Replies

• DJoyner260
    DJoyner260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lexington, SC
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    THE QUEEN CITY! Charlotte, North Carolina!

And before that, Raleigh (the Capital City of Oaks) -Durham (The Bull City).
  • sc_bride
    sc_bride Posts: 4
    Options
    Recently moved to Fort Mill and desperate for friends in the area!!! Add me if you're close!
  • DJoyner260
    DJoyner260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Born, raised, and live in the budding metropolis of Lexington, SC
  • stephbarr107
    stephbarr107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anderson, SC, transplanted from Chicago area back in 2004.
  • iwillsucceed4me
    iwillsucceed4me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Born in Pelzer; Raised in Greenville; followed Navy husband all over the US and Pacific. Now I live in Bluffton (near Beaufort & Hilton Head). I love this area, but NOTHING COMPARES TO THE UPSTATE- It is "God's Country".
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    North Carolina ... born in Monroe, grew up in Hamlet, live in Troy surrounded by the Uwharrie Mountains ... hence "Uwharrie Gold" Lived away from the state for about 25 years (Massachusetts, Kansas and Germany), Army and business. Lived in South Carolina ... Columbia and Seabrook Island. People I met from all over would always say "I love the Carolinas" or "I've always wanted to go to the Carolinas. We live in a beautiful place with a wonderful climate.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Born in Pelzer; Raised in Greenville; followed Navy husband all over the US and Pacific. Now I live in Bluffton (near Beaufort & Hilton Head). I love this area, but NOTHING COMPARES TO THE UPSTATE- It is "God's Country".
    We spent ten years living on Hilton Head Island and moved to the Upstate 10 years ago. You are right, we LOVE it here!
  • iwillsucceed4me
    iwillsucceed4me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it there. Most people move to Hilton Head, not from. It is getting more crowded on the Island now. What part of the upstate did you move to?
  • mrsw8s
    mrsw8s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I live in Charleston, SC. I have lived in Greenville, SC, Columbia and Burlington, NC over the last 6 years though. Charleston is where we call home and we are done moving!
  • jessetmia
    jessetmia Posts: 19
    Options
    It's a shame this board isn't busier.. I just moved back to Columbia after living in Miami for a few years. I can't say I missed "winter."
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Duncan, SC (Greenville/Spartanburg area)...home of the SC State High School Football Champs, the Byrnes Rebels. :glasses:
    I'm not far away. Five Forks, near Mauldin.
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    Burlington, NC. Any local peeps feel free to add! Currently looking for a running partner, my hubby quit on me! lol
  • andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im in Charlotte! If anyone is in the area and wanna be accountability partners, frend request me! :)
  • nctgreene
    nctgreene Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, I live in Gaston County, NC. Just west of Charlotte. Any 60 somethings nearby?

Nancy
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group today! I live in Matthews which is right outside of Charlotte. I am looking for some motivation to keep on moving and eating better. I have 4 kids, 19, 18, 17 and 11, I have lived my entire life for them and nothing else and its time for that to change. I am working on putting myself first while I get healthy and my kids could not be prouder of my decision.
  • dimples714
    dimples714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am originally from a small community in Lexington, NC, but now live in a small community in Salisbury, NC.
  • Nett42
    Nett42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Lynette, born and raised in Hardeeville, SC which is near Beaufort, Bluffton and Hilton Head
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm from Rock Hill, SC which is not too far from Charlotte.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if I ever replied to this thread, but I'm in Chapel Hill, NC (the REAL carolina :) ) but grew up in Cary, NC outside of Raleigh.