Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I'm planning out my best friend's bachelor party, and the venue is Dave and Buster's (think Chuck E Cheese for grownups) because we'd all rather play video games than go to a gentlemen's club.

I have never gotten a chance to go to one of those yet but I want to. After 5 nights at Freddy's I want nothing to do with Chuck E Cheese lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    Today, I'm a nerd because I'm very excited about the new WoW expansion. I can't wait to play a Demon Hunter!

Every time I'm bored and consider playing again, I remember the queues when a new expansion comes out... and the desire goes away, lol.

I've been playing Witcher 3.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I read Felicia Day's memoir yesterday, and tweeted to her this morning saying that I loved it and I could relate to a lot of it, and she FAVORED MY TWEET. And that made my day.

I actually saw her when I went to Comic Con almost 2 years ago and it made me so sad reading her book to see that she was struggling so much at the time... you could never have said, she looked so happy then.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I got tickets to an advance screening of the Attack on Titan movie! No one in my office understands why that should be so exciting :(
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    Today, I'm a nerd because I'm very excited about the new WoW expansion. I can't wait to play a Demon Hunter!

Every time I'm bored and consider playing again, I remember the queues when a new expansion comes out... and the desire goes away, lol.

I've been playing Witcher 3.

Every time I'm bored and consider playing, I remember that they now allow you to buy a max level character, then I realise I can't be bothered.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I watched this a few times with a smile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHkx9P19hg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

I'm pretty sure my husband just wet himself
  • Francl27
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Love this.

I watched last night's Geeks Who Drink episode and was glad to finally find a show I could have the answers to (well, at least a big chunk of them).
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I spent valuable time looking to find a Bell curve chart for wrist measurements.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I bought Avengers reusable grocery bags at the supermarket. And got upset they didn't have any Captain America ones.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Because I am shopping for Star Wars Ohio State shirts...So neat that there are some
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Found out that a co-worker liked Sci-Fi, random conversations boat cheese movies and Dr. Who followed said discovery.
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I read Felicia Day's memoir yesterday, and tweeted to her this morning saying that I loved it and I could relate to a lot of it, and she FAVORED MY TWEET. And that made my day.

I actually saw her when I went to Comic Con almost 2 years ago and it made me so sad reading her book to see that she was struggling so much at the time... you could never have said, she looked so happy then.

Loved "The Guild" and have seen a couple of the pod casts that she does with "gasp" Will Wheaten.
  • Francl27
    Options

Loved "The Guild" and have seen a couple of the pod casts that she does with "gasp" Will Wheaten.

I saw the first few episodes when it came out but I definitely need to go back and watch them, just not sure where I can find them, Netflix only has the first season.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I binged watched Sense8 this week after the kids went to bed, ending up going to bed way later than usual, but it was totally worth it. Love that show.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Got tickets for a local con near where I live. Pretty excited because my 9 year old son is coming with (total geek in training and couldn't be more proud) and right trying to figure out how to put together a simple cosplay of him being a minecraft character. Stampy I believe and I am still deciding what to go as. To keep with the theme I'll be some game character also
  • Francl27
    Options
    Probably going to go to Target to see all the Star Wars stuff, just because...
  • Mnaminal
    Mnaminal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A phone call with a board member from my company was peppered with Dennis the Peasant quotes.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I did a happy dance when my finite element model solved and the results looked reasonable
  • qubetha
    qubetha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got way overexcited because I understood an arcane yogscast reference in the comments at Imgur.

YES.