Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I found a closed beta key to The Secret World in my inbox this morning and immediately ran around my apartment complex yelling "Illuminati Bi*ches" ... at 6:30am. >>;;

I've only been waiting (read: "stalking") this game since I saw it at PAX in 09...

....SO HAPPY ; ;

I got mine, too! That's what finally got my lazy @$$ out of bed :laugh:

YAY :D<3<3 That's awesome! Have you been playing the Facebook game as well? If you do, you get a lot of in-game items easily. :o

I have, but it's going slowly for me. I only have 3 people to send out, and don't want to spam my FB profile just to get in-game items.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I found a closed beta key to The Secret World in my inbox this morning and immediately ran around my apartment complex yelling "Illuminati Bi*ches" ... at 6:30am. >>;;

I've only been waiting (read: "stalking") this game since I saw it at PAX in 09...

....SO HAPPY ; ;

I got mine, too! That's what finally got my lazy @$$ out of bed :laugh:

YAY :D<3<3 That's awesome! Have you been playing the Facebook game as well? If you do, you get a lot of in-game items easily. :o

I have, but it's going slowly for me. I only have 3 people to send out, and don't want to spam my FB profile just to get in-game items.

Hmm, have you thought about joining a group for the game or making an alternative account? If you haven't linked it to your funcom yet, it should be possible. :) I wish I could donate points to you~
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Hmm, have you thought about joining a group for the game or making an alternative account? If you haven't linked it to your funcom yet, it should be possible. :) I wish I could donate points to you~

It's already linked, and I have my account all set up with my beta access (have it downloaded/patched already as well). It's no biggie :)
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    (Well from Saturday) ...As the credits were rolling for The Avengers I recieved a text informing me that Nathan Fillion will be in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing.

And I'm still giddy from it. (It didn't over shadow the movie, but it added to the nerdgasms of the day.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hooked my rockin Sega Genesis to an old TV and now my son thinks "Virtual Bart" and "Mortal Kombat" are the greatest games ever. I put in Toejam and Earl and he immediately says "Earl looks like Patrick Starfish." So glad I'm not the only one who thought Spongebob ripped this game off.
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I spent 12 hours fooling around with various mods on Minecraft while watching re watching Black Books in the background.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I was ridiculously proud yesterday when both of my boys sat up and gasped 'Stan Lee!' during his cameo in Avengers :smile:
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I spent 12 hours fooling around with various mods on Minecraft while watching re watching Black Books in the background.

Epic! Been there! I love Minecraft...And Black Books! Love the one when Manny is stuck in the shop and eats all of Bernard's bees!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    because I bought a tiny Mark IV Colonial Viper to dangle from my black ceiling
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    because I bought a tiny Mark IV Colonial Viper to dangle from my black ceiling

Today I'm a nerd b/c I love this ^^^^ hehe
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I just dropped a C:\DOS\RUN joke into a thread about hot geeks - how much nerdier can I be?
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Dropped $60 that I don't have to upgrade my RAM because I'm tired of my computer being slow.

(I'm not a tech geek, so I'll have to have it installed, but since I did it through the campus bookstore in town - of a University I don't attend, HAHA - they'll install it for free)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Sat reading my comic book stash in the garden in the sunshine, bliss :happy:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Had a discussion with about whether Hawkeye or Green Arrow would win a contest yesterday. We aren't finished, it is to be continued. :bigsmile:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just finished my scratchbuilt bookcase n when going through my books found all my old university dissertation reading material which now has pride of place so had to show you guys :happy:

IMG_00000062.jpg
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just finished my scratchbuilt bookcase n when going through my books found all my old university dissertation reading material which now has pride of place so had to show you guys :happy:

IMG_00000062.jpg

I love it! You did an amazing job!!!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I bought a Star Wars print skirt.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I bought a Star Wars print skirt.
    We NEED a picture

Today I'm a nerd...^^^ See request above.
  • uncarvedblock
    uncarvedblock Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ...I wore my Avengers shirt to my 6th viewing of Avengers so I could avenge whilst I was avengering.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Had a discussion with about whether Hawkeye or Green Arrow would win a contest yesterday. We aren't finished, it is to be continued. :bigsmile:

Ollie would win just cuz he has the greatest facial hair in the galaxy!