Bump
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Everything looks sooo good!!!!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    These recipes look so yummy! Looking forward to great cooking! Thanks...
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    OMGunness.........I lead a sheltered life or live in a cave or something. I dont even know what half the foods y'all have listed or posted pics of are. Never heard of most of it.

....:::::this is me slinking off to that cave in embarrassment::::::.......

catnewyrresolutionloseweightorbuybiggerbasket.jpg
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    everything goods great!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    0114131916_zps187357c8.jpg
    0114131917_zps991ed319.jpg
    Baked Chicken Leg Quarters and Spinach Carbornara Stuffed Mushrooms
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    One of my favorite summer meals is tri-tip and a tomato and cucumber salad. Tri-tip is the poor man's rib roast. Cooked right, it is as flavorful, juicy and tender (almost) as a great standing rib roast is. It is also a tradition in and around Santa Maria in central California. Santa Maria is where California grilling, highly influenced by the old Mexican cowboys, originates. I love tri-tip and you can get 2 of them, about 2 1/2 pounds each, at Costco for less than $25. $5/lb for quality beef is nothing to sneer at with today's grocery store prices.

tumblr_mgqnleDoRD1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg

Grilling tri-tip right is not particularly difficult, but does take some patience. You need a good digital instant read thermometer and a grill that can be set up for two-zone cooking.

1. About 2 hours prior to cooking, very liberally salt the meat. Put in refrigerator for an hour plus. This is a simple marinading and dry aging process that will greatly improve the meat.
    2. About 1 hour prior to cooking, coat with olive oil and whatever rub you are planning to use. Traditional in central California is to just use cracked pepper, kosher salt and garlic powder. However, any good beef rub that you like will be great.
    3. Set your grill up for 2 zone cooking, get the direct side nice and hot, indirect side should be 225-250 degrees.
    4. Put the tri-tip on the indirect side and cook there until the internal temp is 125 degrees.
    5. Bring the temp on the direct side to the highest level that you can (have the tri-tip resting off the grill while doing this, it won't cool off)
    6. Put the trip on the direct heat and sear for 3-4 minutes until you get good, dark, carmelized grill stripes. Do same on other side.
    7. Let the tri-tip stand for 10 minutes under tented foil. Internal temp will rise to medium-rare
    8. Carve and serve. Carve by doing this: cut the tri-tip in half across the narrow portion of the roast. Turn each half 90 degrees, then slice.

Accompany with favorite salad. Traditionally it should be served with garlic bread, too. We'll forgo that guilty pleasure :wink:
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Maybe if I start cooking like this I could loose some weight
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Grilled meat and salads are one of my favorite ways to eat. My favorite website to learn how to cook really well on the grill is Amazing Ribs: http://www.amazingribs.com.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0114131916_zps187357c8.jpg
    0114131917_zps991ed319.jpg
    Baked Chicken Leg Quarters and Spinach Carbornara Stuffed Mushrooms
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!

I'm originally from California and a big fan of tri-tip. Especially good with the Santa Maria rub topped with fresh salsa on a garlic bun.
    Moved here to the midwest 10 yrs ago and have since introduced it to folks here.

Thanks for sharing:smile:
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite summer meals is tri-tip and a tomato and cucumber salad. Tri-tip is the poor man's rib roast. Cooked right, it is as flavorful, juicy and tender (almost) as a great standing rib roast is. It is also a tradition in and around Santa Maria in central California. Santa Maria is where California grilling, highly influenced by the old Mexican cowboys, originates. I love tri-tip and you can get 2 of them, about 2 1/2 pounds each, at Costco for less than $25. $5/lb for quality beef is nothing to sneer at with today's grocery store prices.

tumblr_mgqnleDoRD1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg

Grilling tri-tip right is not particularly difficult, but does take some patience. You need a good digital instant read thermometer and a grill that can be set up for two-zone cooking.

1. About 2 hours prior to cooking, very liberally salt the meat. Put in refrigerator for an hour plus. This is a simple marinading and dry aging process that will greatly improve the meat.
    2. About 1 hour prior to cooking, coat with olive oil and whatever rub you are planning to use. Traditional in central California is to just use cracked pepper, kosher salt and garlic powder. However, any good beef rub that you like will be great.
    3. Set your grill up for 2 zone cooking, get the direct side nice and hot, indirect side should be 225-250 degrees.
    4. Put the tri-tip on the indirect side and cook there until the internal temp is 125 degrees.
    5. Bring the temp on the direct side to the highest level that you can (have the tri-tip resting off the grill while doing this, it won't cool off)
    6. Put the trip on the direct heat and sear for 3-4 minutes until you get good, dark, carmelized grill stripes. Do same on other side.
    7. Let the tri-tip stand for 10 minutes under tented foil. Internal temp will rise to medium-rare
    8. Carve and serve. Carve by doing this: cut the tri-tip in half across the narrow portion of the roast. Turn each half 90 degrees, then slice.

Accompany with favorite salad. Traditionally it should be served with garlic bread, too. We'll forgo that guilty pleasure :wink:
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Love it!!!

I'm originally from California and a big fan of tri-tip. Especially good with the Santa Maria rub topped with fresh salsa on a garlic bun.
    Moved here to the midwest 10 yrs ago and have since introduced it to folks here.

I'm originally from the Sierra Nevada foothills, Loomis if you know where that is. My mother's family is from the San Joaquin valley. Tri-Tip is certain to be on the menu at any of our summer get togethers. I've since moved to Seattle and have had to adapt to cooking it in 60 degree rainy weather .... still, love it.

Yeah, love tri-tip with garlic bread .... but bread and I no longer get along well, so I have to make do without.
    Glad you liked the post and the pic. I'll post more grilling type pics and recipes if people are interested.
  • Denisejonel
    Denisejonel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, what is the green pepper recipe? Looks delicious!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0121131726_zps0ba9e255.jpg
    Paleo/ Low Carb All meat Chili
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0123131827_zps8c30afdd.jpg

Grilled Chicken Chunks, Topped with Sweet Potatoes Slices, Sandwiched Between is Fetta Cheese and Wrapped in Prosciutto.

Sorry about the paper plate, we ain't fancy at my house! hahaha
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0128131837_zpsadc5f7b6.jpg
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0129131644_zpscb880569.jpg
    Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Garlic
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    New to the group but not to low carb... here are a couple of meals I made recently!

li3wZhx.jpg
    Sausage, bacon, egg and cheese muffin with almond flour minute-biscuit.

Zfu5h.jpg
    Holy grail pizza - almond flour + cheese crust with loads of cheese and pepperoni.