Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    ...thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That felt good! Now i have six solid weeks of success to build right here on this chat thread.

Bring it on!

I'm ready!
  • marylenw
    marylenw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am on stage 1 exercise 3 and I am sooo sore from doing dead lifts. Tomorrow should be interesting but I'm ready to rock this out
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Awesome pull downs. I think those are actually my favorite exercise and I miss them. I much prefer the kneeling ones since starting supercharged. it engages more of the core muscles ( and I don't have to wait for the seated pull down machine)

Sue, glad you're getting some work in.

Took the boys bowling today. I feel outrageously tired, but slowly on the mend. It took everything I had to do the grocery shopping and carry everything inside, even with the kids' help.

Happy lifting ladies (wish this bug had taken my appetite)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Posting so I can find the thread quicker :tongue:

Working, paying bills, still rugged up under a blanket. All class here today :wink: :laugh:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I think kneeling pull downs are great too. I like to imagine muscles popping out all over my back. I can't see the muscles but the pull downs make me feel great,

Beeps you like to roll the thread- you have the best attitude- I will cheer you on for six weeks.

Jo that sounds like a miserable month.

Sue glad you had a good workout.

Welcome marylen

Sam hope you feel better soon.
    Give your appetite some good nutrition.

My DH wants to be vegan and my family would like it. I am reluctant because I have trouble meeting protein. I know we will eat more veggies(yeah!) but I worry that my carb crazed kids will eat too much.

DNA hope your little one gets well.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I think kneeling pull downs are great too. I like to imagine muscles popping out all over my back. I can't see the muscles but the pull downs make me feel great,

Hahaha, I totally get this :laugh:

Combat today.... enjoyed it. Followed by washing the car, shopping, mowing the lawn and gardening, laundry, decorating, cooking, kids to scouts and back home to make dinner for me and hubby, packed lunches for kids and then bath them all. Exhausted! My eyes are closing. Busy day ahead tomorrow too.... :yawn:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I *do* like rolling this thread! Gives me a feeling of "new opportunities"....new chances to GET IT RIGHT!

I'm glad everyone is showing up! Yay family!

I am lifting today.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am SO DAMN SORE today. Especially my inner thighs and butt. I did my first stage 7 workout yesterday and really had to push to do a half hour of cardio this morning. Oy.

I made it to one week binge free and then last night it all went wrong :P I didn't eat enough quality food at dinner (was a vegetarian at a BBQ so I was basically stuck eating starchy side dishes) and came home starving. Oh well. Onward and upward.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    nice job Pudding!

I left the house today! I took the boys to the water park and I'm on the verge of collapse. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. If it's a good day, it might bring Zumba to get started with. We shall see.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No work-out for me, today. I had a really good low-calorie day, yesterday....so, will plow through 2 more and then figure the SUGAR-cravings will be gone - and that's easily half the battle.

I'm feeling GOOD today! Have a patio night out with gf's tonight....won't be drinking, but a nice diet coke with a lime will do just fine. And a big bowl of salad with chicken on it! Yummy!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling rather negative.

Today is B AMRAPs for Stage 5.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't get back to sleep for hours - I'd planned to get to the gym but knew I needed to use the time for sleep instead. I'll get out at noon and at least do some walking, and also the PT exercises this evening. My rear delts and lats are achy from the PT work. Not sure that I notice any improvement, but it's only been 3 sessions. I go again tomorrow.

I have lower body DOMs bad expecially glutes and quads!! I'm paying for two and half weeks without a real workout! But it's good to feel!

Yesterday was not my best food day - Chinese, but oh so yummy. I am already better today. Beeps you inspire me!!

Get it done ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sue - thanks, but I am NOT inspiring myself, in the least, these days....having said that, i just reviewed my DXA results from last year and, yes, GOOD reminder that I had BETTER pour it on and make some progress....or that promise to myself is USELESS.

I'm off to have a lunch-time visit with my oldest son. BOOM!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my glutes ate broken from stage 7-1 on Monday. Did 7-2 today and it went well aside from the squats with heels raised in plates; even with lowering my DBs way down I still couldn't do all 15 reps. My glutes are just too sore. Tomorrow is a full rest day and I am welcoming it with open arms!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yesterday in the middle of making lunch I got a MASSIVE headache. It was supposed to be a lifting day so I decided to take a nap hoping it'd be gone when I got up. No such luck. Decided to go workout anyway. When I came home I felt even worse. Started wondering if it was a bad decision. BUT I feel 10 times better today so I'm glad I pushed myself and got it done. I think maybe my body is just tired. I'm due for a 1 week break from exercise next week. Looking forward to that. I'll also be taking a 2 week diet break and eating at maintenance.

Runz, are you ok?
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i did a3 stage one today. It felt pretty awesome to increase my squat weight again (this time 65, first time 30). My issue was that the bar digs into my shoulders (thats where most of the discomfort came from)... I am gonna up the weight again next time and see how that goes!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am on stage 1 exercise 3 and I am sooo sore from doing dead lifts. Tomorrow should be interesting but I'm ready to rock this out

it sounds like we are in a very similar place. I just finished my 5th workout. The deadlifts made me super sore the first time, and less sore the next time. =) best of luck! I know it's hard.
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I know I don't comment very often on here, but I read everything almost everyday! You all are so inspiring. It's taking me a long time to get through the 1st stage. Unfortunately my work schedule only allows me to lift 1-2 days a week :( I have noticed a greater weight loss in the month that I have been lifting and my clothes are starting to get big on me! YAY!

Just wanted to let everyone know that you all rock! And I totally look up to all of you! :) Thank you for motivating me!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Well if some of you are having lower body DOMS, I've got the top half going on right here. I am not even quite sure why! Shoulders/ upper back/ arms all hurt! AND I have DLs today.... hope my arms hold out, will need to watch it with my grip (history of hurting elbow). Will let you all know how I go.

Welcome newbies - enjoy the group :-)