda VFR750
    * 1998 Harley Road Glide
    * 1997 Honda Valkyrie
    * 1992 Suzuki GSX-1100-G (the shaft-driven model)
    * 1980 Yamaha XS1100
    * 1982 Honda CB900F
    * 1978 Yamaha XS500
    * 1978 Hondamatic 400

Among others.

Looking forward to chatting more, especially since (boo hiss) our riding season in MN is rapidly coming to an end.

Keep the rubber side down, all!

--Greg
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    nice resume greg.

I have a buddy who swears by his old V Strom. I can't get over the name so I'd never be able to own one ;)

part of me hopes my duc runs forever. the other part always wants a new bike.
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    People who got the V Strom's do luv 'em.

One of my friends is on his second one.

Your Duc will be fine, but that won't stop the lust for something else!
  • speednut
    Options
    2012 Harley Street Glide
  • Swifty1967
    Options
    92 FXRS
  • ncast139
    Options
    '85 Yamaha VMAX 700 Red and black my fave colors...Best present ever!

~N~
  • jlasure
    Options
    Greetings All - I enjoy anything on two (2) wheels. I'm one of the road captains for the PA Chapter of the Christian Sport Bike Assn (pacsba.com) and also manage our track events for those that want to enjoy learning to be a better rider at the track. I also ride a Harley (Heritage Classic) and I'm here to trim it down and get in shape for the 2014 racing season.

The battle of the bulge is a tough one and figured it would be easier to fight it among other lovers of the road. Our club activity is "ride to eat" since all our rides have scheduled lunch locations, which have the most yummy foods - so it's a battle, but I'm here. If there are any other sport bike riders, please give me a tap anytime - we're always looking for riders to join our ranks and have fun with us.

Let's make 2014 our year to shed this unwanted weight!

PS - how do you add pictures to these messages?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    '96 Harley Sportster 883. I bought it in the fall of 2011 with only 11,000 original miles on it, still mint.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Traded my 1997 Royal Star in yesterday. Saw a 2012 Road Star Silverado yesterday. White. Had to have it. Handles much nicer than the old Royal Star did.