WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.4 miles ave speed 5.67 burned 449 cals.

12 down 8 to go.

I have my first ever 5K on March 31st. yay!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    11th run down!!!!! wooooohooooo
    and I beat my old 5K time!
    29min58seconds
    yay

hope everyone has a wonderful week:)
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    burned 418 calories doing 35 minutes of "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)"

Grrrr i had to pull myself for this run. was not in the mood today but i got it done!!

14 RUNS DOWN AND 6 TO GO:wink:
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    3.5 miles in 34 mins ave speed 5.75 burned 478 calories

13 down 7 to go
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    11th run down!!!!! wooooohooooo
    and I beat my old 5K time!
    29min58seconds
    yay

hope everyone has a wonderful week:)

Nice work..
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    Options
    Fell ill for 2 days, but still hoping to complete the challenge :)

14. Wednesday 21st March: 10km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 19 secs / km - total time 53 mins 10 seconds

Ok, 6 to go :)
  • genene111
    Options
    Last night I completed my 12th run:) 30 minutes at 6 mph .
    Scheduled another for today, I will log it later!!

Yea thanks wifey for this group, as a newbie runner it has really motivated me!
    I feel much more ready to complete my first 5 k race on aPril 1st!:)

Have a great day everyone!
  • mickyjd
    Options

Hey, I've saw your posts and just wanted to say well done - for someone new to running you really are doing superbly well.

I hope you keep enjoying the runs and if you need any help with motivation just ask - all the best :)
  • wifeyy
    Options

Awesome job!! As micketjd already said for someone new to running you really are doing a Great job and keep it up.
  • wifeyy
    Options
    burned 680 calories doing 50 minutes of "Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile)"

I could have gone for an hour but i stopped at 50 min. not bad

15 RUNS DOWN AND 5 TO GO!!!
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    Ran three miles today in 32 mins burned 402 calories

14 down 6 to go
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options

Great job! I am running my first 5k on March 31st. We will have to compare notes :) We are in the same boat, I started running in Jan too. Congrats!
  • mickyjd
    Options
    15. Thursday 22nd March: 10km @ <65% max HR: 6 mins 01 secs / km - total time 60 mins 11 seconds

Only 5 runs to go woop woop - definitely 1 run tonight and one tomorrow, so will have 3 to do in the last 7 days of the month. GOAL ACHIEVABLE :)
  • mickyjd
    Options
    Ran three miles today in 32 mins burned 402 calories

14 down 6 to go

Great running - keep it up. Let's finish this challenge STRONG!
  • mickyjd
    Options
    burned 680 calories doing 50 minutes of "Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile)"

I could have gone for an hour but i stopped at 50 min. not bad

15 RUNS DOWN AND 5 TO GO!!!

Fantastic running - I've got 5 left too - LET'S DO IT!
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    GO GO GO.. everyone can do this...

Someday maybe I'll hit 60 mins. you guys are running fantastic speeds and distances :) my max so far is 36 mins 3.5 miles. (bought new Brooks last night, my knees where much better this morning)

WOOT WOOT come on ya'll

wifey, thank you for posting this challenge. Before this I would run once a week and do other cardio, but this has encouraged me to run more and I am actually enjoying it. Who would have thought.
  • genene111
    Options

Hey, I've saw your posts and just wanted to say well done - for someone new to running you really are doing superbly well.

I hope you keep enjoying the runs and if you need any help with motivation just ask - all the best :)

Hey thank you so much!!!
    I really appreciate that. I am certainly very new to running, and I just keep thinking how awesome it really makes me feel after I push myself!
    I will take you up on that offer for advise:) I always have lots of questions.
    First question hahah...
    How do you improve your speed? Is there a trick or do you just let your body tell you your ready?

Seriously everyone ( especially wifey)
    This is fantastic challenge, and am so happy to be apart of it!

Today I ran 6.37 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes! That's my longest run to date (outside)
    Woo hoo
  • genene111
    Options
    Oh and 13th run down:)
  • mickyjd
    Options

Hey thank you so much!!!
    I really appreciate that. I am certainly very new to running, and I just keep thinking how awesome it really makes me feel after I push myself!
    I will take you up on that offer for advise:) I always have lots of questions.
    First question hahah...
    How do you improve your speed? Is there a trick or do you just let your body tell you your ready?

Seriously everyone ( especially wifey)
    This is fantastic challenge, and am so happy to be apart of it!

Today I ran 6.37 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes! That's my longest run to date (outside)
    Woo hoo

To increase speed, I really worked on my cardio by doing the Shaun T - Insanity program. It took my resting heart rate down from 74bpm to around 56 bpm.

You also need to add in some sprints - at least once per week, or a tempo run (where you build up your speed gradually throughout the run, hold max pace for 1 minute, then gradually bring your pace down).

Finally, add in a little bit of strength training once per week just to help you build some lean muscle - all of that has worked for me. My 1km initial time was 6mins 30secs per km and now I can run a 10km at average pace 4 mins 22 secs.

Happy to help and keep going as that was a fantastic 6 mile run in just over an hour!
  • mickyjd
    Options
    16. Friday 23rd March: 17km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 27 secs / km - total time 92 mins 51 seconds

Only 4 runs to go woop woop - another run today at the gym (incorporating some sprints along with some strength training). I think Sunday will be a total rest day for me as the old body is beginning to feel the PAIN! Lol.

{PS 17km is just over 10.5 miles :) and speed (average) 6.82 miles per hour.}