• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    {{{{{{ jealous }}}}}

But glad you enjoyed your visit!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Ughh...so not feeling it today. I haven't lifted since Friday, and I'll be back at it tomorrow. I'll be starting my 5th workout so that will be nice, 3 sets instead of 2. Hopefully I'm feeling more motivated than I am at the moment. Hope everyone is doing awesome.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Thank GOD for working-out! That's all I have to say about that....I literally thought my head was going to pop-off this morning from all the STRESS!!

Anyway, I did 20 minutes of HIIT, 10 minutes of just lazy elliptical and about a 30 minute stretch. Felt GREAT!

Tomorrow I lift...and it is my last Stage 2 work-out. So, I hope I can GIVE 'ER HELL!

I am kind of nervous about what's going to happen to my body while I'm in Hawaii - and away - but, I've promised myself, and my family, some undivided TIME and a TRUE BREAK from all things "normal"....which also means NO SCHEDULED EXERCISE!! (we'll swim and snorkel everyday....but, just fun times in the pool with the kids).

It is what it is, and if I lose some of the *gains* that I have made, upon my return, I'll just start it all back up again and it will turn out however it is supposed to.
  • oceanity
    oceanity Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread yesterday!!! I am so amazed by all you girls....there are some seriously strong women on MFP!!! I am midway through Stage 3, and finding it challenging with its length, but fun as well. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

And grape? I am working hard to build up my upper body strength, so that I can use my pole!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Cgrout- I was so happy to go from 2 sets to 3, I was fine with the rest period but doing the 15 reps made me impatient.

Beeps- you're only going to be off working out for a week (or so), you aren't going to lose much. Besides, swimming and snorkeling counts for something.

I've only got 2 workouts left in stage one, I'm ready for something new. Oh, and thanks for posting the rockstar/ lumberjack links, Beeps, the push press has had me nervous. I have hyperflexive fingers, not sure how well I can do them.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm so envious of all you lifting I'm HATING my weeks break between stage 1 and 2. Roll on Saturday.

Also have ordered the book and hope it comes by then, up to now I've been using my Kindle but its just not so easy to use as flicking through pages of a book.

Beeps have a lovely time, I'm sure you'll do very little damage, your mindset seems to be very healthy.

Oceanity, the time scale is what worries me about moving up the Stages, I workout in the mornings (in my garage) after my son has left for school andbefore clients arriving at 10.00 am. This leaves me roughly 2 hours to workout, shower and dry hair. Hair is a nightmare, very thick and long and takes an age to blowdry. Then get the house tidy again (hoover, stack dishes) before first client of day. May have to do HIIT on different days to cut down time.

HI Jam.

Cgrout I had a day like that towards the end of Stage 1 and was looking forward to a rest. But now I'm resting its another story!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Oceanity, the time scale is what worries me about moving up the Stages, I workout in the mornings (in my garage) after my son has left for school andbefore clients arriving at 10.00 am. This leaves me roughly 2 hours to workout, shower and dry hair. Hair is a nightmare, very thick and long and takes an age to blowdry. Then get the house tidy again (hoover, stack dishes) before first client of day. May have to do HIIT on different days to cut down time.

You'll be fine, looks like we have permission to do the HIIT the next day if we like- i probably will too.

I'm currently sitting on the sofa with an ice-pack on my shin. My fault! I got hubby to install my chin up bar (I don't have pulleys for pull downs). He volunteered to test it as if it could take his weight it would be ok for me. He then proceeded to do 3 chin ups and 1 pull up. He never even works out!!! I thought i'd try a chin up starting at the top and dropping down. I brought along the step ladder, and held on to the bar, and collapsed down onto the step ladder! I am pathetic.... not much bleeding but a big bruise... my HIIT may be postponed to tomorrow! Hubby is now eating ice-cream :angry:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome, oceanity!

gilleman - can't you *skip* the hair routine?? I stopped washing my hair everyday....there just wasn't time (and I have LONG THICK HAIR, myself!). And, you know what? It holds curl MUCH BETTER dirty than it ever did squeaky clean! I work-out at lunch, so it's a quick dry-off and then back to work - with maybe a splash of make-up re-application thrown in for good measure. I can drive to the gym, have my work-out, change, grab my salad-to-go and drive back to work in 2 hours (sometimes 2 hours and 10 minutes)....so, I think you can do it, too!

Sheesh, Jenlwb - sorry for that bruise!! That does NOT sound like much fun. Maybe you can do HIIT on the bike??

It's my last work-out in Stage 2, today. I'm mourning it, a bit. But, it's also deadlift day - and deadlifts aren't my favourite. So, glad to have a break from them!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    beeps, thanks for sharing the rock stars! I did tabata with them yesterday-oly bar in the corner with 25 plate at one end-wowzers!

Jenlwb, ouch! Hope it feels better!

I did the HIIT on the following day -the workouts were way to long for me with the HIIT at the end.
  • gillleeman
    Options

gilleman - can't you *skip* the hair routine?? I stopped washing my hair everyday....there just wasn't time (and I have LONG THICK HAIR, myself!). And, you know what? It holds curl MUCH BETTER dirty than it ever did squeaky clean! I work-out at lunch, so it's a quick dry-off and then back to work - with maybe a splash of make-up re-application thrown in for good measure. I can drive to the gym, have my work-out, change, grab my salad-to-go and drive back to work in 2 hours (sometimes 2 hours and 10 minutes)....so, I think you can do it, too!

• kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do my HIIT on separate days and that has been fine for me. I have broken the front squat/push press into two separate moves and that is working much better for me so that I can increase the weight on it. A little more than halfway through Stage 4. Got NROL Abs for hubby and there's a lot of overlap with this program. will likely integrate some of those moves after finishing this program or maybe before. Otherwise not much is new. Still feeling stronger and leaner in spite of no scale movement. ski pants noticeably losser in the belly compared to a month ago. woohoo!
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Pressed button too soon! Beeps thats a good suggestion. I don't wash it everyday but when I've exercised I tend to wash it then. I have quite a physical job and have a worry that my clients will smell my dirty hair as I get warm massaging them. I can smell it sometimes myself and do worry. I could try scraping it back into a pony tail, generally just tie the front up in a clip. Ha Ha I have wavy hair and hate it!!!! Always straighten mine :laugh: we're never happy.

Boy I went over big time on pancakes last night. Managed to rake some calories back by eating light breakfast and lunch phew.

Love this site so informative, keeping lifting ladies. Gillx
  • gillleeman
    Options

You'll be fine, looks like we have permission to do the HIIT the next day if we like- i probably will too.

I'm currently sitting on the sofa with an ice-pack on my shin. My fault! I got hubby to install my chin up bar (I don't have pulleys for pull downs). He volunteered to test it as if it could take his weight it would be ok for me. He then proceeded to do 3 chin ups and 1 pull up. He never even works out!!! I thought i'd try a chin up starting at the top and dropping down. I brought along the step ladder, and held on to the bar, and collapsed down onto the step ladder! I am pathetic.... not much bleeding but a big bruise... my HIIT may be postponed to tomorrow! Hubby is now eating ice-cream :angry:
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Did it again!!!! Thanks Jen.

Sorry to hear about the injury, keep icing. Hope hubby didn't laugh, mine would have.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I just finished my last Stage 2 work-out....I must say, it was NOT my best performance.

:sad:

Anyway, I'm taking a forced break from NROL4W, although I'll work with my PT on Friday and then again on Monday. And, oh yeah, it's 7 days until I leave for hawaii....
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Ok I really feel like venting today. Maybe it's the pms, or the third sore throat I'm experiencing in three weeks, but I feel like ranting. I still hate my body. There, I said it. I am so discouraged. I work out and I've even been doing more cardio, watching my diet(I do have cheats, but nothing terrible) but nothing is changing!!! I still have this belly and it doesn't want to budge. My trainer is supposed to measure me today and I am nauseus at the thought of it. I measure myself at home and don't like the numbers, they are not going in the right direction. I don't understand how the numbers on the scale can go down by my body not change at all. It's mind boggling and frustrating and I am downright angry right now. I feel like I work had and get zero in return. Part of me wonders if it's even worth it anymore. I just don't understand why all around me I see people losing inches and looking great. But here I am, still the same as I was 6 months ago. I might be a few pounds lighter on the scale but honestly I'd give that up to see a smaller stomach and waist.

I am so sorry to go off like this. I didn't want to put this in a public forum and I consider you guys my friends. I could really use some encouragement today.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to go off like this. I didn't want to put this in a public forum and I consider you guys my friends. I could really use some encouragement today.

So sorry you're having a hard time. It's so rare to hear that about this program. I think you should say this to your trainer, perhaps she/he can point out where you have improved to give you a boost. Also they can help you see where you're going wrong. And if not, maybe consider changing trainer?

It'll be interesting to see if your measurements have changed despite your fears.
    Sending hugs xx
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Idauria, I'm sorry to hear that as well. I can only speak for myself in saying that I don't mind the occasional rants, support is more than just WTG's all the time.

Hearing that you've been sick pretty frequently and you're holding weight in your middle despite 6 months of what should be an effective program makes me think this may be hormonal. You might consider looking into getting your thyroid, cortisol, and sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone) levels looked at. Our female hormones can begin to fluctuate in our thirties and I can tell you from experience, if one of them gets out of whack, they like to drag their buddies along for the ride and everything can be affected.

There are other possibilities as to what could be going on but I've known many people who were spinning their wheels doing all the right things until they got whatever it was back in balance. If this is something you might think is a possibility, you're welcome to PM me if you want to discuss it further.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    idauria, 100% this is something you need to have a visit with a personal trainer about. 100%. I think cardio can seriously interfere with "losing inches" goals and with weight-lifting, so I think your personal trainer should really want to focus you on lifting HEAVY, taking appropriate REST BREAKS, and watching, incredibly, every single thing you put in your mouth.

Something is sabotaging and, in my opinion, 99% of the time it isn't the exercise, it's the diet. I have a feeling you are NOT eating ENOUGH, which means you aren't FUELING your body, optimumly, for heavy lifting, and ultimate lost-inches.

I swear, as a cardio rat for 25+ years, I fought with the scale, with inches, with nutrition, with EVERYTHING.

And now, in 9 weeks, having focused STRICTLY on my nutrition-plan (and getting ENOUGH to eat!) and heavy lifting, I am seeing inches moving, in a downward direction, at a steady trajectory. Not fast, but IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

100% I think a personal trainer can fix this for you. 100%
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have tried eating 1,200 calories a day, 1,500 calories a day, exercising 5 times a week, exercising 7 times a week, exercising for 90 minutes at a time, exercising for 75 minutes at a time. And NOTHING changed, EVER, in my SHAPE. (Scale, up-and-down, but SHAPE - nada, not ever!)

And now, eating 1,800 calories a day (and 2,000 calories on some days), and working out (heavy lifting) one hour per day, 3 x per week, (plus a little cardio now and again!), my SHAPE is FINALLY starting to morph.

I'm telling you, idauria, if this is working for ME, I swear it can work for ANYBODY. Anyone.