Like Minded Lushes - March 2012

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Great job Kim!!! I have a love-hate relationship with shopping! Good luck, hope you find lots of awesome stuff :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    bumper sticker, "I am not an alcoholic, I am a lush. Alcoholics go to meetings" :wink:
    Love it.

So had a great interview Friday and yesterday the senior manager calls to tell me I made it to the short list and that she would like to talk to my current manager. I will take that as a good sign.

Sunday was bottle of champange split with hubby and later in the evening a couple of vodka rocks.
    Monday was two very light vodka rocks.
    Tuesday ?

Happy belated mother's day to Yvonne.(I think she is the only UK mom on this thread) I hope it was a good one.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Have fun shopping nisi and good luck mama lush, sounds like a good sign.

Well it would have been a fabulous spring night to have some beers or cinnamon whiskey coffees with all the windows open and watching a movie but I made it and didn't have any booze :smile: So I kept the fat burner burning fat instead of the booze! I seem to drink less when I'm not counting calories because I always worry that I'm taking in too much. Although then when I go back and tally the calories just to see, I haven't taken in much at all which is also probably due to the worry that I'm eating too much.

Also got in my 16 cups of water yesterday which felt good and today I've just had a cup of coffee and it's almost 11am and I'm still not hungry courtesy of aunt flo.

Should be another 0 for tonight as well as Thursday and maybe Friday since we're apparently getting a keg for our engagement party as well as having a mixed drink bar :indifferent:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    Had to put my kitty down yesterday :cry: :brokenheart: , half of bottle of wine with dinner.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Had to put my kitty down yesterday :cry: :brokenheart: , half of bottle of wine with dinner.

Oh no :cry: how old?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Awwww, that's a tough one...1/2 bottle is not enough
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Good luck Robin!

Oh nooooo wolfie. :cry: I'm so sorry.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    so sorry about your kitty cat, wolf, that is terrible.
  • mmm_e
    mmm_e Posts: 10
    sorry about your kitty :flowerforyou:

monday - 1 beer (after work with co-workers), 2 light rum and cokes... bad day at work, ate terribly, just felt like drinking...
    t
    uesday - nothing tonight
    and probably nothing for wednesday either... Thursday will be another story :drinker:
  • wolf23

Oh no :cry: how old?

She was 15. She was the one I had as my profile picture sticking her tongue out. She will be missed, but I am relieved she is no longer suffering. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words, it does help as does the wine.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Wolf, I am so so sorry. I had to put a very sick diabetic cat down a few years ago, she was only 6 years old :(( Heartbreaking. Hang in there.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Day 3 nearly complete. I am determined to stay alcohol free for another 25 days. Its really helping me get back to my active self. Burning 500-1,000 calories per week doesn't get it for me. I need to be in the 3,000-5,000 per week range and I think I am there this week!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Sunday 0
    Monday 2.5 glasses of wine
    Tuesday 2 margaritas

made it back from cheer competition and only 2.5 glasses of wine - wow

wolf - so sorry about your kitty

mmm welcome

kim - let me know about pole dancing - how fun!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Wade, nice job, sir!!

Wolf, so sorry about the kitty. Intellectually, we (as in, people with fur babes) know it's the best thing, but it definitely doesn't make it any easier. :heart:

Nothing for me again tonight. Whoo hoo!
  • kblue2007
    Wolf so sorry about the kitty, so sad! Not sure what I'm gonna do when mine go :(

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-I have 10oz logged again but not sure if I'll have it or not. Just like to add it in so if I do decide I get a better idea of what the rest of my day looks like!

Feeling super duper bloated today probably cause I've been substituting wine for pretzels....................
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Solpwr and Dot - Wayt to go!!!! good job. You are my heros.

Wolf sooo sorry about the kitty. I hope you went for the whole bottle not just half.

so keep those fingers and toes crossed. Hiring manager is calling my current manager today for a reference. I really hope I get this new position.
  • kblue2007
    fingers and toes crossed. Good luck Robin!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Krisco...nice job on the baby sips while you were gone.

Robin....sending good vibes all the way from MN

Solpwr...one day at a time, right?

Dot...your going strong as well, good job.

Kate, good plan of planning booze

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, I'm leaning toward a 0...I would like to hit a new milestone by the end of March. The scale moved today and I am cautiously skeptical.
  • wolf23
    So this morning I made a grapefruit pie for tonight to celebrate my daughter's birthday (that is what she wanted) anyways, I have never made it before and the whole time while I was tasting/licking the spoon, I am thinking how awesome this would taste with vodka, then again...what doesn't taste good with vodka :bigsmile: I've made margarita pie with tequila, but never greyhound pie, maybe next time I will try it.

Everyone seems to be doing really well this week. Dot, Krisco, nisi, Solpow, Kblue :flowerforyou:

Robin - good luck!

Last night - 1 glass chardonnay
    Tonight - maybe vodka
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    mm, greyhound pie, sounds delish. I greyhound sounds delish too...
    Been having a couple glasses of wine every night, oh well...