Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    manic - EVERY woman I know who has had a hysterectomy has been SO SUPER PLEASED with all the GREAT changes it has brought to their lives! I know "recovery" sucks....but after all that, I bet you will be REALLY happy with your results!

Best of luck....please pop by and let us know how it all goes.

Today, I lift!
  • sheilaq14
    sheilaq14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just did my first workout B in stage 2 and boy was it tough to stay balanced! I actually fell down once on the reverse lunge with forward reach, no problem just kind of crumpled up and ended on the floor. A little scary but okay. I found it tough to get full parallel on the Bulgarian split squats. Did bent over rows instead of Cuban snatch as I am waiting for my incline bench to be delivered. It seemed a little long but the last four exercises went very quickly, but I did not have time or inclination to do the HIIT.

Has anyone. Moved the HIIT to workout A? That is what I am considering.

I get the feeling I will be very sore tomorrow. :)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Sheila, when I am short on time or energy, I will move the HIIT or BWM stuff to the day in between my lifting (I lift M W F). Sometimes I would do both together for a good cardio session, or just one plus some jogging.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey, yall! I missed yall.

I have had a LOT going in my life. Lifting and eating right have been on the back burner. It all seems to be falling in place for the good (except with my daughter. Nothing new or changed with her)

My lifting will be on hold for another 7 weeks. Next week I will have an hysterectomy . Hopefully, this will help with my mental well being! The hormonal roller coaster has had me down for a few months along with the daughter situation and other personal issues.

MAYBE after our last summer trip in September I can get back on track. In the meantime , keep lifting!

Don't forget about me. I'll be back.:wink:

NEVAH!!! Good luck on the surgery and just take care of yourself sweetie! :heart:

I just came home from seeing the ortho surgeon! I have an inflamed, impingement in the rotator area that she feels will ease with PT - 4wk, 3x/wk. It looks brutal but the great news is that I have no restrictions. I can lift!! And while she was having me press and pull and hold etc I commented that I was afraid it was a tear to which she said "nope, you're too strong" :bigsmile:

I'm gonna be stronger!!! I hope I'll be able to lift 3x/wk too but we'll see how that goes.

I'm eating back on track, I joined a couple of challenges - that was what I needed to get my food right again! One lasts through the holidays which is just the motivation I need to stay on track.

I have lots of reading to do I know, but I just had to give you my good news
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Manic, I'm so glad you're still around! Keep us posted on how you're doing and REST up. You'll come back stronger than ever!

Sue, that's great news. The research I've been seeing on rotator cuff injuries indicates that PT is the best choice nearly every time. Surgery doesn't seem to speed or facilitate healing. So hopefully you'll get great results from the therapy!

Sheila, some of us did the HIIT on our non lifting days. It's a great quick workout that will really torch the cals. My only reservation with it is that it does affect your muscles the same way lifting does. So it *might* hinder recovery and strength gains. The other option is to do fewer cycles of it at the end of your workout. If you're truly doing HIIT (meaning getting your heart rate to max- anaerobic zone), you only need 5-10 mins to get a good finisher to your workout.

Ok, so NSV: my "goal" pants I bought last weekend fit me comfortably and my others are getting too big. The new ones are a size 27 Silver Jeans- I started in a size 33 two years ago. Waist and hip measurements are the same that they've been all Summer and I weigh more than I did in May. But something is still changing for the better. Wondering if maybe all the booty work in Strong Curves is altering my shape in ways that my measurements don't show.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    taking another decongestant and then going back tot sleep. Happy lifting ladies.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here and close to the end of Stage 1 - loving it so far. I've completed Stage 1 once before but never moved on to the next stage, so I am recommitting to finish the full program this time through.

I'm looking for some friends that eat along the lines of the program also. I'm far from perfect in my eating but I keep to my macros pretty decently. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am so glad to read how STRONG you are, sue!!! I mean, I am NOT surprised....but he11 YA that your doctor recognizes it, too!

BOOM!

BB Cowgirl...I totally bet re-comp is going on for you!! I am also totally jealous of a 27-jean-size...i've given up on the 'smaller jean size' scenario. Heck, I'd be satisfied getting back to my January scale-weight right about now (the one I was TOTALLY complaining about in january....yeah, that one I would take ina heart-beat right now, lol!).....or for sure before September!!!

Good luck, elsie - NROL4W is a really great program to move through ALL the stages. I keep saying I will go back and do Stage 6. I never do, though...
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Beeps, I think recomp must be it. Maybe creatine is helping, maybe a new program with new exercises is helping, gosh, I don't know....but I am taking it!
    You're consistent and you know even if it's slow progress it will get you to your goal...just keep at it!!! I would love to be your size any day(being 3 inches shorter than you makes 27 jeans not as attractive).

Elsie, welcome!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, BBCowgirl....I just know I am NOT at my best scale-weight...and it weighs heavy on my mind (no pun intended).

