Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• lalalove12
    lalalove12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I added an awesome Star Wars wallpaper for my phone. A ringtone of the main theme song and the light saber goes off when I get a text ;-)
  • jmjm55077
    jmjm55077 Posts: 43
    Options
    i'm a hybrid cross between a nerd and a geek...is that a neek or gerd? Well whatever, going to wow for a while...
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because...

Well, for one I'm reading through this thread and chuckling while passing comments about Star Wars, The Avengers, Big Bang Theory, Harry Potter, and Black Books! (I'm so glad everyone here gets these!)

Two, I lost respect for a critic who writes for Time because his last piece says that he will NEVER read Harry Potter or The Hunger Games because they're children's books.

Three, I made another Ringer (LOTR) happy by telling her that there were extended soundtracks and that I could give them to her.

=)
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because....

The major inspiration for my name change came from this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejLtDJ5V-9g
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    ...every woman I know is whacking off to 50 Shades, and I'm reading Abercrombie's The Heroes.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    ...every woman I know is whacking off to 50 Shades, and I'm reading Abercrombie's The Heroes.

Obvious question is obvious.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I'm not! *raises hand* and I *shan't* - I looked at the backs (or the amazon equivalent) and it looked terrible to me.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

You don't know me. Hi, I'm Teresa!

Now that you know me I'll tell you I am not reading that book. I read a sample and discovered it read like a high school kid wrote it and I have plenty of my own imagination rather than read poorly written smut. I'm finishing the Hunger Games actually.

Oh, and nice to meet you.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

You ARE a nerd! :laugh: Love the name change and I got most of the references in that song.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Had a discussion with about whether Hawkeye or Green Arrow would win a contest yesterday. We aren't finished, it is to be continued. :bigsmile:

Ollie would win just cuz he has the greatest facial hair in the galaxy!
    But.... crud, you win. :sad:
  • tameko2
    Options

Now that you know me I'll tell you I am not reading that book. I read a sample and discovered it read like a high school kid wrote it and I have plenty of my own imagination rather than read poorly written smut. I'm finishing the Hunger Games actually.

besides, if you want to read poorly written erotica its free online and has been since like, 1996.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Haha never even thought to put the inspiration behind my name in this thread...

If you don't know, just look up Bregalad...
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I started making a list of all the Magic: The gathering cards I can sell on Ebay. I should net about $5000 this summer from sales!!!!! Hello, new AR-10!!!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I started making a list of all the Magic: The gathering cards I can sell on Ebay. I should net about $5000 this summer from sales!!!!! Hello, new AR-10!!!

Oh god, now do ours, we have a medium sized moving box FULL of card boxes. But...so lazy.... Plus I think we both vaguely believe we might start playing again.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options

Oh god, now do ours, we have a medium sized moving box FULL of card boxes. But...so lazy.... Plus I think we both vaguely believe we might start playing again.

If I lived closer...no prob....but.......since I don't, start looking up various cards on Ebay, see what you might get for them, and sell them your selves. I haven't played in 11 years...but I still have a huge collection.
  • tameko2
    Options

If I lived closer...no prob....but.......since I don't, start looking up various cards on Ebay, see what you might get for them, and sell them your selves. I haven't played in 11 years...but I still have a huge collection.

noooo so painful. plus its mostly a huge volume of crap, stuff we'd have to sell for 50 cents. too much work.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options

besides, if you want to read poorly written erotica its free online and has been since like, 1996.

I got to Chapter 8 so far and can't figure out why everyone wants to read this book. It is so cheesy.. like a smutty harlequin book in a nice cover. I don't think I am going to bother finishing it.
  • tameko2
    Options

I got to Chapter 8 so far and can't figure out why everyone wants to read this book. It is so cheesy.. like a smutty harlequin book in a nice cover. I don't think I am going to bother finishing it.

That was my impression of it, BUT - in fairness to those reading it right now - I have also read plenty of trash in my life (I went through this phase my sr year in HS where I read one to two smutty romance novels per day) and I doubt its worse than some of the trash I've read, its just that I kind of filled up on it years ago so now its not interesting. I might have been very interested 10 years ago.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I finally decided to get the comics i ordered over the last sayyyyy 15 months or so and get them together before bagging, boarding with calcium board and cataloguing them, then boxing them - then i can start reading them. I need to catch up on Avengers I have every issue through to Siege and Dark Reign and now vs X-Men. I think i've only read issues 1-12 so far, i hate that life gets in the way sometimes :laugh:

IMG_00000067-1.jpg
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Nah, I hear it's BDSM, and that doesn't turn me on. Must get the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book, though...