Pics of our meals.

Options

Replies

• fatfighter1979
    fatfighter1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi all
    i have just joined the low carb group and so far through reading through the posts and seeing all your delicious meals im loving it!!
    you lot have given me so may recipe ideas
    cheers
    kerry :O)
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    can you tell this is my fave thread? annie - welcome, nice looking foodz. lowcarbNY: your portobella pizza [degilled] is on my list. looks delish. hi fatfighter, yep low carb ain't boring.

my beef ribs [without the boring part] last night, slow roasted in the oven, i turned them evey hour or so, for three hours at 325. came out like sweet beef lollipops.

7691230908_695849ea62.jpg
    beef ribs, slow roasted by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options

my beef ribs [without the boring part] last night, slow roasted in the oven, i turned them evey hour or so, for three hours at 325. came out like sweet beef lollipops.

Have been hungry for ribs - could you share your recipe/method? Wonder how well it would do on pork - would think just fine...
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    hi susannah!

i just put the ribs on foil in a large pan and sprinkled some powdered garlic and montreal steak seasoning on the convex side, then put them in a 325 oven. i added sliced onions to the top for the last hour--the onions add some sweetness. i use the larger aluminum foil, so i pull the extra width loosely up over the ribs a bit, leaving an inch of space down the center of the pan, i think it keeps the edges from getting too dry. you could loosely tent them, instead. every hour i flipped them so that the two sides each simmered in the fat. i don't cut them apart until they are done, to keep the meat more tender. if you poke them with a fork after a couple hours and they are soft, take them out and cut them apart.

i do this with baby back ribs and st louis ribs [pork]. you can speed it up by either boiling them for a little while before cooking, or start out with the oven at 400, then lower it to 325 after 30 minutes or so.

it's all very unstructured. lol

rusty
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    eggs, mexican shredded cheese, ham and bacon with hot sauce and pico de gallo:

7692598968_07cdd949da.jpg
    Eggs n Hot Sauce by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

jamocha smoothie, made with a can of coconut milk, some hershey's cocoa powder, decaf instant coffee, a tray of ice, a couple truvia pkgs, and a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. makes 40 oz. 12-14 carbs or so.

7692599102_8c9a6b0b41.jpg
    Jamocha Smoothie by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    baked two spaghetti squash earlier today, my first attempt, being a lifelong winter squash avoider. i laughed out loud when i started scooping out the strands. now to do some up in the wok with spinach, garlic, butter, and some bacon.

7706422490_e78be1494c.jpg
    my first spaghetti squash by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

cherry/apple/romaine smoothie:

7706421960_80280f3af4.jpg
    cherry apple kiwi romaine smoothie by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    oh wow. it's funny to find a new favorite food when you're 54. lol spaghetti squash! i like it better than pasta. after pasta i always feel like i ate a lead weight. this turned out really well.

7707061060_4fed020f09.jpg
    spaghetti squash with spinach, onions garlic and bacon by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

i even forgot the salt and pepper til i was almost finished eating. that doesn't happen very often. the bacon was nuked, since i was hungry, but it seems like you need it to balance the slightly sweet onion/squash flavors.

here's where i nabbed the reciped i started with. i used spinach instead of turnip tops, and coconut oil but much less than the recommended olive oil; just wasn't necessary.

http://cbsop.com/recipes/spaghetti-squash-with-crispy-bacon-and-turnip-greens/
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Grilled Eggplant topped with goat cheese, chipped basil and dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey & salt

IMAG0448.jpg
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Burgers, stuffed with pepper jack cheese, dusted with hickory smoked salt and (not pictured) served with Pickapeppa sauce
    IMAG0450.jpg
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    back on the meatmobile. lol

7718410926_7cec5d267d.jpg
    breakfast by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

i chopped up the bacon, five slices and cooked it 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, tumbling it a bit in btwn until it got crunchy. makes nice baco-bits.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    pepper burgers for dinner:

7720450572_21cc02f0f6.jpg
    bacon cheeseburgers with mushrooms by Rusty Clark, on Flickr

i used sour cream on top. it was great.
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Cedars low carb rollup wrap filled with smashed avocado and smoked Atlantic salmon.

GC Scandanavian Bran Crisps topped with smashed avocado, smoked salmon, capers and coarse ground pepper.

photo.jpg
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    0806121825.jpg
    10 hour roasted caujin pork butt, and roasted zucchini
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    33kpy6o.jpg

Grilled Salmon w/ Lemon Pepper
    Chopped Cherry Tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro
    Avacado
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Teriyaki marinate pork tenderloin, wrapped in bacon and smoke baked on the grill.
    IMAG0451.jpg
  • christie5683
    Options
    Bump
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    This was my lunch at Noodles and Co. today. You can get a nice low carb meal even at a place with "Noodles" in the title, and they don't even blink an eye at your order. Love it!

7797669274_081e24ce45.jpg

Caesar Salad, no croutons, with marinated steak and the Thai Curry soup without the rice noodles. Very tasty. It didn't look like there was much steak in the salad, but there was a nice serving, and it was super tender and yummy,
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    pepper burgers for dinner:

i used sour cream on top. it was great.

Um, those burgers look awesome!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    rgyBD.jpg
    Ddre7.jpg
    kB03oh.jpg
    BKZLQ.jpg
    WUl30.jpg
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    digital camera images are always too big for this site, arg!