Like Minded Lushes - March 2012

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    I've enjoyed some Bailey's ice cream tonight, but the cold beer isn't tasting good :-(, it's seriously going to my head though :-)

Congrats on your success! I'm not sure I could ever do that.

I can't remember the last time I had ice cream though...probably has been months. I'd rather have my wine/vodka. I bet if I quit drinking I'd probably replace it with sugary *kitten* though.

Yeah, I know I'd eat more sugar if I wasn't drinking....so why take a chance!! Have a drink! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Yeah, I know I'd eat more sugar if I wasn't drinking....so why take a chance!! Have a drink! :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member

This is why we are MFP friends. LOL
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I've got 3 glasses of wine already logged in and still have 236 cals left not counting exercise cals but since I've just eaten healthy all day it took quite a bit of said healthy food to meet cals so I'm not so hungry. Thinking I'll just have a glass of milk for some extra protein and calcium.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    Woke up a little giddy this morning...hmmm. As a side note, abstaining did not significantly affect my weight because I found I would replace the alcohol calories with sugar calories, but it did make a difference in consistently less bloating in case anyone was curious. I prefer alcohol personally.

Same...I'd rather drink them

Agreed. I've lost a little bit of weight without really trying, but I've developed a taste for dark chocolate. I have been eating more food so if I add alcohol back in without reducing the amount of food to compensate I will end up going over calories. I haven't noticed any health benefit as I was a fairly moderate drinker anyway and there's been a few mornings I've woken up with a stinking headache and would've sworn it was caused by alcohol if I'd been drinking the night before!

That said, at some point in the future I'm sure I'll do another month alcohol free as I like the challenge, plus I'm going to try not to let the drinking creep from a couple of nights only to most nights as I find it tends to do.

OMG...we could be alcohol twins. Cheers to a successful sober (ahem, boring) February. Nah it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either :)

Tonight - 2 glasses of Merlot and lots of sugar. 600+ over calories! All aboard the fail boat toot toot!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-1 shot of vodka and pomegranate liquor, so good!!!
    Friday-not sure yet...wine or vodka...decisions decisions
    Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with my fam, so wine and probably a martini
    Sunday, I'm not sure yet, wine or beer...definitely something I just have to see how it works into my day. I'm trying to make my weekends alittle better, feeling like I have gone backwards the last couple of months, hence why I haven't lost anything in about a month......
    Anywho's yay it's friday :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    All aboard the fail boat toot toot!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Failures for the month of March portent to be huge so hang on tight to your life vest.

I really need to get it back together.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Yay for Friday!!!! I made it through my 4 days without booze again!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday- vodka drinks and beer....out to one of my fav bars for dinner and drinks (and they have great draft beer)
    Saturday- staying in probably a wine and movie night
    Sunday- shooting for 0 but most likely wine
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Failures for the month of March portent to be huge so hang on tight to your life vest.

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member

Hahaha excellent.

So, I sort of forgot today is not the end of the booze weight loss experiment, it'll be Saturday after my last work out of the week where the calorie burn for the week will be over 4200. I did weigh in today for my daily app though and I'm down .8 from yesterday.

Hanging out with Mom and Gram today so there will be champagne :drinker: Going to go hop on the bike in a minute and get my work out for today over.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    So its been a dry week.... It's funny because my friends came over with a huge bottle of Vodka last night but I wasn't in the mood to drink.... However there is now 3/4 a bottle of Vodka in my freezer that I will be trying to stayaway from this weekend :heart:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Yay, March!! Let the green champagne flow all month! Or is it just supposed to be on one day? I'm going with the month one!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Thursday=2 glasses of wine and 4 miller lites but they were in like, dixie cups so I don't think they count as four drinks!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member

Our captain better not jump ship!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................Captain Morgan......................
  • rjadams

Our captain better not jump ship!

I will ride her down to the bottom of the bottle:wink:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Happy March Ladies ....

Mon : 0
    Tues: 0
    Wed : 3
    Thurs : 3
    Friday - Sun ahhhh whose counting

I promise next week will be better ... pinky swear!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    woohoo back to the land of lushness, I feel like I belong here again :-)

on 4th glass of wine, I've eaten loads today but worked my *kitten* off at the gym earlier so I still have a few calories spare so could finish the bottle if I wanted. I've upped my calories for the last week too (I'm trying to convince myself it'll help build muscle) and I've been feeling pretty good, more energy etc. Plus after my beer last night I had my best nights sleep in ages, alcohol is definitely good :drinker:

and cheers wolf to successful Feb
  • rjadams
    So I think this picutres proves that babies are babies. I can't tell the difference between my baby boy Ritter and my beautiful granddaughter Olivia.

upMybabies.jpg

They both fit the same place and pretty much leave the drinking hand free:laugh: (for water of course)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! Cheers! I am going to wait as long as I can before I indulge, but there will be Miller Lites tonight :):drinker: