Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I used your injury pic in discussion of what happens when you get stung by an urchin. Our story today talked about avoiding urchins. lol

Ok, I"m going to the gym to start stage 6.

No Mardi Gras here, but we did celebrate national pancake day, I cooked :)

YEs, rugelach/rugula is the croissant looking Jewish cookie. So good.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Back from gym!
    Negative chin up 30 secs
    Lat pull down 10x2 max weight 125
    split squat 2x10@50
    push ups 2x10
    The last set of split squats nearly killed me. All of a sudden my heart was pounding in my chest. Very winded.
    It was a rough day, so pulling big weight felt awesome and empowering.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello I am staying out of the weight room. So I did some yoga and the exercise bike--- which is boring but soon I'll get on the road.
    Life is generally complicated as still dealing with childcare woes. Our childcare provider of the last three weeks no showed today for the last time.

I have seen the v shaped grippers but have not tried them.

Next time I'm on the stationary bike I will check out oxygen

Sam your lat pull downs are awesome
    Moonpie welcome back---and happy Fat Tuesday to you. My day was lacking in king cake but still managed to be over in calories!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! I'm here, but won't be lifting again until Monday. Key West was great.
    I'll get caught up on the thread soon, but hopefully everyone is doing well:)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    MoonPye - Venus is an online weight-lifting program.

samntha - glad that pic was good for something....I just see "suffering", lol. Do you use a BB for your split squats?? That's a pretty heavy weight you are pushing!!!!!

Pmagnan - your work-out totally sounds boring. Booooooooooooooo.I hope you get better soon - frustrating!!

Welcome back, BBCowgirl.

Today, I lift! I'm going to redo Phase 2 of Venus....but, I'll also have to sub-out a lot of stuff (step-ups - no, just no....). Any lower body work I'm putting in a glute move. The end.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sam, those lat pulldowns numbers....wow. Crazy impressive! I'll go sulk in my barely 70# corner over here :sad: lol j/k

Pmagnan, I'm sorry to hear about your childcare woes. I can't believe how people can be so inconsiderate. I hope you find the right person soon.

Welcome back Barbell :)

It's been a lazy start to the week but we're back in the gym today after work. It's "shark week" and honestly, all I want to do is curl up under the blankets and wait out this cold snap. Here's to hoping I can fake it til I feel it.

Happy hump day ladies!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I missed my workout yesterday to go catch another baby. Which was great, but boo for not lifting! Can't get to gym today either. Although, this is prob good for my elbow which I am prone to pushing too far at the moment.

Plan for today - a million chores/ jobs/ appts and hopefully a workout tonight.

Hope the weather improves for those of u stuck in the cold!

Jo xx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I (repeat) started Phase 2 of Venus, today....interestingly, my first go-round I started March 11, 2013!! So, it literally has been almost one year to the day!

I am lifting more weight than one year ago....that is good news ! (And, I know this because I track every work-out and every DB or BB weight at every work-out...)

My glutes are ON fire, though....DOMs is REALLY BAD, but I'll take it!

BOOM!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Way to go Beeps! How's the hand?

Welcome back Cowgirl

So tired this week. Don't get over excited about my pull downs. Remember it's two reps at a time, you can pull big with that. YEs I do my split squats with the Barbell for a total weight of 50lbs. Boy do I have DOMS today.

Off to Zumb going to try for four workouts this week. (2 lifting, 2 cardio)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    samntha - 4 work-outs in a week is AWESOME!! Congrats on THAT! And, hopefully that will help with the energy levels.

I don't seem to be "daytime tired", but I am falling asleep by 9:30 pm everynight. I am not complaining....someone told me they were taking a magnesium supplement before bed and were getting much better sleep, longer sleep, etc....so, thought I would try it and I actually believe I am having very similar results!

BOOM!

My pinky has started to get itchy, which is likely a good (healing) sign....but, can't wait to be able to SQUEEZE a DB with it, lol! I haven't been able to do deadlifts since this whole episode....tomorrow, stitched get removed. I am grateful.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Glad your healing Beeps.