I have been working on this the better part of a year and I am sliding backwards....inexplicable!

Anyway, I am focusing on the 'good things' I am doing and just taking it one day at a time.

I am going to lift, today, 4th day in a row. One more tomorrow and then scheduled cardio on Saturday.

I have joined a "challenge" to focus on scale-weight sliding DOWN (slowly....) and to BE THERE by mid-December.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Manic, hang out with us. We take all kinds here :laugh:

This week, I'm working on a calorie deficit. Need to fit into my professional clothes in a few weeks :indifferent: It's been fun eating at and over maintenance and I've gained only very little. This shouldn't be too hard.

Y'all might remember that the batteries in my scale died in February. The further away I get from February, the less motivated I get to buying new batteries. I might just go the rest of my life without the scale :drinker:

Sam, my allergies have been complaining, too :sick:

Hi, Elsie! Check in with us regularly and we'll cheer you on!

Ran 4 miles this morning. 1 more lift day this week. I'm almost done with Stage 5. I can smell it!!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! I'm a little nervous about Stage 2 - it's got the first few exercises I've never done before and I go to a big gym, but I'm sure that'll pass after a few days.

runzalot - is it sad that I can't imagine not having a scale for 4 months?! good on you
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Runz, your post makes me happy! I think you're truly a great example of BALANCE! And that is what being fit is all about. Also, I keep reading a recurring them amount ladies who lift: what they *think* is maintenance is sometimes still a deficit. So yay for muscles and being able to eat more than "maintenance" without gaining!

Elsie, you can always mix the exercises up to fit the flow of your gym. I know it's hard to so them exactly as they are written if you workout at a busy gym.

Beeps- you've got this!

Got another workout in this morning. I will get my 4th one in on Saturday. I think after Strong Curves, I will go to a 4 day split. I think I'm at the point that adding in more isolation exercises will be beneficial. I may use the Strong Curves Lower Body workout and then design my own upper.
    Oh, and yesterday my hip thrusts were 155lbs X 5 and they weren't too hard. Hoping to hit 200lbs X 5 by the end of the program!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Beeps I know you're looking for a number on the scale and I know you know it's more than that but I totally get it! I put on 5 pounds, and was all messed up. Reality is that the scale number didn't change the way my clothes were fitting or anything else but getting them off has become my focus! Those 5 and a few more actually. I'm not cutting a lot, I don't want to lose muscle and I want to have enough energy to do PT and lift, but I want the scale to move again in the correct direction!

PT was tough. Upper body bike first, then 2 chest stretches, then 3 lat strengthening exercises with real concentration on form. Then the therapist just beat me up. OWWWW!! And she says as I'm leaving, I'll give you some more challenging things tomorrow. :frown:

Welcome to all you new folks. The knowledge base here is truly amazing!

I'm going to lift tomorrow!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You got it, exactly, Sue! It isn't "what" I look like, although i will say, for sure, there is MORE "muffin-top" on me than I have seen in a number of YEARS....and whether that is peri-menopause or whatever, I DON'T LIKE IT.

It is FAT....it isn't anything else.

So, it has to GO. I think I can dump a few pounds in August, a few pounds in September, and then just a couple pounds each month thereafter.

the REASON this is EMBARRASSING, is that my 2014 plan was literally to lose 1 LB PER MONTH....totally doable....and i f*cked it up SO badly that now I have to lose a "few" pounds in a couple months and then a "couple" pounds the months after that.

So lame.

Plan was fine....my execution SUCKED.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I got my third lifting session in this morning and my butt hurts lol But that is Stage 5 done and dusted :bigsmile:

I shall be doing Stage 6, just gotta work out all the exercises and make sure they're doable in my garage gym. But I'll also be doing my cardio as well.

Walking group on Monday shall be turning into Jogging group lol My walking friend has requested we start jogging, so who am I to argue? :laugh: It's getting close to Spring, so I think she wants to lose a little before then and for her, jogging is a huge help physically & mentally. She'll go back to walking next autumn LOL

Beeps, I get it. Being so little, even 1-2 pounds makes a massive difference, particularly to my mid-section. I may not ever be able to get my body to where I want it to be, but I sure as hell am gonna at least try.

I have my first market stall tomorrow so I guess I better get back to work... soooo much to do and I really have no idea what I'm doing. Oh well. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    I didn't realize there were so many of us in stage 5; I just finished it this week. What's everyone doing after NROLFW?
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello- I had a great day- I went berry picking and then swimming. I lifted after dinner. The blue and black berries are incredible!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So, I did stage one workout b1 yesterday, and my upper back has never felt so sore ever. Those last pull downs kicked my Butt. I've done lat pull downs before, but somehow this time was different! I feel accomplished, but man! Painful and sore to the touch! You think I should pull through for a2 tomorrow even if I'm sore?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Yummy Pmag! I love berries.

Kiki, I would. I usually find after a good warm up, I'm not quite so sore.