Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just walked today - we had a beautiful evening.
    I might have to steal the complexes!!
    I was doing a dumbbell row, high pull, and shoulder press. It is awkward because I can row much higher weight than the shoulder press..

Lots of end of school year activities!! I am ready for summer! All these seem to involve costumes. I am trying to find a Beethoven wig for a piano recital. Then we need a yellow shirt for another activity. Some Disney gear for a parade. She is ready for the talent show with some flowery silky leggings and a black tank with multiple diamonds. That costume was essentially pulled together by another mom.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Pmag, I find that with the complexes too, when I do rows they just feel too easy because the weight is so light but I can't do the other movements with a heavier weight. I do like having them at the end of the workout, I just need to tweak them to find out how to make them work best for me. I think I might try some with dumbbells.

Beeps, you are looking great! I am jealous!

maine, I agree with the others, soreness isn't necessarily a sign of how hard you worked. I find i can never tell if I am going to be sore the next day - unless I do high reps, then I am always sore!

dna, enjoy your relaxation day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,960 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. Walked outside for an hour.

BOOM! ZOOM!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    WOW 45 comments missed where have I been. Not in a gym I can tell you that. I really hate when life get in the way. Yesterday was like HOT Zumba! Overheated sweaty and damn near passing out or getting sick. I seriously need to get back on track with my lifting. I started S&P 1 but need to start over.
    Mary and Sue are around, just not on the thread.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    So I have peroneal tendonitis. Doc says no training for 2 - 6 weeks. Errrr not cool
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    samntha - thanks for the Mary and Sue update.

.....lots of the old posting crew have absented themselves from this "daily chat" thread. I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

jo_marnes..............I don't know where "peroneal" is, but that does NOT sound good. Weren't you having trouble with glutes, too??? My gawd, woman, you are a WRECK!!!

What happened?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My lifting got side-tracked today....as a gym-friend FINALLY bought NROL4W and she is going to seek out a personal trainer (like I did....) to walk her through Stage 1. Meanwhile....I walked her through Stage 1.

lol

So, meant that I didn't get a workout in, but it was nice to have a visit with someone and to help her feel comfy in the free weight section of the gym. I should be seeing her around quite regularly now!

Tomorrow is scheduled cardio.

Have a great weekend, ladies!!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My kids did their first modified session of Supercharged Basic Training yesterday - mostly bodyweight stuff with a few dumbbells thrown in. They are seriously keen. The girl wants strength for running and swimming and the boy wants bigger muscles apparently so that he doesn't get knocked down so much at footy (my scrawny little child who pretty much eats non-stop... he also moves non-stop lol).

But they requested burpee intervals at the end!! Who does that?? I didn't move off the couch for half an hour after :flushed:

Jo, ouchies!!! Rest, relax, and um... dunno, sit and do bro curls?? (just kidding lol)

Okay, supposed to be getting ready to go out to a friend's 40th birthday party lunch. I made muffins lol
  • samntha14
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Jo. Ready up, follow doctors orders so you don't make it worse.
    Beeps, nice sharing the knowledge
    You too DNA. Nice getting the kids involved. My little one will often lift and exercise with my husband. It's really cute.

Started S&P Again tonight. It was meant to be. I managed to do all three sets of the strength exercises and both sets odd the circuit. Couldn't do that last time.
    Deadlift 3/5@105
    DB Bench 3/5@30
    Split squat, lat pull down (60), pushups, overhead step up, 15 db.
    I was exhausted, set off my asthma, and was shaking. I'll feel that tomorrow.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    No lifting or jogging for me. Instead, I spent today packing and unpacking small u-haul truck that I got to drive. We managed to get the bulk in the truck on just one trip, so that worked out well. Lots of lifting and one flight of stairs was involved. Now to spend the weekend finishing things up and working. Fun times.

Jo - Sad on the no training and hopefully it's closer to the 2 than much longer.
    Beeps - Ah fun. My coworker has my NROLFW book but we haven't gone through stage 1 workout yet but that is coming when our schedules work out. Should be interesting.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Dawn, that's still great exercise!

Sam, good work, especially those overhead step ups!

