Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Dawn, that is awesome!!

Jo, I'm a bloody sook lol I moved from NSW to Qld to get warmer, and I've acclimatised :wink:
    I don't think we've gotten below 9'C. The parents have been getting down to 0'C a couple of times - lots of frost there at the moment. And of course I'm happily sending my kids there in a couple of weeks during the holidays LOL

I keep seeing Cairns with temps of 27'C and Darwin with 30+ and I'm like... hmmm.... possibilities.... :wink: lol

Meanwhile we found a property in Tasmania that if we had the money, we'd gladly sell up and move. We're complicated like that rofl

My body is going "Woot! Rest week!" and my brain is like "but, but..." lol

Had an impromptu dinner with friends last night. I bought a pork roast on a whim (supermarket special) and started cooking it and the husband range friends and they came over with their two kids. Good food (the crackling actually worked!!), good wine (cider for me :cry: lol), and good conversation. We both made raw desserts lol I made my avocado mousse pie and she made a lemon slice - sooooo yummy! Hugely calorific, but zero cares given lol

Sunday morning hangover time here lol I'm just tired but the husband isn't feeling too good :wink: I think church will not be happening this morning :wink:
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    dnamouse wrote: »
    I keep seeing Cairns with temps of 27'C and Darwin with 30+ and I'm like... hmmm.... possibilities.... :wink: lol

Hahaha this is me every winter, LOL

Good luck with shaking the hangover. I have a crazy busy day before a LOoooooong week at work, but first on the list is lifting. Not following a program for a few weeks, just making it up and seeing what I feel like once I get to the gym. Hoping new program might be in place next week.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Even though my quads were a tad sore from last night's run, I went to the gym after getting called into work on my day off. It was a short shift though, just under 4 hours. Spent around an hour and a half lifting and I miss having my earrbuds. Still letting the ears get a break from them though, so suffered the random discussions overheard at the gym.

Stage 5 - B2

low bar squat 3x5 @ 110 - warm ups, okay but always feels heavy above 100

romanian deadlift/bent over row 4x4 @ 80 - okay but heavy for rows still

goblet squat 4x4 @ 40 - not bad, might try 45 next time
    wide lat pull down 4x4 @ 80 - still heavy

back extension 4x4 @ 25 - challenge but not bad

YTWL 4x4 @ 7.5 - meh as always

leg press 3x8 @ 180 - still heavy for me

deadlift 1x5 @ 185 - so heavy, almost couldn't do 5th rep. Need to really work on these if going to increase to 225.

good morning 3x10 @ 50 - fine as usual

hip thrust 3x10 @ 40 - went lighter, still awkward, might try regular bar next time

Tomorrow is a usual work day and I have an online thing to get done by the end of the 15th, so good thing tomorrow is rest day. Think I will skip jogging on Monday too. So next will be Tuesday's day A. Four more to go in Stage 5 and I have the book again, so can get notes ready for Stage 7.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm still alive. Closing out the school year and all the craziness involved in that. I did get in my the lifts this week which was a miracle between a funeral and school events. So I joined voxer. If you don't know what that is, it's a walkie talkie app got your smartphone. I joined one teacher fitness chat group which is cool, but I'm the only lifter :(.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The end of the school year is always crazy.

I lifted today mostly because my body was starting to feel mushy.
    And I've decided that if I am going to lose my mind I might as well look good.
    Supposedly my brain should start to be better. I have cognitive dysfunction from depression- my mood is better I just can't think.
    Currently it is pathetic.i understand dementia now-my memory is terrible and there are times when people are talking and I can't understand what they are saying. Then I get kind of angry- almost blaming them.
    I have ordered Strong Curves. I think starting a new program will help to get my rear in gear.(pun intended)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm back from my 3 weeks away. I had a glorious time in Maui, and enjoyed my visit to SCal too. I'm richly blessed! The rest was good for my body, my back feels good and I had great stamina and strength for all the fun stuff we did. Swimming, snorkeling, hiking, walking...so much fun!

I'm up about 7 lbs, all fat I'm sure. I ate and drank whatever I felt like and it was yummy! I'm back on track, cleaning up my vacation eating and back to the gym today. It felt good! I didn't follow any program, just did some squats, lunges, leg press, BOR, land mines, reverse sit ups, hanging leg raises...felt good. I need to add in a bit of cardio to burn off some more fat. But that's a lifelong challenge ;).

Here's a cute shot from Maui. Snorkeling with the turtles is my favorite!!!mjs9b9ijmm11.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @Julieboolieaz - Welcome back. Awesome picture. Sounds like you had a great time and did vacation right, enjoying the time and food. Snorkeling sounds interesting.

Rest day for me. I figured since I did the 5k friday, I could skip the cardio session today. Plus my legs were sore yesterday and a tad bit today after the run and saturday's lifting session. Will go to the gym tomorrow after work to do A3. And I looked over stage 7 but still need to write it down in my notebook. It looks interesting.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Great shot, julie!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifted today. Walked today. BOOM! ZOOM!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Total rest day today.

TOM.

If you want me, I'll be curled under a blanket with a coffee attempting to study and dosed up on painkillers. :tired_face:

Good news is that most of the bloating and from the last two weeks appears to have now gone. Maybe I'll actually sleep tonight. :sleeping:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Got to the gym tonight. Got my DL back up to 120. I think by the end of S&P 1 I should have the big girl 45s back on there.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Pmag, I hope you're okay. That sounds like such a struggle.

Julie, amazing photo! Glad you had such a great trip.

Sam, nice work on the DLs. I have determined, during the last few weeks on S&P2, that regular deadlifts are much better for me than RDL. They just feel better form-wise. I have gotten up to 8 proper push-ups this round, which is great for me. I have a Round 4/6 for my Dietbet this Friday and I am SOCLOSE to making it. Feeling strong and fit and leaner :)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Julie I like your picture.

Just a short workout today.

Pudding what is a dieter?
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Sorry that should say what is a diet bet ?
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Another busy Tuesday night in the gym. Even at 11 pm a fair amount of people were lifting . I don't like it cause I couldn't warm up with squats yet again but oh well. Also makes set up around the dumbbell locations a struggle at times to stay out of everyone's way but got things done. Hoping next A day, Saturday, to increase on some weights and warm up a little better as it's not so busy those nights.

Stage 5 - A3

one arm db snatch 4x4 @ 35 - heavy still

db one leg romanian deadlift 4x4 @ 30 - struggle on a couple reps but okayish
    bar bent over row 4x4 @ 80 - still feels heavy, but i might try 85 next time

db one arm overhead squat 4x4 @ 12.5/25 - fine and will increase next time
    db incline bench 4x4 @ 27.5 - wanted to increase but 30's were off somewhere else so kept it this time

reverse wood chop 4x4 @ 50 - different one than last time, used the one that was set up for what I needed

high bar squats 3x5 @ 135 - okay but will repeat

clean 3x5 @ the bar. I tried these cause I would like to 1. put the weighted bars back and I can't clean 80 yet (tried and it was so bad), 2. power clean looks like an interesting lift that I kind of wanted to learn. However, I don't think power clean is in my future. When I clean, my elbows stay down near my side. Still can't hold bar and have elbows out and not sure there is enough mobility to fix it. Will have to consider things on that one, but might still practice cleans. Now to get a little sleep before cardio time.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I love being in the water there. So clear and warm! :)

Sam-great job!! You'll be at your dl goal in no time.
    DNA-feel better!
    Pmag-so good to see you posting more! Any competitions coming up for you?
    Pudding-I agree, what is a diet Bet?
    Beep-go girl, you look great!
    Dawn-great job on the 5K!! You're so focused and constitent! WTG!

I'm still sore from lifting on Monday! Gah! Leg day=agony! My back is a bit sore again too. :neutral: I hope it is not going to be a regular thing? It felt so good after being off for 3 weeks. I was active, but didn't lift. On Monday I did some lighter DLs as part of my BORs. I'll skip that part next time and hope that was it. I don't like giving up DLs but I am now thinking squats could be a culprit too. That would really stink. I need to see a PT or chiropractor for my compressed disc. Sigh.

Aside from that , I'll do some cardio today I think. Need to keep working and hope my back can figure it out.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    9i07jw1xc1aq.jpg

Full regimental funeral procession for fallen police officer in MYcity, right now. Sooooooooo sad.

Then I am off to GodSon's university convocation this afternoon. Soooooooooo happy.

No workout, today. Just living-in-the-moment.

BOOM!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Living in the moment is good.

I didn't jog today. Need to rethink schedule cause lifting until after midnight, going to bed after 1 am then trying to get up by 8 am to beat the heat for jog doesn't work. I had a hard time sleeping last night between being cold, then too hot and the cat. So, alarm went off and I said "no" and went back to bed. So, will rethink the days I jog and lift, again.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Dietbet is a website that runs games you can pay to participate in, and lose weight for money. They do short one month jumpstart ones (lose 4% of your starting weight) and six month-long Transformer ones (lose 10% of your starting weight). I started Feb. 17 and mine ends Aug. 17. The Transformers are obviously a bigger pot in the end because it's $25 a month, for six months, and as those six months go on many people drop out. I have won back over $50 so far in the first three months/rounds. In total I am only 4 pounds away from my final round 6 10% goal. Totally doable!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Love your profile pic pudding!

pmag - hope you're ok

Dawn - you're smashing it. A sleep in is ok!

Julie - welcome back.... celebrate the DOMS... it's just your body getting back into it

I had a FANTASTIC morning - lifted and did combat (or my one legged version anyway). Heaps of fun.