HELLO AWESOME PEOPLE!

Replies

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Hello ! My name is Renee' and my superpower is being able to fold my laundry immaculately ... yes, that does include fitted sheets ! Sadly. my powers come and go ... just because the laundry needs to be done does not necessarily mean I am ready to use my superpowers. Alas ....

;)

The amazing pic that you have associated with your profile makes me wonder -- is this pic a shot of your flat sheet laundry folding technique (?) ;), because if it is, and you essentially do ballet-inspired Cirque du Soleil -like maneuvers as a kind of preliminary 'preparation' (and its being somewhat analogous to the magical ways in which skilled artisans 'throw' pizza dough in the air, with the carbs all a-twirl, as muscle-memory-trained fingers delicately coax the desired physics) -- as though providing a diaphanous 'sneak peek' at the wondrous ways in which you 'fold' as a form of 'flying', while 'doing a dance' with a cooperative wind (are you The Wind Whisperer, as well? ;) ) -- and with the backdrop of a setting sun, no less! -- why, then, your superpower involves your having elevated laundry folding (as immaculate as it already was) to an artform, I dare say, and one for which musical accompaniment is practically a 'necessity'... ;)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Hi...

Okay, one of my superpowers is the creative misinterpretation (I like to think of it as 'reinterpretation' ;) ) of drawings (especially those drawn by young relatives ;) ), pictures (when available to provide fodder for such mayhem ;) ), and comments (which is particularly fun if/when the 'did you just say?' 'version' is uttered 'back to' someone who is currently in a bad mood, and my 'spin' on such results in their cracking a smile, and their mood 'lightening'... ;) ).
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Hi! I'm Dina and my superpower is that I hold the most amazing car concerts anywhere in the world! My husband would say my superpower is being able to burn or ruin any recipe I get my hands on no matter how simple they may seem, I am adamant that the stove is just broken : )
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Hi! I'm Dina and my superpower is that I hold the most amazing car concerts anywhere in the world! My husband would say my superpower is being able to burn or ruin any recipe I get my hands on no matter how simple they may seem, I am adamant that the stove is just broken : )

;)

This is neat, sweet, and adorable -- and funny... ;)

(...and inspiration for an adjunct inclusion in the thread -- what *others* would say one's superpower is... ;) )
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Awe thank you : )
  • Hi, I'm Jason, 31, married father of two, barely a week into my weight loss journey, but already becoming addicted to eating better and using MFP to keep track of my progress.

As far as super powers go, I think I was asleep when they were handing those out... :)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    As far as super powers go, I think I was asleep when they were handing those out... :)

Maybe sleep IS your superpower. :yawn:
  • My name is Maryann and my super power is being able to deadlift 135 pounds and squat 125 pounds.
  • Cherryripple
    Cherryripple Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Geeks,

My name is Cheryl and my superpower is being readily inconspicuous :glasses:
  • bristarn90
    bristarn90 Posts: 13
    Hello, I'm Bri and my superpower is Telekinesis! I just joined and am looking for other awesome people to be friends with. Feel free to add me.
  • Hello! My Name is Elizabeth and being able to shoot people in the face with out hurting them is my superpower. :bigsmile:
    feel free to add me!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Marcella and my superpower is folding maps the right way after using them--you know those old paper thingies before GPS and smartphones told you where to go.

Sadly, my superpower is less useful now than it once was.

I'm a tried-and-true geek. I play video games, role-playing games, board games (<3 Agricola) and puzzles. I watch shows, read fantasy and science fiction books and the occasional graphic novel. My current favorite fandoms are Doctor Who, Star Trek, the Vorkosigan Saga, and of course Firefly.

I'm also an art historian, a digital museum professional, an avid jazz listener and a serious foodie. Oh, and I'm looking for friends on here. Please feel free to add me if any of these things strike a chord!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Marcella and my superpower is folding maps the right way after using them--you know those old paper thingies before GPS and smartphones told you where to go.

Where were you when I needed you!!!!! (-_-)
  • Hello!

My name is Ashlee and have the ability to burn ramen noodles! ... It takes quite of bit of skill.
    Other than that, I'm just beginning on MFP so hopefully I'll figure out how to work this thing and start being healthy! :drinker:
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Hi y'all! I have no superpowers, but I like people who do! :)
  • Eztli55
    Eztli55 Posts: 11 Member
    *Someone stole my super power... help!!

XD
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    I'm Tiffy, my super power is watching whole seasons of shows on marathon mode.

Hi, I'm Kathy and damn, I was gonna say this is my super power. :D I am also quite the fangirl once I get obsessed with a show, movie, band, book or whatever.

PS: Since I'm quoting you and stealing your super powers already: Sweet tattoos!
  • ZanePaquette
    ZanePaquette Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, My name is Zane, My Super power would be Quote every Movie that i have ever Seen!
  • maegzzz
    maegzzz Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I'm Maegan, and my superpower is memorizing song lyrics after hearing them once.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Miz Terry...my ability is to find...water problems. Seriously. I can smell water problems in a house, I can detect them when no one else can, I can even do the water witching thing.