Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I did workout this evening! Son and I went for a 75 minute workout on back and shoulders. I doubt if I'll be able to eat or brush my teeth tomorrow.

ETA: 98 g protein and 1413 calories. I had to wrap the turkey in cheese to make it more palatable. I am burnt out on turkey so I had to "eat" that 100 calories of cheese.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I did workout this evening! Son and I went for a 75 minute workout on back and shoulders. I doubt if I'll be able to eat or brush my teeth tomorrow.

ETA: 98 g protein and 1413 calories. I had to wrap the turkey in cheese to make it more palatable. I am burnt out on turkey so I had to "eat" that 100 calories of cheese.

Hahaha, I'm like that with shoulders today.... and my butt (still!). I have so many knots in my muscles right now.... I'm blaming the cold weather :grumble:

Uck, turkey. I can't tolerate that too well.... so dry. Chicken wins hands down!
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Protein protein protein! I love it! I used to struggle to get all my protein in but now I've caved and added protein powder so I'm averaging at least 125. Greek yogurt, tuna, and chicken breast are the way, the truth and the life. My younger brother graduated from college yesterday so I'm in Indiana. We cleaned out his dorm room and packed his stuff up. The best part of this trip happened in the very beginning. It was the look on my mother's face when I walked out to the van with my ez curl bar and over sized jar of protein powder. We left at 5 that morning. I was up at three doing 2B3 because I am an over dedicated crazy person. This week I finish stage two and start stage three and have four weeks until bikinigeddon.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello ari and all
    Redlipsticky you are very dedicated to work out at 3 am.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
    I will lift and probably do a hike later
    I had a terrible long day at work yesterday and would like to schedule a nap.

I am going to extend my basic training 2 workout for two weeks to work on my front squats a little longer.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Manic, good going on the workout and protein. It's Mother's Day. You don't have to brush your teeth :tongue:

Welcome, Ari!

I'm tired of chicken. Gimme da red meat! I'm making a meatloaf in the next couple of days.

Red, "the way, the truth, and the life" :laugh: "Bikingeddon" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I need to go shopping for a new bikini bottom NOW for best selection. I really don't blame you for getting up at 3. Those last couple of workouts in Stage 2 I was just. so. over. it.

I got 105 g of protein yesterday and expect to eat another 105 g today.

I start Stage 3 today! Also got my eggs and bacon ready for the week.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    < new top is my mothers day present. and chocolate and an empty sink.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    This morning, the measuring tape told me I'm getting fatter again. Size 10 jeans are too big and the 8s are too small :grumble: The 8s fit before starting New Rules again :grumble:

With that said, I started Stage 3 today and made the BWM my b!tch. First round: 2:42. Second round: 2:27. Shocka. Locka. Boom. My first plank was 110 seconds. :smokin:
  • runzalot81
    Options

The empty sink is the best part. Men around here get laid for performing such services.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options

The empty sink is the best part. Men around here get laid for performing such services.

^LOL lot to be said for empty sinks. For sure
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Well, my calories are over by 200. DH wanted to take me out for dinner AND surprised me with cake :grumble: I guess I could skip the wine. We'll see. It is my day, after all. And I did kick azz and take names...
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My lower back is mostly better today after babying it and having a mothers day massage. I was supposed to do 1a6 today but did a few test runs on the different moves and decided just to keep it at push ups and rows this time. In two more days I will try agai . Tomorrow night is zumba. So much fun! Happy mothers day to all
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ari, welcome!
    Lipstick, your are HARDCORE!
    Way to go Manic, I'm still a carb girl myself, but I make sure to balance it with protein at every meal.
    Runz, that is a kick-*kitten* time for the BWM! You go girl.

Busy day. I got in my lifting, went for a bike ride to the park, did some shopping and got some killer bargains, (which added up tp $180 hmmm may need to rethink that) and watched my mom get wall weepy over some jewelry she forgot she had that I was storing for her, and then took mom to diner at a local dinner (nothing beats a good old fashioned Jersey diner.) I'm ready for a nap.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    TGIF all!!

Beeps @ cardio...wohoo!!!

Marie, I do not know if our Oly bars are the same, but the one I use is 45lbs...way to go!!!

I agree, the arms are usually the first to show (initial) definition - at least for my case.

Today was my Total Body Composition Analysis....and am quite chuffed, I must say!! Compared to last month, body fat percentage has dropped by 1.4%; BF dropped by 3.6 lbs....!! Lean Body Mass (LBM) - and therefore the Lean Segmental Mass in each area, like right arm, left arm etc - however did drop, granted by an almost negligible number...Intracellular and extracellular water also dropped!!

