Pics of our meals.

Options

Replies

• rustythezippergirl
    Options
    breakfast, used the egg rings, and put in mex mix cheese after they were done cooking. dropped the spinach into the bacon fat, added a little lemon juice to it.

7638872156_f0919686cf.jpg
    breakfast by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

love the pico de gallo with eggs, it's from goya and is low carb.

7638870718_8781d71f95.jpg

i don't think i really needed to wilt the spinach. but it tasted delicious.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    7640286076_49c62781e5.jpg
    mojo salmon and broccoli slaw by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

stir-fried "broccoli slaw" and grilled mojo salmon. my first time cooking salmon. not sure i liked it, had skin on it, then a weird brown layer under the skin, and white slimy blobs oozing out while it cooked. once i scraped all that stuff off, there wasn't much left. rofl. the dogs loved all the icky parts, though, and at least it didn't have any bones.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Flaked wild Alaskan pink salmon on a bed of snow peas, water chestnuts, portobello mushrooms, onion, sesame seeds, tofu shirataki noodles and bean sprouts stir fried in sesame oil and tamari

IMAG0420.jpg
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Basil pesto, mozzarella, ground beef on Cedar's lowcarb wrap

IMAG0421.jpg
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    droool, lowcarbNY. bread, huh? woohoo. i've been missing pizza. looking for an alternative. i have a thought to use mini fillo shells. will share when it happens.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping for them all!!!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....Bacon wrapped rotisserie tenderloin and asparagus. :love:

IMG_20120721_200807.jpg

IMG_20120721_202824-1.jpg
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    notnkat, now thats a nice juicy piece o' meat. can't go wrong-o with bacon.

here's a couple breakfasts, and a moco-coco smoothie:

7657517102_1d41dcd78e.jpg

7657517464_e0dcdf1f1b.jpg

instant coffee, cocoa powder and half & half

7657517614_3321911587.jpg
    mocha-choco smoothie by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    went looking for some flatout light bread at walgreens and walmart, and all they had left was smelling whole grain flatbread that gave me flashbacks to wheatina hot cereal. gawd, that stuff made me gag when momz would put it on the table some mornings. my fave was cream of wheat with lots of milk and sugar. lol

here's supper, cheap lamb blade steaks, can't be corn fed, since mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey. A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo? and all organic veggies in the wok, with no theme song. first time i have ever eaten sweet potato. was indistinguishable in the mix with ginger and some veg broth.

7658892264_cda591a189.jpg
    Grilled Lamb and Wokked Veg by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    IMAG0424.jpg

Coconut pie w/ whipped cream and raspberries
    Recipe http://swedish-diet.blogspot.com/2012/06/coconut-pie.html
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    ok, i'm thinking, how would pizza work on a big flat portobello mushroom, maybe fried first with the bacon press on it?

anyway . . . . here's breakfast.

7662253974_c61a50ba8e.jpg
    play with your food by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Love it!

Portobello works for pizza - just cook it a bit first in the oven so it doesn't hang on to too much water. It won't be a hand-held pizza (You'll need a fork/knife) like some of the other alternate crusts, but the flavors work!
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Love it!

Portobello works for pizza - just cook it a bit first in the oven so it doesn't hang on to too much water. It won't be a hand-held pizza (You'll need a fork/knife) like some of the other alternate crusts, but the flavors work!

For portobello what you want to do to keep them from being soggy is called degilling. Scrape out all the fluffy black spores laden gills. That is where the moisture mostly comes from. T teaspoon works well for this procedure
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    thank you, susannah and lowcarb, for the shroom advice. i've never tried portobellos, i'll grab some next time i hit the co-op. [degilling sounds brutal - lol]

the other face on mars, er, my plate:

7662253840_5381c45868.jpg
    play with your food by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    bored yet? i skipped supper last night, wasn't hungry . . . no wonder. lol

here's simple breakfast today. love these egg rings, but i've learned to give them a spritz of nonstick spray before i use them. keeps the cheese from glomming on.

7670209080_c6da6f20c7.jpg
    egg mcnomuffins by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    a little somethin' somethin after a five mile walk:

7678248902_a81816c466.jpg
    lunch by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First time posting pictures...So I'm sorry if I goof! I'll try to fix it.

I was excited that I was actually able to cook today so I thought I'd share my experiment.

Today I made a buttered, beer shrimp with spaghetti squash and green beans.

Shrimp.jpg

16 net carbs for the meal (if you don't end up drinking the rest of the beer you used for the shrimp!)
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Portobello, Sun-Dried Tomato Spread, sliced Sweet Italian Sausage and topped with shredded Mozzarella

IMAG0433.jpg
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Snow Peas, sliced Sweet Italian Sausage and Portobello, sauteed in coconut oil, tossed with Miracle Noodles and Alfredo Sauce, garnished with some shredded Parmesan .
    IMAG0434.jpg
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    541607_3559397709426_641649746_n.jpg
    how about a picture of my next about 10 meals....

Um, you are awesome! This inspires me because I have work starting up again very soon and I will have to get my lunches ready for a week at a time. Love it!!