Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I went back to the Comic book store on Thursday to get the Venom books that I didn't commit to on Wednesday.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    X Files marathon and I can't see the Smoking Man without thinking of the Barenaked Ladies song, One Week :laugh:
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I spent my weekend happy because I fit into the very first bodice I bought 10.5 years ago just like it fit back then. I shrank out of it about 8 years ago, and then grew way past it looking good, or even fitting in the end.

Not a flexible boned bodice or plastic either, steel bones, heavy brocade with canvas backing. See, I'm an elitist about my bodices. Geek point #2.

Why bodices? Because I've been boffer larping for going on 11 years. Geek point #3.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Because I pointed out that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was $6 cheaper at Disc Replay than Gamestop, but that I'd rather have the Powerpoints from Gamestop. And...

Because the sales associate and I at the Disc Replay had gamergirl moment drooling over the future release of AC3. And...

I think men in polo shirts and khakis are extremely hot....of course it could just be just him.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Almost done re-watching all seasons of Lost on Netflix...
  • cubizzle
    Options

AHHHHH I'm only halfway through the 3rd season for the second time around on Netflix!

I decided to watch them again after seeing a fantastic interview with Damon Lindelof that was supposed to be about Prometheus, but worked it's way back to Lost.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Well, now I know how to actually get service at Best Buy. Go in, walk straight to the $1,300 gaming laptop you've been eying on their website, know the specs already, and 3 guys will come over and talk to you. And not stop talking. And, they'll offer you the previous model for $400 less that they claim to have not shown anyone else since the new one came out a couple months ago... Ha. Or, maybe it's simply because I'm a girl with big boobs buying a gaming computer?
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Five and a half hour "Farscape" marathon. Oh yeah.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Halfway through season 3 of Heroes on Netflix. (I own the DVDs, but why bust them out when Neflix is so much easier?)
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Halfway through season 3 of Heroes on Netflix. (I own the DVDs, but why bust them out when Neflix is so much easier?)

Just finished doing this :)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I was watching my cat playing with his new toy and thought; 'Figures my cat's not a Jedi'

IMG_00000072.jpg
  • cubizzle
    Options
    I ran on my lunch hour, so I have to leave early to get to the comic book store and then to the theater to pick up my Batman Trilogy tickets before dinner!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

AHHHHH I'm only halfway through the 3rd season for the second time around on Netflix!

I decided to watch them again after seeing a fantastic interview with Damon Lindelof that was supposed to be about Prometheus, but worked it's way back to Lost.

My people. I watch one episode of Lost a week with forum friends. We started when the show ended and we're midway through season 5 now.

But TODAY I'm a nerd because I just ordered my next mud run shirt.

http://www.80stees.com/products/Mighty-Thor-Costume-Shirt.asp

Whosoever wears this shirt, if he be worthy....
  • cubizzle
    Options

My people. I watch one episode of Lost a week with forum friends. We started when the show ended and we're midway through season 5 now.

That shirt is FANTASTIC! But I'm struggling to imagine it making it through a mud run. Cotton and all.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Because I watch Frontline on PBS!!!!!! It excites me!
  • BrettPGH
    Options

That shirt is FANTASTIC! But I'm struggling to imagine it making it through a mud run. Cotton and all.

I wore my Captain America shirt for Warrior Dash and though it got filthy it all came out in the wash. Which was kind of a let down. I wanted it to look worn and beat up. It's cotton and it seems fine now.

My plan is to wear a different hero shirt for every race I do. I want each one to resemble the actual costume. And I MAY even start framing them with the race bib and medal. How cool would that be? A wall of Cap, Thor, Iron Man...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I wore my Captain America shirt for Warrior Dash and though it got filthy it all came out in the wash. Which was kind of a let down. I wanted it to look worn and beat up. It's cotton and it seems fine now.

My plan is to wear a different hero shirt for every race I do. I want each one to resemble the actual costume. And I MAY even start framing them with the race bib and medal. How cool would that be? A wall of Cap, Thor, Iron Man...

I think he meant more that the mud would stick more and weigh you down, but I think it will be fine (you can always take it off and run shirtless if you need to).

Also you should totally see if that girl on etsy will make you some under-armor fabric super hero shirts. Seems like she might. You can't be wonder woman though, I have dibs.
  • cubizzle
    Options

I think he meant more that the mud would stick more and weigh you down, but I think it will be fine (you can always take it off and run shirtless if you need to).

Also you should totally see if that girl on etsy will make you some under-armor fabric super hero shirts. Seems like she might. You can't be wonder woman though, I have dibs.

That's exactly what I meant. I have a Tough Mudder in September, and I will now be looking for these fabled super hero UA shirts.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    No need to quote...

Wait a darn minute! Under Armor super hero shirts?? This is my dream. Etsy? Girl? Tameko help me damnit!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Brett- - you need to check out the LOOT page started by lacryx - it is nerd shopping nirvana my friend

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538552-loot