Like Minded Lushes - March 2012

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Super low key but amazingly awesome St. Patty's. Celebrated my Irish by having leftover corned beef and cabbage at 6 am after being up since 3am. Once the fiancé woke up around 8:30 he sat and looked at stuff on the iPad while I watched How I Met Your Mother until we decided to get lunch at one of the mexican places near our house. We got huge beers and then went to the pack to pick up some booze. Came home, both of us had the same idea of changing into lazy clothes and then we started on the beer. Drank until 11ish and went to bed around 11:30 so at this point I had been up for over 20 hours and had a good deal of beer plus a bottle of prosecco and I had no idea how I was awake but I was and I wasn't even drunk just a good buzz that I had kept going. No hangover for this gal today =}

Went out for lunch, got my nails done then came home and changed into lazy clothes and had a beer out on the deck while all 5 fur babies soaked up some fresh air and sun. Now I'm planted on the chase lounge watching How I Met Your Mother having some more beer with all the windows open on this unbelievably beautiful day :smile:

Aunt flo came to town which means I won't have an appetite for the next week so hopefully next week I'll be feeling nice and slim!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Nothing the weekend!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Nothing the weekend!

Your my hero :flowerforyou:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    My alcohol free month has started late, but I'm determined to make it happen. Day one is now. I didn't drink today. I'm not drinking until I leave for the Dominican Republic in April.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Sun - 6 oz. Jameson
  • Kat120285
    Some beers yesterday as well as some coffee with cinnamon whiskey.

It's going to be gorgeous here this week and our engagement party is Saturday so despite Aunt Flo being here I am in the best mood :smile:

It's a great week to be alive.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Kat, you are so adorable. :heart:

Wade, we can keep each other honest...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Friday=pitcher of margs and 4 beers
    Saturday=2 beers
    Sunday=3 beers 2 glasses of wine

I have a feeling this is not going to be a sober week for me...
  • mmm_e
    mmm_e Posts: 10
    Hi All, I am just joining you! Glad to see some other people on MFP that enjoy a drink or two or... 6 :grumble: :drinker: St Patty's Day did me in... This week I am going to try and take atleast 2 days off from my evening rum + diet... we will see! BUT... it is wicked nice here... feels like summer (weird) soooo... probably a week full of bbq and beer... :drinker:

Mon - ?
    Tues - Goal 0
    Wed - Goal 0
    Thurs - Girls night... probably 1-2 beers and a rum + diet coke (or two)
    Fri - ?
    Sat - ?
    Sun - ?
  • nisijam5
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

This is what it MUST be...I have to prove I am not an alcoholic :tongue: <<<Me, thirsty for a nice beer :heart:

Ever see the bumper sticker, "I am not an alcoholic, I am a lush. Alcoholics go to meetings" :wink:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    images48-1.jpg
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Friday-LOTS...tequila shots, 1 beer and wine
    Saturday-LOTS....1 beer, wine, manhattan, and two irish car bombs
    Sunday-LOTS...2 manhattans, wine and two flights of beer
    RESET.....
    Monday-0, although I make no guarantees for the rest of the week :wink:
  • Kat120285
    It is still sooooo nice outside and it is making me want a beer! Must refrain but it's so hard.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    There will be LOTS AND LOTS of drinks tonight. I'm ready to hang myself, work related, ARGGGGHHHHHHHH.
  • Kat120285
    There will be LOTS AND LOTS of drinks tonight. I'm ready to hang myself, work related, ARGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Have a few for me! I'm restraining myself from making a cinnamon whiskey coffee :drinker: Hope things at work change.
  • nisijam5
    Zippo....love #7

Kat...sorry, I have no strategies for refraining

Liz....wash away the stress

1 more day of work, 2 off and then working the weekend. I should almost be well-behaved. Early night tonight, I am pooped. I walk about 3 miles during a shift...and, and then I did 5 miles on the path after work.

Chow for Now!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Oh no, Liz! Stoooopid work :grumble:

I'm having my first glas of wine in I don't know how long. Did have some champagne to celebrate the kids college acceptance..but this girl has been wine free for weeks.
    I'm finally feeling better and will probably fall off my chair after one glass. :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Someone's gonna be loopy!!

My pole exercising classes just popped up Groupon...SOLD...just have to wait for the knee to be 100%
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Zero yesterday.
    I have some wine logged already for tonight just not sure if I'm gonna do it or not. Although I refrained from booze yesterday I ate like poop so I need to make up for it today!!!
  • nisijam5
    Big fat zero for last night!!

Monday, 0 drinks

Scale was kind to me this morning. I'm going to a specialty shop for clothing on Monday. I have $200 to spend and hope that things fit me there. Have a great day lushes!!

I'll have another 0 for tonight!