Beeps, I wish I had a friend who I could introduce to lifting. None of my pals are interested :pensive:

DNA, I have two boys (6.5 and 4) and the older one always asks when he can start coming to the gym with me to work out. I hope one day in about ten years, we can :) I think what you're doing is awesome!

Jo, take it easy and hope you're back to 100% soon!

I overate yesterday due to a planned burrito dinner and a drink with the hubby, and somehow we have also ended up with a date (movie and dinner) planned for tonight so I will likely be over again. But I ran yesterday, and since we are child-free his morning, we are heading out on a run together in a few. Should be interesting! I only got in two lifting sessions this week as my oldest ended up being home sick yesterday and I couldn't make it to the gym until 6:30pm (way too late for me) but that rarely happens so it's okay. I am enjoying Strength and Power 2 so far. Lots of big burns.

Have a great weekend all!
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    jo_marnes..............I don't know where "peroneal" is, but that does NOT sound good. Weren't you having trouble with glutes, too??? My gawd, woman, you are a WRECK!!!

What happened?

Yeah tell me about it. The glute seems better actually which is a plus. The peroneal is an ankle tendon - too much high impact work (combat/ plyometric training) I expect. I hurt it during combat class. I'm kinda feeling the same kind of pain in my elbows too so upper body also needs a break (too much bench). I've hurt my elbows previously by too many pulldowns/ pullups - so I'm going for a 'deload week'. Now that I have been reading up about how to deal with/ prevent these injuries, I'm amazed how I have not used deload weeks before. I am going to see how I go - plenty of walking planned (that doesn't hurt ankle anymore) and will try and get some light lifting in (not bench). Maybe do some swimming and/ or balance classes so I don't feel like a complete slob. NOT going to the gym is the hardest!!

• jo_marnes
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

I like lifting by myself - I'd hate it if a friend/ colleague tried to tag along lol. I guess it's my one thing where I get to just be by myself, blast my music and forget about everyone else. Lifting is MY time. I encourage others to lift... just not with me hahahaha
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Jo feel better soon.
    I am on a new med which makes me feel nauseated and dizzy. That should go away soon
  • samntha14
    Options
    I'm with you Jo. I don't want to have to constantly stop and talk to someone. I've workout with a partner a few times and it annoyed me. Now if we were doing the same thing and swapping super sets, that could work.

No DOMS today, which was completely unexpected.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    All moved in to new apartment. Other than unpacking and stuff, I can get back to regular schedule. Today I jogged for 30 minutes at the park.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Gah....think I pulled a little something yesterday when I did RDL and SLRDL in the same session. I maybe should have dropped the weight halfway through my four sets of 5, especially as they are followed by a set of 8. I'll have to remember that for next time.

As I'm well into S&P2 now, I'm trying to decide what to do once I'm done Supercharged. Strong Curves? New Rules for Abs? Suggestions?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Hmmmm....looks like Schuler and Cosgrove have a new book called Strong coming out on November 10 :)
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Made it back to the gym at last. Not a bad day overall with work and such, but first time having to do the long drive to new apartment from the gym. Takes me over 20 minutes cause not much traffic after midnight. At least I got there and back, so I could finish stage 4.

Stage 4 - B4

low bar squats warm up 3x5 @ 100 - getting more challenging

wide grip deadlift from box 3x8 @ 135 - wasn't sure at first but they weren't as hard as I thought they would be

bulgarian split squat 3x8 @ 27.5 - little bit challenging
    underhand lat pulldown 3x8 @ 80 - still feels heavy and bugs my elbow a little

reverse lunge from step 3x8 @ 25 - okay but still a little heavy feeling
    db prone cuban snatch 3x8 @ 10 - meh, glad to be done for now with those

bent over row 3x8 @ 70 - challenging with last reps
    shrug 3x10 @ 30 - not too bad but the 30's feel awkward to hold

Onward to stage 5.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Cardio Day

Jogged for 35 minutes in the rain at the park. Not bad overall. Not quite to 3 miles but I'm almost there. Think it will take just under 40 minutes for the 3 mile jog. Plan to try 40 minutes on Friday.