Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I embroidered my hat.

July172012

No way!! An adipose hat!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Four words: diet coke and mentos :bigsmile:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • pinuplove
    Options

I have video!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I embroidered my hat.

July172012

That's just... epic.

I started watching The IT Crowd last night and can't stop. Had to shut down my laptop, which was sitting next to my bed, so that I would finally attempt to sleep... at 5:30am, haha
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Because Saturday I'm going to this.

http://www.fliff.com/Film/685/CANT_STOP_THE_SERENITY
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    Today i'm a nerd because I have written a blog post about my bags...

http://rookin.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/bag-obsession

bags-1.jpg
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because to motivate myself to wake up and get to work, I watched a few minutes of Doctor Who while in the bathtub :3
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because to motivate myself to wake up and get to work, I watched a few minutes of Doctor Who while in the bathtub :3

if you've seen Futurama this'll make sense, said in the style of Hedonism bot 'Ooooh how decadent!'

if not, well I guess I just look wierd
  • thunderchld
    thunderchld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today, while chatting (online) with a co-worker, I could not change the font size, color, style of my text, so I put code around it so he would understand.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

I have video!

And my email address - so what's the hold up yo?
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I can't stop thinking about when I will get the Millenium Falcon (giant lego) and if I should wait to give to my husband on his b-day (in Sept) or when it arrives so we can put it together right when it gets here! (He has no idea I ordered this)
  • pinuplove
    Options

I have video!

And my email address - so what's the hold up yo?

:laugh: It's not THAT great - we weren't eating them or anything! Just dropped em into a 2L bottle from a tube and got a massive flume of cola!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    tomorrow I'm a nerd because I'm taking the entire day off to prepare for the 9 hour affair that will be the Dark Knight trilogy at the local AMC theater!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    tomorrow I'm a nerd because I'm taking the entire day off to prepare for the 9 hour affair that will be the Dark Knight trilogy at the local AMC theater!

Yeesh! I already whined about the 2hr 42 minute run time. I'm making my husband get up early so we can see it in the morning before I have my usual amounts of water/tea/coffee so I can see it without having to take a potty break.
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    There's a choice not to be? I'm going to have to see the math behind that proof.
  • callmebryntax
    Options

if you've seen Futurama this'll make sense, said in the style of Hedonism bot 'Ooooh how decadent!'

if not, well I guess I just look wierd

totally makes sense :D
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    Today I was ALSO a nerd because our office was reviewing the case of a particular co-founder of a particular annual Con in Georgia, and I was the only one who really understood how important it really was. On a related note, I referenced Pedo Bear and no one got it.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Because a neuroscience fan asked a question on Facebook that I was able to answer fully, completely and accurately. On a side note - have just discovered the Geekiest-Game-Ever. Part of Sebastian Seung's Connectome project to map the human connectome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5_J8ImoDE

For the whole podcast with audience Q&A: http://www.thersa.org/events/audio-and-past-events/2012/connectome-how-the-brains-wiring-makes-us-who-we-are

He's created a game that will help citizen scientists map neuronal connections of the retina. We're actually training A.I. while gaming.

http://wiki.eyewire.org/en/Instructions

Geek-gasm!!!
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ...I'll probably end the day playing a game of Cosmic Encounters.