HELLO AWESOME PEOPLE!

Options

Replies

• smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you my name, hence my secret identity! LOL! My super power is the ability to memorize phone numbers and drive my husband crazy by reciting the number out loud before finds it in the phone book!

I also have the amazing superpower of not only tolerating teens, but I actually enjoy hanging out with 30+ teens in the library while mointoring their every move and getting them excited about reading a book! Secretly I love the fact that I get paid to play video games with the teens and share my love of books with them!! LOL!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello ! My name is Chelsea :)

I'm from Ohio and my super power is a deep desire to learn everything about cooking and food (even though I'm a Speech Therapy major).

Also, my obsession with Alton Brown,Good Eats and Portal !

alton_brown_geek_motivator-500x400.jpg

Ok, first let me say...Ohio!!! Yeah!! Next let me just point out that you're Doctor Who costume and the Tardis are amazing!!! That is so stinkin' cool!! Nuff said!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hello ! My name is Chelsea :)

I'm from Ohio and my super power is a deep desire to learn everything about cooking and food (even though I'm a Speech Therapy major).

Also, my obsession with Alton Brown,Good Eats and Portal !

alton_brown_geek_motivator-500x400.jpg
    Squeeeeel! Love AB.

My superpower is that I a little bit about a lot of thing. I am Geek, hear me bore.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Leata :) By day, I'm a mild-mannered Human Resources Administrator (they still won't let me fire people!), but when the night comes, I become the roller-derby mistress Damsel of Distress. My superpower is: The Booty-Block.

I'm also a fan of RPG's, and just getting into FPS's. Also just got my hands on the new Transformer Prime tablet, which excites me to an unknown degree (I know they can't call it that anymore due to the Hasbro lawsuit, but seriously, it's an awesome name!).
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You'll like Heather, she writes poetry and doesn't afraid of anything.

:D Hi. I'm a World of Warcraft nerd, manga reader, anime lover, Magic the Gathering player, Twitter addict, rocking out to various Neue Deutsche Härte bands, lover of language. I have the power of irreverence, unwavering humour and goodnaturedness (totally a word), and the ability to lose things which I like to refer to as "Advanced Concealment"- not even I can find it.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yo peoples, just looking round these groups and found this one - had to join :-D My superpower....hmmmm...having such cold extremities I can make grown men cry (true story).

I play WoW (and have recently been tempted by role-playing, but it's almost a step too far ;) ), raid far too much, enjoy comic books and the following films and ofc reading fantasy novels! I even have geek glasses ;)
  • eatherhey
    Options
    Yo peoples, just looking round these groups and found this one - had to join :-D My superpower....hmmmm...having such cold extremities I can make grown men cry (true story).

I play WoW (and have recently been tempted by role-playing, but it's almost a step too far ;) ), raid far too much, enjoy comic books and the following films and ofc reading fantasy novels! I even have geek glasses ;)

What server/faction are you?
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Aszune (EU), Alliance. Play a druid called Squidgeypaws :) Although I'm just levelling a horde-side hunter at the mo, which has been a lot of fun! (Never really did the whole hunter thing till now and I'm finding I'm caught up in trying to find and tame spirit beasts -.- )

How bout you?
  • eatherhey
    Options
    Aszune (EU), Alliance. Play a druid called Squidgeypaws :) Although I'm just levelling a horde-side hunter at the mo, which has been a lot of fun! (Never really did the whole hunter thing till now and I'm finding I'm caught up in trying to find and tame spirit beasts -.- )

How bout you?

:D Area 52/Horde. It's awesome for Horde side, it outnumbers Alliance 3/1. Resto Druid/Håwthorne. Ima add you to my friends list!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Haha nice :-D yeah there are loads of servers where ally outnumber horde, so it's good to know that there are places it's still safe to be a hordie ;) I'll add ye to my friends :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Awwww I miss WoW.... I haven't played since B.C. came out!
  • ShadowSylph
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate :flowerforyou:
    I have no idea what to write. I'm not as cool as the rest of you geeks. :indifferent:
    I'm a nature lover, socially awkward, super creative, and I'm not supposed to talk about my super powers...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    hi all. been on MFP for a while. big time gamer, Star Wars fanatic, Big Bang Theory, sci-fi stuff, comics, etc etc. been alot more physically active in the past 2 years than I have been all my life. super powers? hmm does being "Forever Alone.jpg" count? :laugh:
  • MetalPirate
    MetalPirate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just showed up here yesterday, and found this group as it seems to be the only IT/geek/computer/whatever group I have seen. I play a lot of videogames when I can and work in the IT industry.

I would have to say my superpower is being METAL. Yeah, metalhead/geek, weird combination but it works. That or hotdropping on an enemy base with multiple, full gal's armed with the most elite outfit in planetisde >D
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I just showed up here yesterday, and found this group as it seems to be the only IT/geek/computer/whatever group I have seen. I play a lot of videogames when I can and work in the IT industry.

I would have to say my superpower is being METAL. Yeah, metalhead/geek, weird combination but it works. That or hotdropping on an enemy base with multiple, full gal's armed with the most elite outfit in planetisde >D

Hey Metal/ geek combo not as weird as you would think.... Mosto f my friends are Metal/Rock/geek combo It does make for some great parties though
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hey fellow geeks my name is Dean and my super powers would have to be the ability of false judgement people seem to assume im thick/dumb etc for loads of reasons such as spelling etc but my favourite thing to do is give them stupid look of no understanding when they talk to me .....then later on confuse them with my brain ...this works best with bullies for them to be belittled by just attitude and words haha
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Renee. My super power is that I have exact facial recognition. I can remember any face at any time. I seem to have a catalog in my brain and I sort of flip through it at an extremely fast speed and can recognize anyone within minutes even seconds. Pretty handy at times!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Hey Metal/ geek combo not as weird as you would think.... Mosto f my friends are Metal/Rock/geek combo It does make for some great parties though

i agree - actually I feel like Metal is MOSTLY nerds now (or geeks, whatever you want to call yourself). We went to the Dethklok show (for Mastodon but hey it turns out Dethklok live is actually AMAZING) and I was like "wow this is a really PARTICULAR demographic".

Hi! My name is
    <
    that

My super power is ......I think my super power is being the embodiment of "IDGAF"? that's kind of a weird one. I desperately need book recommendations (books I can get onto my kindle even if it requires shenanigans) so please send me anything, anything at all, I haven't read a book in like 3 days and I might die.
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My name is Lizi and I have the ability to turn most situation to incredibly awkward situations :)
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    Hello I'm John, and I have the ability to learn anything, and the ability to repair almost any computer and understand technical software and hardware jargon when it comes to helping people. At the moment I didn't have the ability to stop the previous run-on sentence. :happy:

Geeks or whatever yall want to call yourselves are welcome to add me. :happy: