Daily Chat Thread

Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
So many of us follow each other all over mfp and I thought this could be ONE place where we could gather, on a daily basis, to report about ANYTHING.

It doesn't JUST have to be NROL4W-related....but, since we are ALL members of the NROL4W group, it makes it one easy place to "catch-up" on how our NROL4W mfp friends are DOING!

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Last night was my V-Day dinner. I started with an arugula salad and arctic char. And my main course was ahi tuna with an olive polenta and sauteed arugula.

Believe it or not, even with 2 alcoholic beverages, I stayed UNDER my daily calorie allowance.

Not what was intended, but that's how it happened.

PS - my husband had the 5-course V-Day feast and it looked pretty scrumptious. But, I stuck to my fish. And I'm happy with that choice.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    :heart: this!

My glutes hurt from the "static lunges with rear foot elevated." That's a good sign, right? :bigsmile:
  • carrie_eggo
    Last night was my V-Day dinner. I started with an arugula salad and arctic char. And my main course was ahi tuna with an olive polenta and sauteed arugula.

Believe it or not, even with 2 alcoholic beverages, I stayed UNDER my daily calorie allowance.

Not what was intended, but that's how it happened.

PS - my husband had the 5-course V-Day feast and it looked pretty scrumptious. But, I stuck to my fish. And I'm happy with that choice.

Yum! And good job!
  • carrie_eggo
    So far this has not been the best day. I've dealt with a pee bed (my 7yo son), a dead fish (big one), and puke (1yo I babysit for)...all before 8:30am. And I'm still sick, and I need a nap. I'm glad this is a rest day.
  • Beeps2011
    ahhhh, so the day starts of not well, carrie....BUT, your glutes hurt, which is AWESOME!
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    I think sore glutes are a good thing!

Beeps, your dinner sounded yummy! I had pizza and boneless wings.....I was definitely NOT under my calorie goal!
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Ok first of all my name is Sherri. I'm new to this group I haven't posted anything yet bc I feel like I need to reread the book. I posted on stage 1 as well. I did A stage 1 on Tuesday, should I of done B Wed? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    You need 48 hours rest period between the strength-work-outs, sherri.

So, if you did A1 on Tuesday, you can do B1 Thursday (or later).
  • Beeps2011
    Today isn't a weight-training day for me, anyways. I'll do HIIT on the bike and some stretching. But, first I have to get a TON of work done....I'll be staying late tonight at the office, in any event. I need to get to it!

I'll check back in later and see how everyone is doing, today!!

Welcome, all!

:happy:
  • carrie_eggo
    Helloitsdan is getting on my nerves. There, I said it.
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Great idea to start this thread Beeps. I'm am really feeling Stage 4. Have been exhausted and sore but in a good way. Have had to break it up a little where I did my static lunges and push press yesterday after doing the rest of it on Tuesday. Combined it with some steady state cardio. Will do HIIT today and on to Stage 4 B2 tomorrow. Clothes feeling increasingly loose. I think I had calculated some of my numbers wrong because when I first looked at chart my BMI was 25 and I'm over 35 but realized it's more like 24.something so trying to eat closer to maintenance. Not using a HRM. Need to get new battery so hard to know about calories burned. had been using circuit training category but think that is overestimating it. In any case, still really enjoying this program and love this message board!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I haven't run across this guy yet. Now you made me curious.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    I leave for Disneyland tonight!!!!!! Squee! :bigsmile: But this means I probably won't be back in the NROL routine till Tuesday.

Beeps - your dinner sounds amazing.

Carrie - boo for the dead fish. I've killed many in my day. Where did you get it and how old? If it's been under two weeks many places let your exchange.

Jennifer - Wings are my favorite!
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    I had a crappy Valentine's Day. I made some very yummy food and was probably only a little over my goals (well maybe not for fat intake), but got into a big fight with my bf that has carried over for a few days.

On the bright side, I did start Stage 4 yesterday and it's pretty good. Doing push presses again and slowly but surely working my way up from just pressing the barbell. I wish my arms were stronger. I have no problem front squatting the bar, but my arms feel like noodles by the end. I'm really concentrating on pushing up with my legs but even with that...

Also, plank is still killing me. For Stage 4, your'e supposed to do 2-3 sets of plank for 2 minutes. I just can't do it that much.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member

Haha! You too?

I was thinking the same thing this morning Carrie!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Well my butt hurts too from my workout yesterday...

Just got back from getting my nails done....I have so much to do today!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Aregensb...I have no idea what it is about V-day that gets couples into fights. I think it should be banned. And I totally understand about the planks. I'm on the 90 sec. sets and they're killer!

Sarah...How exciting! I wouldn't stress a workout or two when real life is calling. Enjoy!!

As for me...Working a 12 hr shift (at least I'm on days!) and doing 3B after I get the kiddos in bed. My shoulders are still tender from the dumbbell incline bench presses...I increased to 25# Tuesday, and I'm feeling it! Hate the late workouts, but ya get 'em when ya can some days!

I just order a Roman Chair from amazon.com. I could do the back-extensions on a ball, kind of...(if you read my epic-fail post, kindly refrain from laughing), but hubs and his crew will be doing them too. It's just easier (and safer) this way. While I was shopping, I came across an adjustable bench for insanely cheap...so I'll have one I can use inside the power cage for bench presses. It's hilarious that I'd rather buy home gym equipment than jewelry or clothes!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member

Now I'm curious too! HA!
  • carrie_eggo

Now I'm curious too! HA!

Eh...I shouldn't talk. This thread isn't private....the guy usually knows what he's talking about. Just slightly "off" imo....lol. I was in a bad mood earlier...
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I had a great V-Day dinner. We rarely make a big deal over Valentine's Day, since it's essentially a Hallmark holiday but I wanted to do something nice at least without going out. Hubby put the kids to bed himself and I made us dinner which consisted of broiled haddock and prosciutto wrapped asparagus(which were awesome, btw). I ate light for dinner because I knew I was going to blow it on dessert. I actually made us chocolate mousse from scratch. Never did it before but it came out so good. It's Anne Burrell's recipe(from the Food Network). It was so nice to have a quiet romantic dinner without the craziness of having the kids around. I was able to chew my food and have a conversation! It was lovely. We actually have a couple's massage coming up on Saturday. I am on the mailing list for a local massage place and they were doing a V--Day special - a couple's massage plus a basket full of goodies(chocolate, wine, oils,etc). We are considering this our gift to each other. Honestly this is probably the biggest deal we've made over this holiday in a long time. Can't wait for the massages though!

I am done with new rules but I'll still be around. I like to see the progress you all are making. I'm still in workout limbo. I met with a personal trainer on Tuesday and he had me do some exercises. I told him I work out at home and I want him to develop a challenging program for me. In the meantime he gave me a sampling of exercises to do. Supposed to work out today but I had to be out of the house at 7 this morning and I'm sick again but I am hoping to get it in before the day is over.

Ok, enough from me.