why are you single?

Options

Replies

• ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    In past years, was because my life and my opinion of myself got in the way.

But after alot of "work" both mentally and physically, I feel like its a new day and a new me! Still have goals to accomplish on the outside, but the inside is SO much happier and healthier.

Looking forward to seeing what (or who??) is in store for me. :bigsmile:

^^^^^^This and the other reason is that I seem to attract women who like to boil rabbits in large pots!

Haha, bunny boilers!! Not funny if you're the target, but hysterical phrase.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It'd be funny if someone said "because I'm crazy, psycho, unstable and the last 2 restraining orders are still on.."

:huh: :bigsmile:
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Divorced after 8.5 years of marriage... Sometimes people just grow apart.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Because my most recent ex-boyfriend is a self-centered, egotistical, prick... And I'd rather be single than be with ANY of my ex-boyfriends... :flowerforyou:
  • paulaSo8
    Options
    The people I want to date don't want to date me and I don't want to date the people who want to date me. I'm also very fat and very picky. If I could change one of those things, dating would probably be a lot easier for me :ohwell:

Exactly what she said =)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    when my husband went to Heaven, I declared that I would not get married again... it's been 10 years and i've been on a couple dates... I found a really good man who is now one of my best friends! I think I'm just too picky... waiting for 'my prince' to come riding in and sweep me off my feet into happily ever after land...
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    The people I want to date don't want to date me and I don't want to date the people who want to date me. I'm also very fat and very picky. If I could change one of those things, dating would probably be a lot easier for me :ohwell:

Exactly what she said =)

i used to have this exact same mind set. At times, I still have these thoughts. However, I was introduced to a curriculum that helped me clear the space. Weight has nothing to do with dating. :) Feel free to PM me if you interested to find out more about how my life changed regarding this very concept. :flowerforyou:

As a point of clarification, this is an invite to learn how dating is easy and not directly related to our own weight perceptions.
  • Miss_curvy
    Miss_curvy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Because im too sexy for my ex :)

I dont know, i think its better to waste the time in myself, doing exercise, shopping , etc... of course all of us are different
    in my case im miss independient :) sometimes... :laugh:

*sorry if i have mistakes, i dont speak english at all
  • j_emerson
    Options
    Not by choice, but learning to find myself. I've been divorced since Sept 2009. Less than a year into my marriage, my husband decided my best friend (or so I thought) was better for him. They went behind my back from Feb to June 2009 until he decided he got everything he could out of me (financially) and left. I've dated since then, but was never happy. Finally realized until I'm happy with myself, I'll never be truly happy in any aspect of my life.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options

Exactly what she said =)

Yep same here!!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Because I'd rather be single than in a miserable relationship.
    ^^ Exactly! ^^
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm in a period of transition in my life. City to city, life stage to life stage, it's hard for it to happen right now, as it has been for the last two years.
    I'm shy around people I like. I'm outgoing around people I'm not interested in, but (and because) they don't see the whole me.
    I just haven't met the right person yet (pretty sure there's only one person out there odd enough to be a match, lol).

In short: It'll happen when it happens. It hasn't happened yet.
  • Karis5401
    Options
    because I need to work on myself before I can work on a relationship. I am also very over weight and that doesn't make men want to date me at all.
  • naedaily
    naedaily Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am single because: (in no particular reason)
    1. My heart was broken at 21 and I didn't feel like dating for years after that.
    2. The guys I meet I am not attracted to
    3. I don't like dating random guys, I prefer to know them on a friend base before hand
    4. Language barrier - when I decided I wanted to date, I moved to a different country. Living in Japan and not knowing enough Japanese makes it really hard to find a cute little Japanese man to date.
    5. Japanese men - they are really shy and you always have to make the first move.
    6. I don't believe in making the first move. I'm an old school romantic and believe in the guy making the first move.
    7. I am fat, not to mention I don't think I am very beautiful.
    8. Self confidence - Number 7 is the reason I have low self confidence.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I get one type of guy that approaches me, but I refuse to settle. Plus I feel God is still working on me and him, whomever he may be. I want to be ready when I meet him and I pray that my next relationship will be my last.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    my husband cheated on me for 3 years and I was oblivious. I work in child care and I have no idea where to go or how to meet a decent guy. My trust level is not very high right now. But as pay back I did drop 45 pounds and he wants me back and can't have me now.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I already answered this question but I have a more succinct version.

I have not yet become who I'm supposed to be, and without that, I can't find who I'm supposed to be with.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This is how I feel, except not many people want to date me. I think I have a wall built up because of being hurt in the past.
  • jpruth
    Options
    Someone claimed I was emotionally unavailable because she never personally saw me in a relationship. I said that I don't give chase just because someone is cute.

She didn't get it.

I wanted to elaborate that I'm more interested in a woman who reads Shakespeare rather than watches "Jersey Shore" but it didn't seem worth explaining further.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Due to the oilfield influx of a small city, the ratio of guys to girls is 22:1 (best guess, ha), so it's hard to meet that perfect woman who's not already taken.