I cannot wait for my next month's appointment to see how that goes.

I treated myself to a glass of Moscato wine for lunch, and a pair of new hard rocking spaghetti strap wedges!!

Lift on ladies!! :flowerforyou:

Nice, maybe you can wear the shoes if you post a pic!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Still in the mist of my fitness camp during which we are instructed not to do anything else so I didn't lift last week and won't again till this next Friday. Took a 4 mile walk today then had pizza, light beer, salad bar and two ice creams. i ate like a wolf but I only had a omelette and fruit in the morning. I can definatley feel some changes and my husband's eye popped out when he saw me in exercise paints yesterday. I think i've lost a bit but will check that tomorrow.

I'm a couple of pounds with in my goal weight then I don't care if I loose anymore. Then my goal is recomp and maintence calories doing the following:
    lift 2 days a week (depending on the week sometimes 3)
    4 days of one hour of cardio activity
    Ocassionlal breaks and bigger fitness challenges.

Gawd I can't keep up with all the discussion the last few days! Tear it up ladies.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wow I missed so much.

cowgirl thanks for the VS recommendation! Never thought about buying a sports bra from them, definitely checking this out.

dnamouse - Belated Happy birthday!!! It was my dad's bday too.

bepee - woohoo on your body composition losses!

redlipstick - those are the exact foods I've been focussing on to meet my protein goals.

So I'm 3/3 this week. Protein? Check. Water? Check. Tabatas? Check. And just finished BTI in Supercharged. Not taking a break, I'm going to jump straight into BTII. Cowgirl, I'd like to change my Tabata goal to no sweets/candy/cake this week. I think maybe I over analyze things but I love numbers so I weigh daily and measure weekly. What I've found is that the weeks I do tabata intervals, somehow are my bad weeks in terms of measurements. But weeks where I neglect them are "good" weeks. Weird I know. So I'm quitting them this week and will analyze my results come next Sunday.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am 1/3 this week :( Mother's Day and my son's
    3rd birthday = too many treats for me and not enough protein on a few days, although I have kept up with all my workouts and haven't missed a day of lifting yet. I do the final stage 1 workout today, them my AMRAPS and on to stage 2 next week.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It's too late at night for alcohol (and I have to get up in the morning early), and I'm eyeing off that last piece of cheesecake in the fridge.... that should tell you a little about my day LOL I've already had a piece of cheesecake, so I shall leave that last one until tomorrow :wink:

I'm going to have a think and come up with some new challenge goals for this and next month. Something simple and hopefully effective I think. But I'll do that tomorrow :yawn:

Sooooo tired, but must cram a little more work in during this 'quiet' period when everyone else (including Polly cat - she likes to sit on my laptop lol) is in bed. Hope everyone's day is going well!
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pmag: bikinigeddon is four weeks away so I have to be uber dedicated.
    Sam(I think): bikinigeddon is so real for me. I'll be buying this bikini but what makes it so scary is that the goal is to wear it without feeling self conscious. Also I think greek yogurt, tuna, and protein powder should have a book in the bible. New testament of course.
    Jamaican: that's so weird that tabata would do that to you.
    Dna: too late for alcohol? Such an hour exists?

On my way home and excited. I finish stage two and start stage three this week. I'll be piling in extra tabatas in the next few weeks to help get my body ready for bikinigeddon and doing my best to ignore the Talenti I have in my freezer. I will probably fail in an epic way with the Talenti. It is salted caramel after all. Oh and I'm 2/2 this week. I decided to give up on steady cardio. Have a great week ladies!
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I am sore today! ANd based on how the few days after 1a went, I expect to be more sore tomorrow. I am really enjoying reading your posts here, I feel like I am getting an idea of what you guys are like, and I do like the dynamic here.

I am following calorie goals based on TDEE, using the tools on scooby's workshop. Because I am more or less recovered from a foot injury, to day I increased my calorie goal to 1920. I am really nervous about this, but it is recommended for 3-5 hours of exersice. Which is the plan for the week.

dnamouse, we just adopted an adult cat, making us a 2 cat house, and things have been rough, I am glad polly is such a sweetie for you.

I have a ?, what's with the 2/3 type scoring? Are there group goals, or personal goals??
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wow, you ladies have been kicking *kitten*! I'm 1/3 for the umpteenth week in a row. I'm starting a separate 12 week challenge today which bases points off of meeting w/o goals and is a team-average thing. So I'm hoping the added accountability sticks out in my mind when I'm wanting to be lazy.

Today I lift! And one of my challenge goals is to hit 100g of protein on my lift days. I have eggs, tofu, shrimp, and tilapia all ready for me at home. Let's do this!