I woke up so stiff and sore today I thought for sure I'd be taking a rest day, or at a min. just going and soaking in the whirlpool. However, I had a great day a work and walking up the stairs several times helped loosen me up and I felt good going home. Got my lifting done.
    One armed reverse lunge: 30 db
    Two Point row: 30 db
    DB Push Press: 20 dbs (tried the 30s, tried the 25s, had to use the 20s)
    Reverse inclined sit up
    Back extension 25 plate
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I am having a busy week and I am so missing lifting . I'm hoping to start stage seven over on Sunday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Keep up that lifting, ladies!! Every little bit counts.

I am skipping my lifting session to go have the pinky stitches removed.

Tomorrow is scheduled cardio....and Sunday I am going to take advantage of (finally!) melting temperatures and get outside and enjoy a walk.

I'll get back to regular lifting schedule, M/W/F next week!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yay no more stitches Beeps! :)

I'm sure you'll be glad to get back into it Pmagnan.

Wednesday's workout was great, I really tried to push myself. So much so that I literally felt like I was walking around with stress-balls instead buttcheeks yesterday. They were so tight!! Lol. Much looser again today and one more lifting session today before the weekend and before spring break! (I work at a University, so yes, I am 25, and yes, I still look forward to spring break :blushing:.)

Saturday there is a free beginner's crossfit workout at one of my husband and I's favorite oyster bar and tap room. I'm thinking about giving it a go even though everyone says I'm too clumsy/too prone to injury to do it. Which is probably true, but it irritates the crap out of me when someone says I can't or shouldn't do something. Okay, I'm a 5 yr old :angry:

Afterwards the place holding the workout is doing a crawfish boil, the first of the season and I KNOW we're going to that! I'm not sure what's in store for our spring break next week, other than being out of town. So I may not be on much, if at all. I'm hoping we find some fun places to do runs and hikes so even though we're not lifting next week, we'll at least be active!

Happy Friday ladies!!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Tada! I finished my last work out of phase three in the life edition! I took some measurements this morning and I've lost tiny bit in inches on my waist, hips and thighs. After my workout I went and purchased a chalk ball and a pair of lifting straps so I am ready to start my next cycle and hitting it.

I did front squats yesterday and it went a little better. The more I read about front squats I feel I need to do them. So 3 sets of 12 with the bar (45#) to start. Bench press at 55#. Single leg squats with 50# of dumbbells. I am focusing more on my intake, so I can loose some more fat.

I am taking progress photos today. I'll probably just post them in my profile.

Have a great weekend!:happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    WillLIft - I have only gone to one crawfish boil in my whole entire life, but it was a verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy FUN TIME! I'm sure you will enjoy yourself immensely!

Yay for measurements, rocky!!! front squats were always one of my favourites...I haven't done them in a long time and I'm sure I'd be starting off with only a broomstick handle, for weight, all over again....
  • samntha14
    Options
    Way to go Will Lifts and get that crossfit done. I was a clumsy mess too before lifting. Amazing how all those balance exercises actually work.

Rocky, the front squat was my nemesis. doing the 45lb bar is great. the low weight always frustrated me.

So I just about went into insulin shock last night. I have only myself to blame. I ran my body into the ground. I was exhausted and just kept going and didn't get nearly enough sleep all week. Then I idiotically tried to make up my calorie deficit with carbs and sugar. BAD IDEA!! I went into convulsions at midnight. Luckily I have a supper smart husband who knew exactly what I needed and got it to me and carried me to bed, made we control my breathing and calm down. He's a keeper :) I felt tired today, no lasting effects. Taking the night off the gym.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have been sick and in bed since my last post. I tried to lift on Wednesday and just couldn't. So I went home, thinking I would go to work but I dumped that idea too and went to bed - the fever was the worst, I shivered under piles of blankets for 2 days. Today is the first day I've felt human since then. Still heavy congestion but at least the fever is subsiding. I don't think I will workout tomorrow either, and all I want to do is eat squishy comfort food. I am such a wimp when I'm sick!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Geezuz, samntha, that sounds AWFUL!

sue- hope you feel better very soon!

I am off to cardio class....i've missed my gym-lady-friends!

ZOOM!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, everyone has been unwell - hope you all get better ASAP!

I'm waiting on my update from the folks at ETP after 2 weeks of eating more, doing less and monitoring weight .... Can't wait to see what they suggest next! Combat for me this morning - then home to work on my assignment :-/