Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I should get one of those for my dad since he has a normal kilt lol. Today I'm a nerd because i contemplated spending 70.00 on a game i already have just for the outer cardboard box
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Today I used my new Sylvannis Windrunner pin from this month's LootCrate to secure my headscarf in defense of blood sucking demons... err, I mean mosquitos.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I bought a T.A.R.D.I.S. Lunch box for my son to take with him to daycare..... And then I packed my lunch in it instead. Its sitting on my desk at work now and I don't want to give it back. Also I might have bought A T.A.R.D.I.S. Backpack to use as his diaper bag and I may or may not have stolen that from him too.....
  • KrysKiss87
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Today I'm a nerd because Tardis kilt - wore this to the Phoenix Comic Con and had a blast. One of the few people not over heating.

6y657l6gc5s7.jpg

May I just say, You are now my favorite person. Ever.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I'm unpacking a 37.5 pound box of Nintendo games and items I got from fedex yesterday.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Today im a nerd because I spent $20 dollars on hearthstone packs. Oops
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    moazeyct395x.jpg
    Went as River Song to my local Ren Faire!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    moazeyct395x.jpg

You guys have weird Ren fairs.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »

You guys have weird Ren fairs.

Agreed! They have all the traditional stuff (which is what I usually dress for), but they also have themed weekends. This was Time Traveler weekend. So there was plethora of DW characters, but I also saw a power ranger, Ted (of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), and 2 Deloreans.
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a need this entire week because I'm working on mock ups for my nerdtacular wedding Dave the dates. I've got some Godzilla, FLCL, and Akira mocks to put together so I can make small edits once we officially book our venue.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Today i'm a nerd because i'm geeking out to Star Trek online.
  • KrysKiss87
    Options
    Because I bought a blue Kia soul so I could be my own version of "a Mad Woman in a blue box" Seriously. It was a deciding factor that my car had to be blue an boxy. I'm pathetic.
  • KrysKiss87
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh and also, because I'm planning on getting a Badwolf tattoo on my arm. and that's permanent.
  • Lulaica
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because my handbag of holding came in and I've now packed it with my usual stuff and am excited to find out that I can fit pretty much all my nerd stuff into it. :D
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Lulaica wrote: »
    Today I'm a nerd because my handbag of holding came in and I've now packed it with my usual stuff and am excited to find out that I can fit pretty much all my nerd stuff into it. :D

Oooh, which one did you get? I got given the big black leather one for christmas last year, and I love it. Unless it's a gym day, it fits everything I need for my work day.
  • Lulaica
    Options
    Lulaica wrote: »

Oooh, which one did you get? I got given the big black leather one for christmas last year, and I love it. Unless it's a gym day, it fits everything I need for my work day.

I got the regular one, though from comments, it sounds like it was recently redesigned. I'm already in love with it, since it obviously fits everything that was in my old purse, but I can also fit the things I used to have to swap out or carry by hand. It's honestly perfect for my next year especially with wedding planning and organizing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I got so excited to FINALLY find a suitable Chinese style jacket/shirt for my Kaylee cosplay!! And i've found a better shirt to wear under the coveralls since last year, just took the coveralls in a bit to make them more feminine and fitted, and added the Chinese characters to the legs and pockets with a sharpie! Also working on double Rey cosplays for me and for my daughter for our upcoming local Con - can't wait!! Found great odds and ends and parts to make the staff, and dyed a bunch of fabric to make it all grungy and worn, like it's been on a desert planet for several years.

Fun fun!
  • rowlandsw
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I bought a tshirt with a cat playing video games on it, one with a red panda gaming, and one of a cat dressed as cloud from final fantasy 7. I also got a 31" Master Chief "figure" for my room, they claim it's a figure but it's got less points of articulation than a barbie doll.
  • Lulaica
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because my fiance and I did an official test run of our Legend of Zelda save the dates and they are amazing!!!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing Star Trek 50th Anniversary MAC Lipstick in the shade "Where No Man Has Gone Before." I'm into makeup and sci fi, so I felt like I was basically obligated to buy it :)